Transition BMX is going out of business

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2017 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2017 1:37 PM

So this is probably a bigger deal for Canadians.

http://www.bmxtransition.com/

There's a guy in Victoria with a shop called Rockbay BMX. He's on Facebook and he has a site you can contact him on. If you're Canadian and don't want to have only shop at 3Ride then hit him up. He can get pretty much anything/

|

9/2/2017 2:20 PM

Can use sourcebmx in Canada to

|

Ride till you die

9/2/2017 2:25 PM

Damn, That sucks...

Still in Canada for mail order : 3ride, AtlantisBMX, Harvester bikes.

Source is ok for smaller stuff but they are from UK and if you do complete or a frame , im sure you will be hit with duties and import fees.

sorry to see them go...
|

9/2/2017 2:27 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Can use sourcebmx in Canada to

True, I was thinking more along the lines of Canadian companies. There aren't that many. We can get stuff from Chain Reaction as well. Rockbay is sweet shop, rider owned and run and Brad is really nice. Worth emailing him if you are looking for something. He has connections with pretty much every distributor so he can get almost anything.

|

9/2/2017 2:33 PM

cool , good to list and know all the small shops, atlantis is really involved in the scene so i try to go through them when i can, There is also a place called velocity cycles in langley and the owner there can generally get you what you need brand wise as well, they all buy from the same 4 distros down here anyways. chain reaction is good for safety gear etc

|

9/2/2017 3:56 PM

Here's link for Rock Bay:

Rock Bay BMX

|

9/2/2017 5:17 PM

Jibs action sports too has bmx stuff. Source bmx always ships fast and no duties and huge shipping charges you get buying stateside. 3 ride is good. Haven't bought from harvester yet.

|

9/2/2017 5:45 PM

The only problem I have with 3Ride is they claim to have the lowest prices in Canada and they do not.

|

9/2/2017 6:23 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

The only problem I have with 3Ride is they claim to have the lowest prices in Canada and they do not.

Truth, just look at harvester or bikezone frame prices...

|

9/2/2017 6:56 PM

Brink distribution is going out of business as well , think that's the s&m fit and United Canadian distro , they used to be 1664

|

9/2/2017 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2017 8:40 PM

1664 is going out of business too . I was told by a 100% reliable source in the bike industry that they're closing down soon . Main reason is just cost . Cost to buy parts , shipping , staff , property , etc . Canada is getting fucked recently , which is strange considering the scene here in Vancouver is huge .

Edit : Mentioned above 1664 / Brink is the same Distro

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/2/2017 8:42 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

3ride is amazing . You can use a code for 10% off year round with a minimum of 50$ which is basically nothing . Plus they hold jams , hook you up when you're in the store and I ate like 4 hot dogs which they paid for at the WTP jam . It's worth it . They are 100% legit

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/2/2017 9:47 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

3ride is amazing . You can use a code for 10% off year round with a minimum of 50$ which is basically nothing . Plus they hold ...more

I didn't say they were horrible but they claim to have the lowest prices and they don't, which is fine just don't say you do. For example the bike I own cost me 825. It cam to 900 and change with a helmet and taxes. That bike listed for 1200 bucks on 3Ride when I got it, then down to 1099, and it's just now only marked down to 899.

Again, I'm not saying 3Ride is bad but that is a misleading claim to make. Transition's prices aren't that great either really. Even with the big blow out sale the cheapest frame they have is 319.00. Everything else just seems to be marked down 80 or 100 bucks. Other websites(Harvester)have a couple of frames for under 300 and they're not even having a "Closing Out" sale.

Canadian prices on BMX stuff is ridiculous compared to the States. Even with the exchange we shouldn't be paying the prices we do. Everything I see is marked up to at least 80 bucks more than the exchange rate and that is frustrating. Maybe Canadian shops would do more business if they weren't gauging people for everything. Maybe it's not the shops though. It could be the distributors are charging higher prices. I don't know. Either way it sucks that things that cost Americans 250 bucks can be 500 here.

|

9/3/2017 1:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 1:59 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I didn't say they were horrible but they claim to have the lowest prices and they don't, which is fine just don't say you do. ...more

Word and truth be told I'm not rich so if you can save 300$ then 100% go with that option . But around here I find that I'd rather spend a bit more on something I like and fuck with , and thats 3ride and my local shop . It's like say 10% more than other places for example ... but if the service is good and the people are genuine and honest , it is worth paying . Hence my point with the jams and stuff .

It costs a ton of money with exchange , shipping , and mentioned above paying for rent and staff is not cheap . Which is why the prices are expensive . You can tell which shops have fucked up mark ups and which ones have logical ones . The bike shop I go too has stated the distributions are charging more every year because every year , everything gets more expensive . Which is harsh because there is no money in BMX . It's a shame because you can have loyal BMX customers , but you'd make WAY more money as a shop or distribution selling 300-600$ GT mountain bikes and some kid 24-26" for example , and if you have an area where the community is higher income , customers will come in and drop over a grand on a bike they do not need , simply because they can afford it .

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/11/2017 7:14 AM

I posted this earlier in another thread.
I find 3ride to be a bit pricey over others!! I've recently purchased two high end completes (WTP, Sunday) from the US. Being a short drive to the border I was able to save roughly $900 on my purchase even after factoring in the exchange. Canadians will always get screwed purchasing here as most merchants will usually inflate prices to help absorb the costs of importing goods. Just google BMX shops in the US and you'll see the majority of local shops are situated within miles of Canada/US border. Photo

|

9/11/2017 7:31 AM

Or just order from Britain or Australia

|

9/12/2017 10:51 PM

Brayden Buckingham you are hittin the top of the best customer list now for sure, lol!
just to let everyone know we actually state directly on our home page that we have a "lowest price guarantee" and people call us up to lower prices all the time. It basically applies to any advertised price in Canada (of course). As retailers a lot of the time we are told what the minimum price we can set prices at by our suppliers, especially bikes so keep that in mind. We always try to offer lowest possible price we can as well as codes and whatnot. So if u have an issue just call us up. Any warranties are handled directly through us too if u bought it from 3ride. Warranties through another country...not so easy. Brayden--special package on its way to you btw smile

|

Michelle /3ride

9/13/2017 1:03 AM

Michelle_Tolone-Scott wrote:

Brayden Buckingham you are hittin the top of the best customer list now for sure, lol!
just to let everyone know we actually ...more

WTF? Step it up Atlantis , wheres my special package? lol

|