Translucent colors

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2021 6:04 PM

Anyone with trans colors frames can you post a pic of it. Trying to get some ideas for a new color.

|

1/5/2021 6:12 PM

S&M HD Trans Black. Food from far, far from good. Love the frame, but the Trans black paint makes it look coffee colored: Photo

|

1/5/2021 6:22 PM

Color shifting flakes in clear...

Photo

|

1/5/2021 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2021 6:33 PM

Original poster should get chrome
He could have searched this topic in the search bar

Now I have to hijack this thread with a. Real question ......

Does anyone have any example of cerakote paint (preferably red) on titanium ?
I’m debating spending allot on some cranks , I’m going to be not stoked if the cranks come out different from the mutiny topload and rest of the bike I’ve got going , if it looks like shit I might be better to go with some black mavericks or rig cranks

|

1/5/2021 6:37 PM

The original S&M LTF in gold zinc looks better than translucent, S&M should bring that back

|

1/5/2021 6:43 PM

Probably in the minority here, but Ai really wish S&M would do matte colorways

|

1/5/2021 7:07 PM

vagabond wrote:

Matte looks sick but it shows scratches really quickly so that’s probably why most companies don’t do matte colorways

|

smile

1/5/2021 7:43 PM

vagabond wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Matte looks sick but it shows scratches really quickly so that’s probably why most companies don’t do matte colorways

Correct, flat finishes get messed up if you look at em funny... Even trying to wipe smudges off, you can easily make that area glossy...

|

1/5/2021 8:58 PM

vagabond wrote:

S&M HD Trans Black. Food from far, far from good. Love the frame, but the Trans black paint makes it look coffee colored: Photo

Yes that is to dark for what I am going for. But I do like the color.

|

1/5/2021 9:03 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Color shifting flakes in clear...

Photo

I have thought about clear with all types of different color flakes.

|

1/6/2021 1:06 AM

2019 WTP Battleship. Matt trans yellow.

Photo
Photo

|

1/6/2021 7:59 AM

S&M's Trans Orange

Photo

|

1/6/2021 10:50 AM

My old build: S&M Dagger in "sour grape" (trans purp)
Photo

|

1/6/2021 4:14 PM

Here is my other Trans example: Whammo V2 in Trans Purple. Looks great: Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/6/2021 4:14 PM

Anyone have any laser etching done? Thinking about getting some done but was told under lighter trans colors is don’t show up as good as darker.

|

1/6/2021 4:30 PM

vagabond wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Correct, flat finishes get messed up if you look at em funny... Even trying to wipe smudges off, you can easily make that area glossy...

Yeah, I know...but I still love the look. Here are pics of a Tallboy that I beat to hell and then powder coated in matte black

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/6/2021 11:34 PM

I had a trans brown steadfast. It looked rad. But in my experience trans paint chips off really easily. Unless it’s better than it was a few years ago?

|

1/7/2021 11:10 AM

Photo
|

1/7/2021 3:13 PM

Trans colours don't last nearly as long as solid. The ones I've had chipped really easily, Mankind, Fit, Proper just to name a few.

|

1/7/2021 4:37 PM

crispyoldcraig wrote:

My old build: S&M Dagger in "sour grape" (trans purp)
Photo

I hope in one point in time you’ve enjoyed the fear of doing a candy bar

|

1/8/2021 12:18 AM

My old S&M BTM Trans-Gold
Photo

|

Come back with a warrant.

1/8/2021 12:21 AM

I miss my old trans red battleship
Photo

|

smile

1/8/2021 1:11 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Photo

Not a red fan but the more I see trans reds the more they grow on me.

|

1/8/2021 8:15 PM

Whookid570 wrote:

Me neither but the red battleship just looked so classy to me and I had to pick one up

|

smile

1/8/2021 10:12 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Photo

Whookid570 wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Me neither but the red battleship just looked so classy to me and I had to pick one up

It was definitely a good pick up! I also been looking at this racing raspberry color I like as well Photo

|

1/8/2021 11:20 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Photo

the color looks classy for sure. Unrelated question though. Being that it's a WTP frame, why not throw some Eclat parts on that thing? From what Ive read, they're just as high quality as the stuff from Odyssey.

|

1/9/2021 4:48 AM

Vic707b wrote:

the color looks classy for sure. Unrelated question though. Being that it's a WTP frame, why not throw some Eclat parts on that thing? From what Ive read, they're just as high quality as the stuff from Odyssey.

I'm the same as Pastals. I have a Battleship on and i have a majority of Odyssey parts on it. i prefer Odyssey to Eclat even though Eclat is WTPs sister brand. I just think Odysseys stuff is better and it is all personal preference

|

1/9/2021 9:35 PM

Vic707b wrote:

That was just about 2 years ago so I wasn’t really all about eclat but I run all eclat parts on a cult frame

|

smile

1/9/2021 9:49 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Photo

Vic707b wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

I'm the same as Pastals. I have a Battleship on and i have a majority of Odyssey parts on it. i prefer Odyssey to Eclat even though Eclat is WTPs sister brand. I just think Odysseys stuff is better and it is all personal preference

I'm an Odyssey fan for life, been a "fan boy" since around 1987.. Back then the argument was which is better a Gyro or rotor... Answer- Gyro

|

1/11/2021 6:18 AM

Here's my trans red ATF 22. Photo

|