Tree Cassette Hub

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2011 9:39 PM

I am planning on getting the hub shipped to me from an old friend but I'm confused on the spoke lengths. So would anyone mind helping me figure out what size it would be to lace the hub to a fly front rim? Also to anyone who has it.... How does it ride and I know this is kinda gay but i'd like to know what the hub sounds like.

|

5/1/2011 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2011 9:44 PM

SPOKE CALCULATOR,
SEARCH BAR FTW

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

5/1/2011 9:58 PM

i checked a few but they don't have the tree cassette and if you have found one. Mind linking me to it? Or a Name?

|

5/1/2011 10:02 PM

call albes!

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

5/1/2011 10:14 PM

I've had mine for over a year and a half with zero problems. I have had it since it was a "prototype" and it has not skipped or done anything weird in the time I have had it. Shit sounds like a normal hub...ask dans but I'm pretty sure it will take 200mm spokes for a fly rim

|

5/1/2011 10:16 PM

Thanks guys and do you ride pegs? If so how's it holding up?

|

5/1/2011 10:38 PM

It needs straight pull spokes which are available on dans.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/1/2011 10:39 PM

Yeah, I got that part its just the sizes because the hub uses a 5 cross lacing pattern and is pretty damn new so most spoke calculators don't have it yet

|

5/2/2011 11:07 AM

YouAlreadyKnowThough wrote:

Yeah, I got that part its just the sizes because the hub uses a 5 cross lacing pattern and is pretty damn new so most spoke calculators don't have it yet

I run pegs most of the time, I have a gland hub guardsmen a bored out center on it....works pretty well..

|

5/2/2011 1:00 PM

Typical cassette, Loud and cool design, If you need spoke lengths to anything go to Pijin.com

|

Sigs are for Pigs

5/2/2011 1:03 PM

couldnt find the spoke length but this hub is sick! met a kid at my local skate park who runs it and he says its strong as hell

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

5/2/2011 4:55 PM

bobPA wrote:

I run pegs most of the time, I have a gland hub guardsmen a bored out center on it....works pretty well..

Thanks and link to the brand? Cause I heard the metal ring is horrible on there OG Guards

|

5/2/2011 4:56 PM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

couldnt find the spoke length but this hub is sick! met a kid at my local skate park who runs it and he says its strong as hell

Alright Thanks bro Now It Just depends on how fast i can get some money together

|

5/2/2011 4:57 PM

piggy7 wrote:

Typical cassette, Loud and cool design, If you need spoke lengths to anything go to Pijin.com

Thanks But Pijin Doesn't have the Tree Cassette

|

5/2/2011 5:10 PM

|

5/2/2011 7:19 PM

Ohhh, I'm Familiar with the Mk3, you said guardsmen and it threw me off. LOL Thanks, you've been allot of help.

|

5/2/2011 8:06 PM

bobPA wrote:

http://www.danscomp.com/512076.php?cat=PARTS

Ohhh, I'm Familiar with the Mk3, you said guardsmen and it threw me off. LOL Thanks, you've been allot of help.

Haha shit, I typed it on my phone so it probably just tossed that in and I didn't notice, take a look at my bike check and you can see how I have it set up. The hub is super simple to lace an has been perfect so far. It has become a part that I don't even think about anymore because it has never given me a problem haha.

|

5/2/2011 8:39 PM

How hard is it to true the wheel? Also Does it have to be cross laced?

|

5/4/2011 10:00 AM

i have it laced to a fly rim it uses 202mm spokes its builf 5 cross boviously and if its to a fly rim yeah it has to be crss laved but not to anything else its beautiful and has the best machining ive ever seen. its super easy to true them to

|

5/4/2011 11:09 AM

Very easy to build and true. I am lacing mine up to odyssey 7kas within a few hours...I'll toss up some pics

|

5/4/2011 11:41 AM

bobPA wrote:

Very easy to build and true. I am lacing mine up to odyssey 7kas within a few hours...I'll toss up some pics

you should post some pics when your done i wanna see those

|

5/4/2011 12:31 PM

that will be a nice wheel man

|

Refs: 14
bstick (cranks), Ftkallday (xbox), Brenden1207 (xbox live), Brokenbmx (cranks), jb07 (stem)
TCbmx (hubs), Wolfen (hub), William_Cespedes (cranks), SuperstarDK (wheelset) x2
Blizzbikes (Forks+Freecoaster) k1ng (bars), Spikez5 (chain+sprocket+bb), Evil1_4real (Frame)
J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

5/4/2011 12:38 PM

yes it is

|

5/4/2011 2:47 PM

Devon_Fincher wrote:

i have it laced to a fly rim it uses 202mm spokes its builf 5 cross boviously and if its to a fly rim yeah it has to be crss laved but not to anything else its beautiful and has the best machining ive ever seen. its super easy to true them to

Alright Well I have the Fly Front Rim. Do you know what size spokes it would be? That Just Confused me because I thought if a hub is cross-laced the rim had to-do the same.

|

5/4/2011 10:46 PM

Devon_Fincher wrote:

Alright Well I have the Fly Front Rim. Do you know what size spokes it would be? That Just Confused me because I thought if a hub is cross-laced the rim had to-do the same.

noo the hub dosent matter you just bend the spokes over to make it cross laced but it should also usee 202 mm spokes because both fly rims have the same distance from hub flange to spoke hole due to the rear being cross lace and having a higher profile wile the front is shorter and center laced its an equal curve across were the spoke should go

|

5/5/2011 7:55 AM

I just built my wheels up last night, I'll throw up some pics when I get it all together. Call dans dude they will tell you exactly what you need. Once you get started building a wheel with these hubs is almost mindless....it is so easy.

|

5/5/2011 10:23 AM

bobPA wrote:

I just built my wheels up last night, I'll throw up some pics when I get it all together. Call dans dude they will tell you exactly what you need. Once you get started building a wheel with these hubs is almost mindless....it is so easy.

easiest wheels ive ever built and by far the coolest

|

5/5/2011 4:44 PM

Devon_Fincher wrote:

Devon_Fincher wrote:

noo the hub dosent matter you just bend the spokes over to make it cross laced but it should also usee 202 mm spokes because both fly rims have the same distance from hub flange to spoke hole due to the rear being cross lace and having a higher profile wile the front is shorter and center laced its an equal curve across were the spoke should go

Thank You SOO Much

|

5/5/2011 4:45 PM

bobPA wrote:

Hahaha I bet but I'll see and anyone own the front? I kind-of want to get a Tree To Fly Wheelset... What Do you Think?

|

5/7/2011 2:21 PM

bobPA wrote:

Hahaha I bet but I'll see and anyone own the front? I kind-of want to get a Tree To Fly Wheelset... What Do you Think?

ive got a tree to fly wheelset but mine are with fly rears. by far the coolest wheelset on the planet no matter which fly you use nothing looks anything like it

|