Tree Coaster

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2016 2:37 PM

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but seems Tree is finally aboard the free coaster train.

I'd just yawn at it if it were almost any other company since you know it's just gonna be a rebranded KHE, but being Tree it makes me speculate that there's more to it. Not a free coaster fan or user myself but I am curious to see the internals.

Thoughts/discuss? Also lol at the comments

|

1/29/2016 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2016 2:47 PM

Interesting.

I'd bet KHE guts, looks about the sizing and such. MAYBE a weird engagement setup like how the Clutch is reasonably similar to KHE with some refinements.

Surprised it isn't straight pull, although the spoke holes are not uniform location...THAT'S interesting.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/29/2016 2:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Interesting.

I'd bet KHE guts, looks about the sizing and such. MAYBE a weird engagement setup like how the Clutch is reasonably similar to KHE with some refinements.

Surprised it isn't straight pull, although the spoke holes are not uniform location...THAT'S interesting.

Oh shit! How did I miss the offset spoke holes haha that is interesting.

But yeah I'd assume some kind of refinements are involved since it's Tree.

|

1/29/2016 3:29 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Interesting.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

seems like it would be difficult to lace this hub lol

|

1/29/2016 3:36 PM

Actually maybe it has something to do with the number of crosses when lacing it.

Normally you'd lace a 36h wheel 3x, but you can also lace them 4x but by then the spokes on one side start to overlap the heads of the spokes on the other side, so it's not ideal.

Tree's other hubs are laced 5x, so maybe they did this offset thing to accommodate for that so they won't overlap each other, making it easier to lace.

|

1/29/2016 3:39 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Interesting.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Jason bmx 128 wrote:

seems like it would be difficult to lace this hub lol

My thoughts were all inward lacing to protect the spokes/make it easier for inward lacing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/29/2016 4:09 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Actually maybe it has something to do with the number of crosses when lacing it.

Normally you'd lace a 36h wheel 3x, but you can also lace them 4x but by then the spokes on one side start to overlap the heads of the spokes on the other side, so it's not ideal.

Tree's other hubs are laced 5x, so maybe they did this offset thing to accommodate for that so they won't overlap each other, making it easier to lace.

This, I think it has to do with using a 4X pattern

|

1/29/2016 6:38 PM

Tree and coaster just sounds weird together

|

1/29/2016 6:46 PM

Hm.. no. No no. no no no. NO.

I don't like it, looks to be a KHE style internal. I could care less about how it laces up. haha make the internals better than the odyssey clutch (somehow) and you'll get my money. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/29/2016 6:46 PM

Wonder if it's ergonomic as well

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/29/2016 7:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Wonder if it's ergonomic as well

This.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/30/2016 5:21 PM

This partly why I haven't built a solid coaster wheel yet. Seems every time I think about doing it, another company comes out with a new one. There are good ones out already, I know..but I like to have every possible option in front of me before buying. And I want something different & reliable.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/30/2016 5:25 PM

I've had a few beers , not that i care sober , but for all you tecknowledgy nerds, I bet i can go faster then all of you backwards on a demolition coaster 30 9 gearing with almost no slack

But hey stir up the hornets nest and spend more money , it's not riding skill that makes you a good rider it's what parts you have right guys ?

|

1/30/2016 6:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I've had a few beers , not that i care sober , but for all you tecknowledgy nerds, I bet i can go faster then all of you backwards on a demolition coaster 30 9 gearing with almost no slack

But hey stir up the hornets nest and spend more money , it's not riding skill that makes you a good rider it's what parts you have right guys ?

wat

|

1/30/2016 7:10 PM

BNC wrote:

Tree and coaster just sounds weird together

I think the name writes itself "Treecoaster freecoaster"

|

1/31/2016 6:54 AM

Should be straight pull

|

fack off

1/31/2016 10:11 AM

Lol I'm the one in the screenshot asking if it has KHE internals

|

2/2/2016 12:54 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

wat

This. The fuck is he chatting on about hahaahha.

I cant imagine Tree just doing a bog standard coaster internals wise, but it does look like itll be khe styled atleast

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/7/2016 9:03 AM

Volume is coming out with a freecoster

|

2/7/2016 9:42 AM

Lupton8276 wrote:

Hey look it's a volume troll

volume is not coming out with a freecoaster because demolition volumes part company already has one

|

2/8/2016 6:36 AM

Lupton8276 wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Hey look it's a volume troll

volume is not coming out with a freecoaster because demolition volumes part company already has one

This.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura