Tree FC Prototype????

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2013 8:43 PM

Just spotted this on fb. Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/29/2013 8:49 PM

They told me its not a tree but I don't recognize this hub. Ive never seen a female axle not-KHE-clone FC before.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/29/2013 8:51 PM

if it really was the tree, i would expect it to use their straight pull spokes right? cant remember if the proto at interbike was straight pull...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/29/2013 8:56 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

if it really was the tree, i would expect it to use their straight pull spokes right? cant remember if the proto at interbike ...more

I would imagine for prototype purposes they wouldn't use straight pull. Seems like alot of work for a prototype. Ofcourse they would do it when they go into production.

|

11/29/2013 9:03 PM

maybe its the demolition one? or not a coaster at all?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/29/2013 9:06 PM

Nahh. He wouldn't just post a random cassette and say its a fc. And the demolition is a KHE clone. Its a bit slimmer but not like this

|

11/29/2013 9:10 PM

I think its a "dartmoor" freecoaster. Did a bit of research and it looks like one.

|

11/29/2013 9:13 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I think its a "dartmoor" freecoaster. Did a bit of research and it looks like one.

Came back here to post this exact thing. Looks like it, but can't tell for sure with the guards on and that's the only picture I could find

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

11/29/2013 9:18 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Came back here to post this exact thing. Looks like it, but can't tell for sure with the guards on and that's the only picture ...more

Yeah thats the only one I could find aswell. Its probably this. They deny it being a tree coaster. Though who knows. I think tree will do what kink did coaster-wise before theyll drop a whole new hub. Though this really did raise my attention a bit.

|

11/29/2013 9:25 PM

good job !
i think that is the coaster, dont know why he would say it is the tree coaster though

|

11/29/2013 9:28 PM

He never mentioned it was a Tree freecoaster. He just said thanks to the owner for giving him one.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/29/2013 9:28 PM

He didn't. He was thanking tree for giving him the coaster. Raised my suspicion of it being a tree coaster. I had never seen the dartmoor before.

|

12/16/2013 5:31 PM

Looks like weve got another suspicion raiser.Photo

|

12/16/2013 5:36 PM

I went to his IG and found this aswell. Ironic how its the same one Brenden got from Tree Bicycle Co aswell and he tagged it "treecoaster"Photo

|

12/16/2013 5:37 PM

but its not the straight spokes!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/16/2013 5:43 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

but its not the straight spokes!

Its a prototype!

|

12/16/2013 5:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2013 6:01 PM

Yeah I'm hoping that Hub Shell / Axle Set Up is just so they can dial in the Driver/Coaster Mechanism! I will be HIGHLY Disappointed if it doesn't come with AT LEAST Their 14mm Female Axle!! The Straight Pull Shell is what makes the Tree Hubs Unique BUT There are NO Legit Female Axle'd Freecoasters & the Tree Axle is pretty Unique! VERY Good Bearings & They have a weird compression thing on them so You can literally Clamp the living shit out of the Axle & it wont strip out or crush the Bearings!

I'd be SUPER Sad if there was No LEGIT Female Axle & a Little Bit Saddened if there wasn't a Straight Pull Hub Shell! Hopefully they will keep us updated! I mean look at Kink! They're literally offering a little upgrade kit to convert their Cassette into a Freecoaster!! Why not do that Tree? Buy Your SHIT HOT Cassette & then just switch a couple of Driver Parts out to make it a Freecoaster Hub?!

I wonder what the Kink Upgrade would be compatible with?! Maybe if the Tree'Coaster is less than impressive, You could just put the Kink Upgrade in their Cassette & just enjoy Riding that?!

|

12/16/2013 6:06 PM

Topsey wrote:

Yeah I'm hoping that Hub Shell / Axle Set Up is just so they can dial in the Driver/Coaster Mechanism! I will be HIGHLY ...more

The first pic I posted looks like 14mm female

|

12/16/2013 6:14 PM

im gonna puke if another company makes a freecoaster

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/16/2013 6:30 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Éclat.. Apparently the éclat blind has a very solid design. The owner of McNeil saw the design and was like fuck it where not making a free coaster then design is basic but it works.. Then their is the profile which is a cassette but a free coaster and then their is tree idk how it'll be better then the profile or the éclat

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/16/2013 6:49 PM

Tree does have a freecoaster proto. Sam told me about it last month. It runs the straight pull. He said it will be like the kink incite but you can buy just the freecoaster. unlike the incite where you have to buy the cassette and then buy the driver upgrade.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/16/2013 6:56 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Éclat.. Apparently the éclat blind has a very solid design. The owner of McNeil saw the design and was like fuck it where not ...more

This. Macneil was going to make a freecoaster but after the owner/manager saw the build of the Eclat blind coaster he said its so good they won't build one.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2013 7:59 PM

14mm Female/Straightpull, Tree coaster would literally be perfect.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/17/2013 9:16 AM

To me it looks like an Ezra.

At least a clone of their design. But who knows?

Could be a generic shell while they work to getting things dialed in?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/17/2013 10:31 AM

Photo
|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/17/2013 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2013 6:07 PM

I have a revenge prototype. It's 3/8 female and has a needle bearing in the driver.. This one is different than the one on the chad johnston bikecheck
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/17/2013 6:05 PM

I think it'd be cool to mess around with some tricks and film some tricks but I don't see myself switching to a coaster anytime soon.......I think 30 to 9 gearing would wear quick on a coaster

|

12/17/2013 6:30 PM

Howd you get that hub billy?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/17/2013 9:56 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Howd you get that hub billy?

s&m sold some of them at the warehouse sale.

|

12/17/2013 11:09 PM

GUYS. This IS the tree coaster. I spoke with Sam in June and threw some Ideas at him. He said that one was in the works, but had not been worked with much but that there was going to be a prototype towards the end of the year. I know Sam, he just wants it kept under wraps.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook