Tree Okan vs. S&M Widemouth forks

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2015 3:51 AM

I'm getting a new setup in the next month and wondering if anyone who is riding either of these forks could tell me pros and cons of each product ( product reviews kinda helped). Regardless of whether they are Taiwanese or American-made, I've ridden both companies' products and had my ups and downs. Just looking for some insight to aid in my decision. Thanks, ride your heart out!

|

Check my bikecheck
Eat shit or die tryin', yo!

1/17/2015 4:05 AM

Tree Forks cons - NONE!

I have them! Haven't seen the widemouths in person but I'm sure tree won the game in tire clearance. Both are good brands,it really comes down to you favorite brand and what's the specs are.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

1/17/2015 6:54 AM

Tree for the win

s&m isn't that great of a brand

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/17/2015 6:56 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Tree for the win

s&m isn't that great of a brand

This. Seen lotsa broken frames and sloppy welds on SandM stuff. Tree FTW.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/17/2015 9:39 AM

Im a Tree guy through and through and I want to see more tree forks out but honestly why not odyssey? Nothing bad has ever been said about their forks.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

1/17/2015 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2015 10:20 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Im a Tree guy through and through and I want to see more tree forks out but honestly why not odyssey? Nothing bad has ever ...more

Thanks, everyone! I actually considered Odyssey R32s for my new ride. I'm ordering through our local bike shop...just trying to go through one distributor, though. I've been looking into others, I'm just really picky, haha. But, I think I'm gonna go with the Tree's.

|

Check my bikecheck

1/17/2015 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2015 11:40 AM

Here's a photo of the two side by side.

Photo

The Tree Forks come in two different offsets which is cool. They both weigh about the same too.

Clearance wise, the Widemouths have no problem with the S&M 2.4 Speedballs (that inflate to 2.5), and the Tree forks look like they have even more clearance so you're good either way.

I'd get which ever ones you're most stoked on.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/17/2015 4:55 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Here's a photo of the two side by side.

Photo

The Tree Forks come in two different offsets which is cool. They both weigh about ...more

Thanks! That actually helps a lot. My gut is telling me to go with the Tree's. If they make forks like they make frames, I know I'll be happy. Rode a Lil Buddy for 2 years and it stood up to my abuse. Just wanted to hang it up before I totally destroy it. The only thing that I have against the Tree's is the cut out for pegs, as I ride pegless 99% of the time. But, I can get over it. Thanks, everyone! Lots of help. Ride on.

|

Check my bikecheck

1/17/2015 6:50 PM

Hey Waldo , don't you live in Vancouver ? If so , you fucking shred. I've seen you ride with Wade at Chucks a long time ago. And personally Widemouths seem better for the clearance and it's S&M so you know it's reliable.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/17/2015 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2015 10:17 PM

My one bike has 10 year old pitchfork xlts and my other bike has fast pitch forks and I love them both , I'd suggest s&m forks anyday , but I have never rode a tree part or fork and their stuff looks solid to , can't go wrong either way

|

1/18/2015 10:12 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Hey Waldo , don't you live in Vancouver ? If so , you fucking shred. I've seen you ride with Wade at Chucks a long time ago. ...more

Yeah, I used to live in North Van. I'm back home in Northern BC, now. Riding with Travis Fontaine and the Rider's Union crew when I can. The scene is solid. I've got some time to decide on parts, I'm kinda going with a theme on the new steed. I've ordered a custom frame from FBM, just waiting on that.

|

Check my bikecheck

1/18/2015 10:32 AM

Hey Waldo , don't you live in Vancouver ? If so , you fucking shred. I've seen you ride with Wade at Chucks a long time ago. ...more

Tree forks have massive clearance, could easily fit a 2.6/2.7 and bigger tire if it was ever made.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

1/18/2015 9:01 PM

WaldoBMX wrote:

Yeah, I used to live in North Van. I'm back home in Northern BC, now. Riding with Travis Fontaine and the Rider's Union crew ...more

Hope everything's good for you. Alot of the younger / newer riders like me looked up to you and everyone else . I remember everyone at the Guildford Bowl for youthfest , and that jam was one of the best moments I've had on a bike , the vibe with everyone was perfect. Are you going to come back at all ?

And again, I'd still say S&M forks.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/18/2015 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2015 12:54 AM

Hope everything's good for you. Alot of the younger / newer riders like me looked up to you and everyone else . I remember ...more

Haha, yeah...things are great. Got a family, house and a job, so no complaints. Wish I could ride more, but such is life in the Great White North. I go down to Van for work every once in a while, but rarely take my bike 'cause I'm usually pretty busy whilst there. But, next time I'm down, I'll let you know. We'll go for a cruise. I'm missing the ol' bowls.

And I'm still kinda leaning towards the Trees, haha. You'll see when I post my bike check.

|

Check my bikecheck