Tree hub with Shadow driver

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2013 2:08 PM

I know I saw this somewhere, someone had this. Was wondering what benefits came from this.. I think a Raptor drivers was used but would a btr driver be compatible? Drivers are most likely the same size but Id have to look into it.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/15/2013 2:09 PM

the btr is a 17mm axle. it probably was a btr

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/15/2013 2:15 PM

tomdon wrote:

the btr is a 17mm axle. it probably was a btr

I just looked and noticed that. Just curious as to what the benefits of this are, if there is any. BTR is 4 springs/pawls while the Tree is 3 pawls/single spring.

Could this mean better engagement giving slightly less slack >>

Im curious.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/15/2013 3:13 PM

Yeah the 4 Pawl/Spring set up would give better engagement & less slack.
I've heard loads of rumours about Tree hubs like the Axle set up can be used in an Animal Javelin Hub. Empire confirmed for me that without extensive modification to the inside of the Hub shell it would not happen
However.... The Shadow BTR uses the same sized inner axle as the Tree Hub & it all depends on the width of the driver. IF it fits it would be fucking sweet. A Tree with better engagement would be one of the best Hubs on the market without doubt!

|

8/15/2013 4:38 PM

I know its been done with an eclat driver but it has to go through machining and other mods...I just tried it with BSD driver, while it could work but its not as wide as the Tree driver..so thats out of it.

Im intrigued on this btr driver in a tree hub..Im going to look into it, contact some people and see if its possible. I'll let you all know what happens.

|

REFS-

8/15/2013 6:05 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

I know its been done with an eclat driver but it has to go through machining and other mods...I just tried it with BSD driver, while it could work but its not as wide as the Tree driver..so thats out of it.

Im intrigued on this btr driver in a tree hub..Im going to look into it, contact some people and see if its possible. I'll let you all know what happens.

try adding a spacer to the back it "might" work better

|

text meh 760 five nine5 59eight six

8/15/2013 6:38 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

jmez123 wrote:

try adding a spacer to the back it "might" work better

Ive thought the same but my idea was to use a 4 pawl instead of 3. It was just an idea out of curiosity. I spoke with Empire, here's what was stated "drivers not compatible. the BTR is way bigger and won't even go into the tree hub". If I should ever come across a compatible driver which can be changed easily, Ill post back.

|

REFS-