"Trends" in BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2014 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2014 11:16 AM

Lately I've been hearing a lot about the whole Oil Slick/Rainbow color scheme thing and how it's just a stupid trend, and while I personally won't be buying anything in that color (because it wouldn't match my current paint scheme), I don't get how people say it's just a trend. People aren't buying Oil Slick/Rainbow parts just because everyone else is doing it, they're doing it because they think it looks cool, no? Deny it as much as you want, but at the end of the day we all want our bike to look cool, even if it means going for the 2nd best part.

|

11/7/2014 11:47 AM

It's probably because it's now associated with Park rats and park rat companies (colony etc). It was cool for a couple weeks when odyssey did just the stem and hubs in a limited run. Now it's not. Personally I think it looks fine if it's just stem and hubs only. Anything more looks stupid imo

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/7/2014 11:54 AM

I think there are a lot buying it because it is the "cool thing" right now, and not necessarily because they like it.

Black bikes were HUGELY popular for years, and then more colorful stuff came out (Thanks to Brands like Sunday, Odyssey and others of course).

This one is more so because it is so new still. Give it time and people won't really care.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/7/2014 3:05 PM

I wouldn't buy an inferior part for looks.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/7/2014 3:19 PM

All I know is that my bike's awesome
And has nothing but legit parts on it
Im happy... real wheel could roll a bit longer and faster haha

Oil slick is ugly

Always buy good stuff never for color that is RETARDED

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/7/2014 8:32 PM

Function over fashion everytime

|

11/7/2014 8:38 PM

It looks good. Just overhyped. Maybe a hubset or a stem at most , the whole bike is lame.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short