"Trendy" Tricks

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2013 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 10:50 AM

Like all things, I've noticed that some tricks become more popular than others during certain periods of time.

For example, the tuck no hander was super popular a few years back and has seemed to die down a little.

What tricks can you guys think of that are either "trendy" now or have been in the past?

Some that come to my mind right now are the crank arm grind and downside whip (now), and maybe the luc-e grind around the same time as the tuck no.

|

12/3/2013 10:52 AM

Bars and whips. nuff said...

|

Bruh

12/3/2013 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 10:54 AM

Bars and Whips have been trendy for years. And IMO definitely a trend, I don't see why they any more important than other tricks.

Crankflips are also really popular at the moment.

Other than that I can't really think of anything but I definitely agree with the Tuck NO being super popular before and Crankarms being popular now.

|

12/3/2013 11:05 AM

Tucks are still big in my area. Bars and whips. Crank arm grinds too. I saw 3 kids trying them for a solid hour on one rail the other night at a park.

Funny thing, I did them like 7 years ago at a local park and got made fun of. Now I get harassed for not wanting to do them anymore.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2013 11:06 AM

Footjam tricks

|

12/3/2013 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 11:26 AM

I've never got the whole tuck no hander thing, they're fucking ugly, people look like dicks doing em, especially if its small like off a curb or whatever, if your doing a no hander, suicide that shit, its the only way.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/3/2013 11:28 AM

Gotta throw the tucks up ...... They look silly thrown down, I agree suicides are much cooler

|

12/3/2013 12:28 PM

Every grind and bars.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/3/2013 12:29 PM

nose tricks have been gaining popularity
i see full cabs alot too

|

12/3/2013 12:43 PM

nose manuals and barspins

|

12/3/2013 12:47 PM

barspins, truck drivers, tailwhips too but i love seeing tailwhips so i dont really care.

|

12/3/2013 1:31 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Gotta throw the tucks up ...... They look silly thrown down, I agree suicides are much cooler

Out to the side, condor style. NO OTHER WAYS.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2013 1:40 PM

ET's and toothpicks

|

12/3/2013 3:11 PM

Crankflips are coming back. but ETs are dead. I love throwing them into lines. but people say there gay.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/3/2013 3:31 PM

eskimojay wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Out to the side, condor style. NO OTHER WAYS.

this

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/3/2013 3:32 PM

Crankflips = gay
Gay = crankflips

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/3/2013 3:48 PM

I like trick trends. haha crankflips arent hard, and are pretty easy, even tho i hate doing and or trying them. Shit i got a few the other night and then got busted in the shins and i hate life now. haha I think that crank arm grinds are trendy for good reason. If you have ever done one, you would know they are the funnest trick ever. haha They can reak havoc on your downtube when learning but they are fun. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/3/2013 4:54 PM

Barspins in every single line , tailwhips too.

Other than those , TBOGS are pretty big and alot of half cab tricks. OH and nose manual variations

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/3/2013 5:23 PM

Crankslides and crankflips are definitely trendy starting this year. And more and more 4 pegs, and the gay thing, freecoasters. I mean, respect to those who use them and don't brag and all that. I mean, nowadays, the rich kids that start off want everything Cult so they go get a Cult Leader or something with tan tires and they go and get the complete freecoaster wheels. I mean, c'mon!!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/3/2013 5:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 5:53 PM

grinds. seems like all people do nowadays is grind foot high ledges and handrails. grinding is cool..but if you make an entire edit of grinds, that shit gets lame as fuck.
bars, whips are stupid as fuck. (unless your chase d or some steezey mofo)
manuals and nose manuals are fucking stupid too. i hate seeing some dude manualling across a platform, it's exactly like seeing someone just cruisin the streets, except you're humping your fucking bike

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/4/2013 2:45 AM

crazyclark wrote:

grinds. seems like all people do nowadays is grind foot high ledges and handrails. grinding is cool..but if you make an entire edit of grinds, that shit gets lame as fuck.
bars, whips are stupid as fuck. (unless your chase d or some steezey mofo)
manuals and nose manuals are fucking stupid too. i hate seeing some dude manualling across a platform, it's exactly like seeing someone just cruisin the streets, except you're humping your fucking bike

nowadays, 720 to smith are pretty popular as well, same with hop 2.5 bars

|

12/4/2013 4:41 AM

I like to think my tricks are pretty original to some point. Obviously not all of them but quite a few.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/4/2013 6:23 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

nowadays, 720 to smith are pretty popular as well, same with hop 2.5 bars

I see what you did there.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2013 7:30 AM

Suicide no handlers have got huge in the last couple months and so have foot plant tricks

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/4/2013 8:49 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Suicide no handlers have got huge in the last couple months and so have foot plant tricks

Suicide no handers were popular back in the early 00s.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2013 8:54 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I like trick trends. haha crankflips arent hard, and are pretty easy, even tho i hate doing and or trying them. Shit i got a few the other night and then got busted in the shins and i hate life now. haha I think that crank arm grinds are trendy for good reason. If you have ever done one, you would know they are the funnest trick ever. haha They can reak havoc on your downtube when learning but they are fun. haha

I've got a wave down tube, I'm good to start learning them hahah

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/4/2013 12:13 PM

About a month ago, this was what the how-to thread looked like.

Photo

Not only does everyone want to learn bars, but it seems as though everyone is too damn lazy to read the other 20 thousand "barspin help" posts. Barspins are getting trendy and the youth is getting dumb.

|

12/4/2013 2:25 PM

Definitely crank arm grinds, crank flips, over-tooths, 180 downside whips, suicide no-handers, and even the backwards ice have all been gaining popularity lately.

As for barspins and tailwhips, I see those more as "staple" tricks that will never go away or be "trendy", like the bunny hop, 180, or 360.

|

12/4/2013 2:56 PM

So no one has seen the best Barspin tutorial EVER.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2013 3:04 PM

@deadsailoir - the howto is always crammed to shit full of barspin threads. T-bogs, stuff in fakie due to the rise of fcs, fakie ices, double bar shit instead of single, ive been seeing more 540s inedits recently. cranks spins ever since simone came along, and adam22s tut probably helped the trend... fuck knows, loadsa shit

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)