Tricks you given up on ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2018 5:13 PM

Went to try tailwhips yesterday , I can kick the bike around and keep it underneath me fairly consistently. But I’m goofy footed , so my regular tailwhips are switch . After trying them for a while , having to try and get my foot I “kicked” with back below me and then over the bike to pedals just baffles my mind , I was pretty extended with my kick so I had zero chance of even getting close to getting back over . So I might say fuck it and just learn other stuff LOL

Any tricks you’ve threw the towel on ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/9/2018 5:17 PM

Hop whips are annoying as all shit right now. I had them dialed like two years ago before I quit. I could land like 3 or 4/5 but just lost them. I can get over it everytime but can't seem to find pedals. That's my goal for the summer.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/9/2018 5:37 PM

Hop 3s lol, I can do hop 3 taps, just the whole 360 is scary to me honestly... and fullcbas... would like to get both of those dialed before winter...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/9/2018 8:39 PM

Barspins, they just aren’t for me. Most tricks actually haha.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/9/2018 9:28 PM

fucking turndowns. no amount of explanation or tutorials will help, I just can't figure them out and gave up on them.

|

7/9/2018 10:13 PM

Bars, Whips, and hop 3's without a slight pivot aka all the tricks you need to be able to do since 2007. LOL. I use to be able to do bars when I could pinch my knees to the seat but now, fuck that.

I had footplant whips when I was a kid but hop whips are a no go for me. I can get it around but can't get my legs back over.

And I can't bring myself to hump my bars for the 3's. I did it once and nose dived. I rather just Nate Wessel my 3's.

|

7/9/2018 10:51 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

fucking turndowns. no amount of explanation or tutorials will help, I just can't figure them out and gave up on them.

My buddy didn’t touch a bike in 3 years and within 2 hours he got them pretty clicked like a foot off the ground too . What the fuck right ?

Also as mentioned footjam tailwhips . They’re switch for me too , but I just don’t really care for them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/9/2018 11:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2018 11:46 PM

I have been toying with barspins recently. In the end, Dont feel its worth it to me. My wrists hurt constantly nowadays for whatever reason/reasons and If I break/jam a finger I wont be able to deliver mail efficiently, I am a letter carrier for the USPS.

Never have motivation to learn whips since I fear getting tangled up in the bike. Havent attempted anything but footjam whips (got pretty close).

I was pretty dedicated to learning extended manuals for a good while. Hours of straight practice but I jacked my leg up trying them from looping out many times and realized even If I successfully pull manuals it hurts my left knee from having to keep it bent for that long. I can do them across box jumps and plain short ones; hop out of them and hop up small stuff.

Anyway, those are mine for now, who knows what confidence and time will bring, though.

|

7/10/2018 2:12 AM

Very close to giving up on manny 180's. That's seriously my nemesis trick. I love them, but just can't get them consistent. The only time I pull them is when I manual something (like a manny pad or island in a car park) and just decide to do it last minute. The second I think about trying one, it just doesn't work. But I'd love to get them dialled.

Hop whips are something I've never really tried. I play with them occasionally and get the bike round. But it's one of those tricks I've never been that bothered about.

I haven't done a barspin properly for over 10 years. Used to have em consistently. Then quit for a bit and never got them back. I haven't even tried one for 6 years or so.

|

7/10/2018 2:53 AM

Pretty much all tricks that involve letting go of the bike in some form laughing laughing laughing unless I pad up properly.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/10/2018 2:58 AM

Tailwhips and Barspins I've been trying them for years and have only ever managed to land 3 tailwhip fly outs!

|

7/10/2018 3:00 AM

Basically the general consensus is that our old asses need long seat posts again so we can do bars. LOL. Gotta ask Montana Ricky where he got his from.

|

7/10/2018 3:46 AM

Hang 5s are on and off but never great for me

|

Hmmm

7/11/2018 1:04 AM

Tuck no handers for me weirdly. I can do plenty of other no handed tricks but I can never get my head around tucks. Bike is vertical, knees pinching the tyre, just will not stay put when I take my hands off.

|

7/11/2018 1:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2018 1:52 AM

Handrails and street in general , if I’m not feeling scared and going Mach speed out of my comfort zone and launching up in the air I feel it’s not worth my while , I’ve already thrashed my body riding street and it wasn’t over anything memorable , I’m old and jumping to flat in the streets like a 16 year old isn’t something I’m going to remember

|

7/11/2018 6:42 AM

riding

|

It’s all bmx

7/11/2018 7:09 AM

I never give up. I just postpone.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/11/2018 7:21 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I never give up. I just postpone.

i'm just taking a beer break guys!

|

It’s all bmx

7/11/2018 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2018 10:47 AM

I've given up on my dream to do a legit flip. 2nd kid will be here in a couple weeks, I ride maybe 2-3 times a month aside from jibbing with my son. Not able to put a lot of work into it. I'm sure if I could get a few sessions in at a foam pit and resi I could nail it though.

Whips are on the comeback, trucks would be swell to get back too.

Honestly, as I get older I like cruising more. It is nice to dust off some old moves here and there though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/11/2018 11:53 AM

Nose manuals.

I can only do them like 2 feet, at which by then it's just a matter of how fast I'm going before lifting the rear. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/11/2018 12:13 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Nose manuals.

I can only do them like 2 feet, at which by then it's just a matter of how fast I'm going before lifting the rear. XD

Your nose manuals on scoots are totally bonkers though that's for sure

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/11/2018 1:27 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Your nose manuals on scoots are totally bonkers though that's for sure

Thanks, lol! If only BMX were as easy. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/11/2018 1:49 PM

I've given up on the England football team.

|

7/11/2018 1:59 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Nose manuals.

front brakes help nose manuals

|

It’s all bmx

7/11/2018 2:27 PM

jbales wrote:

Unlike you I never had hope, at least now there won't be hordes of twats at work screaming at the TV.

|

Hmmm

7/11/2018 2:35 PM

jbales wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Unlike you I never had hope, at least now there won't be hordes of twats at work screaming at the TV.

Tell me about it. I live within throwing distance from a pub.

|

7/11/2018 9:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

that trick has been the sole trick to never leave me haha, that and tabletops. someday it'll just hit you, i was doing them wrong for literally years. i can tabletop anything and make any 15 year old who watches bmx vlogs stfu after they see the magic. also ridiculous hops, i can not ride for a year and hop a garbage can haha, me and a long time buddy were hopping cans after this kid was just SHREDDING the park, and though he could do alleyoop airs high af on the qp, he could not handle the mystical garbage can

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/12/2018 1:36 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I can tell you the honest reason why 95% fail or take forever to learn them.

1- Have tabletops dialed. And really learn to open the gap between the knee on the bottom and the frame. While staying relaxed.

2- Get X-Ups dialed pretty good again with the knees far away from the frame. Note- Tbogs work too.

3- If you have both then you should need only 1 thing to get a turndown first try...faith that you will pull it and remember to get the bike either level or more vertical on takeoff.

Then... SEND IT!!! If you did the 3 things above I will be shocked if you don’t have they damn good in 4-5 trys.

|

7/12/2018 1:43 AM

NEVER GIVE UP ON A TRICK!!!

Yes some take awhile to learn. Some don’t and sometimes someone learns it faster or slower than others. But never give up on it. Anybody who can manual more than 4 parking spots at a slow speed know they didn’t learn that by giving up. Anyone can manual 30-ish feet going pretty fast try it at a 2 crank from dead stop. But it’s simple once you get the balance point and technique dialed.

I have only given up once in BMX and that was big doubles 25ft 6ft lip and landing. After I broke my wrist and then right after I twisted my knee twice. But now I came back and overcame the worries about them and now enjoy stuff that size or bigger

|

7/13/2018 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2018 9:58 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lay on your back and hold your bike up and crank into em. Helps learn the motions.

It's a big kickout toward your back foot (usually) and then turn your upper body towards it and keep your arms reasonably straight.

I'm not great at them, but I can kinda do em where the bars are cranked backwards-so it counts. Just not a Doyle level one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura