Tricks you have never got down pack in your time riding

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2019 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2019 7:51 PM

For me, it's wheelies. I see 10 year old kids with sandals on riding a next that can do better wheelies than me.
I am shit at manuals, but can do them well in short burst. Wheelies, I seriously cannot do. I chipped my tailbone in about 2012 doing one, and I think it's botched anything revolving around being up on my back wheel. Afraid to commit-itus or something.

In all my time of grinding out learning a trick, you'd think I'd have picked up the skills for a smooth wheely. But nope. I've gotten to the point where I take my right foot off, and hang it back for manuals now instead of a conventional one. Something you'd see from a flatland rider really. Those, I can do for a while. Even being significantly more difficult because you have to hold the bars straight.

What're you're guys experiences? Basically a trick you SHOULD be able to do, but for whatever reason it just doesn't click.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/4/2019 8:07 PM

Barspins. I've done a few here and there but most of the time I just can't throw them(haven't thrown one in 3 years)

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/4/2019 8:10 PM

Manuals and ive never even attempted a crankarm grind. I was actually thinking about that one today. I gotta include that one

|

4/4/2019 8:16 PM

turndowns.

no matter how many people show me how to do them, how-to's I watch, tips I read, and the inevitable person who's going to reply to this and give me input as well... I just can't seem to execute a turndown. the knowledge is there, I just can't do them even all these years later.

|

4/4/2019 8:17 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Manuals and ive never even attempted a crankarm grind. I was actually thinking about that one today. I gotta include that one

Crankarms aren't that bad: Just start by chinking the end of a rail and then try for longer and longer.

Manuals, they're fun, but the best rider I know can't manual very well at all; they're not for everyone

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/4/2019 9:51 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Crankarms aren't that bad: Just start by chinking the end of a rail and then try for longer and longer.

Manuals, they're fun, but the best rider I know can't manual very well at all; they're not for everyone

Word. Yeah idk why I never tried them. When I’m at the spot or just never occured to me “crankarm that bih” so its gone ignored.

Ughh i dont understand why I suck at them. I can manual on a board near infinitely. Sometimes i’ll even grab poles and pull myself to speed up again and continue it. I really want them as a trick. I’m hoping that one day they just click. Till then, i cry

|

4/5/2019 6:01 AM

Hop 3s are definitely a trick I should have more consistent. I literally would practice that trick every fuckin day. Maybe this summer I'll try harder and get some really nice ones.

Also barspins, I've thrown them before and know I can do them, but I just can't. Also maybe I'll try those harder this year too.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/5/2019 7:46 AM

Nose manuals, hang anythings, just anything that involves balancing on your front wheel while moving. Has always scared the living shit out of me, its just so sketchy and I could never get the hang of bailing by jumping over the bars. Every time I try it I bust ass hard so I've just decided that I will never ever do those tricks and its fine with me

|

4/5/2019 7:53 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Nose manuals, hang anythings, just anything that involves balancing on your front wheel while moving. Has always scared the living shit out of me, its just so sketchy and I could never get the hang of bailing by jumping over the bars. Every time I try it I bust ass hard so I've just decided that I will never ever do those tricks and its fine with me

This, though endos are really helping me get more comfortable with my chest over the bars.

I threw my shoulder out last saturday flipping OTB, but I wasn't really expecting it. Leaned too far forward coming off a wall tap.

I'm going to make a hang-five practice machine this weekend to help with that stuff. I have a spare fork, wheel, stem, and set of bars.

I'll let you know if it helps!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/5/2019 9:34 AM

Airs. Freaking Airs. I hate them. I can't do them. i wish they were never born.

|

4/5/2019 11:42 AM

270's on hips. I can hop 360 flat majority of the time, but for some reason spinning less on a hip freaks me out.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

4/5/2019 12:05 PM

readybmxer wrote:

270's on hips. I can hop 360 flat majority of the time, but for some reason spinning less on a hip freaks me out.

They're a lot easier on steep hips

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

4/5/2019 12:21 PM

Manny 180’s.
Every now and then I’ll just do one. But every time I actually try one, they don’t work.

And more recently, anything that involves letting go. Toboggans used to be my favourite trick and I had them dialled, I used to be alright at bars too. But now I can’t get passed the mental block of letting go. But I also don’t care enough about them to spend a day relearning them.

|

4/5/2019 12:35 PM

180 barspins. I can do them but I throw the way I spin so my bike tilts a lot.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/5/2019 2:43 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Manny 180’s.
Every now and then I’ll just do one. But every time I actually try one, they don’t work.

And more recently, anything that involves letting go. Toboggans used to be my favourite trick and I had them dialled, I used to be alright at bars too. But now I can’t get passed the mental block of letting go. But I also don’t care enough about them to spend a day relearning them.

Duuuude manny 180's are the fucking worst. And the craziest thing is that the newer gen of tech riders can do them like its nothing. I'll never understand the technique to that move, its so incredibly awkward

|

4/5/2019 3:40 PM

Manuals.

|

4/6/2019 11:37 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Manny 180’s.

falloftroy20 wrote:

Duuuude manny 180's are the fucking worst. And the craziest thing is that the newer gen of tech riders can do them like its nothing. I'll never understand the technique to that move, its so incredibly awkward

I’ve unlocked the secret, just need a day of trying them. Don’t carve, and just swing your ass out. I was trying them the other day and got a few, in a line too! But I couldn’t get my head around the not carving part, it seems I picked up a bad habit I can’t shake.

|

4/7/2019 3:38 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

I can only hop up something into a nose manual, and they're short lol. Fuck nose-anythings as far as I'm concerned lol I got work to go to

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/8/2019 6:20 AM

Too many to list, but the main ones are:

Whips-had em for about 6 months to a year, lost when I hurt my back. I WILL have them again this spring/summer.

Barspins-Had em on lock, stopped doing them, struggle now.

Trucks-I chicken out on throwing-see above. Same with 180 bars.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/8/2019 3:21 PM

bunyhob

|

13 years old