Triflow for installing grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2016 4:29 AM

So I heard some guys use Triflow to put on their grips cause it's easier to position them after they're on then air is. Tell me what you use and if you use triflow tell me what the product name is please!

|

6/22/2016 4:40 AM

ive used it before its not bad but if you didnt know its called 'triflow'

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

6/22/2016 5:13 AM

WD40. Spray a light coat inside the grip and slide it on. It dries quick and your grip stays in place. This has been my method for 30 years.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

6/22/2016 5:53 AM

hairspray. you can ride after 30 secs while wd40 takes forever to dry

|

6/22/2016 6:53 AM

Rubbing alcohol

|

6/22/2016 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2016 7:07 AM

tiho wrote:

If WD40 is taking too long to dry then you are using way too much. I've never had it take longer than 30 seconds to dry and my grips feel like they're glued on afterwards. I'm not putting down other methods, just saying WD40 has worked flawlessly for me for many years.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

6/22/2016 9:05 AM

loosegrips wrote:

Rubbing alcohol

Thank for the reply but I feel like that would take a bit long to dry.

|

6/22/2016 9:07 AM

TKeck wrote:

WD40. Spray a light coat inside the grip and slide it on. It dries quick and your grip stays in place. This has been my method ...more

I'll try both WD40 and hairspray, thanks for the reply

|

6/22/2016 9:08 AM

tiho wrote:

I feel like hairspray would work as it's friggen sticky after drying but still slippery when wet

|

6/22/2016 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2016 1:22 PM

Hairspray works , but spray a bit more than you think . Also , gave some local kid a pair of grips , we didn't have anything to use so he bought a can of axe an I drowned his bars and grips with it and they slid on !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/22/2016 1:38 PM

GUYS! Use a few zip ties to slide your grips on. After they're on, simply just pull 'em out and you're ready to ride.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/22/2016 2:02 PM

If you have access to an air compressor, just blowing air under the grip is the fastest way to remove and install them.

|

6/22/2016 3:50 PM

Last set I installed I just spit in em a little. I wasn't riding that day so it was all good.

Rubbing alcohol works great and dries very quick-few mins usually. I don't touch ANYTHING that acts as a lubricant.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2016 4:08 PM

loosegrips wrote:

Rubbing alcohol

TacChatterson wrote:

Thank for the reply but I feel like that would take a bit long to dry.

Nah, it's quick & works perfectly, as will most of these other solutions as long as you don't use too much of the stuff.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

6/22/2016 5:22 PM

Lock on grips , slide right on then clamps to the bars so worth it

|

6/22/2016 7:28 PM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

GUYS! Use a few zip ties to slide your grips on. After they're on, simply just pull 'em out and you're ready to ride.

Whoa. I might try this next time

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

6/22/2016 7:29 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Lock on grips , slide right on then clamps to the bars so worth it

A bit more expensive though.

And if you round the allen screw for the lock ons, they're a pain to remove.

They'll never throttle if they're wet.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/22/2016 7:32 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Whoa. I might try this next time

This is the best way to do it for sure man

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/23/2016 7:17 PM

I used iso alcohol to install my grips. Pour some on a paper towel. Wipe the bars and pour some in the grip and shake. Pour out the excess and slip them on and adjust position. Super fast and you can ride within 5-10 minutes with no sticky mess. Also there is a tech to slipping them on. Jab the opposite bar your working on into your waist (might want to put a pad there to take the load) and pull towards you to get good leverage. So if I was installing the left grip I'd put the right bar end on my gut in a shoe and pull towards me. Work quick... no messing around or it'll dry.

|

6/23/2016 9:26 PM

Rubbing alcohol works great.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

6/24/2016 1:31 PM

tiho wrote:

This x100...

It dries tacky too so it acts as an adhesive

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

12/30/2016 7:08 AM

Windex works too, it evaporates about as fast as alcohol. Go caveman and just spit on them. Compressed air to get them off.

|

12/30/2016 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2016 7:55 AM

loosegrips wrote:

Rubbing alcohol

Ditto

[edit: ha, I had deja vu cause this is an older post. Not too old, but...]

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

1/1/2017 10:43 AM

I just do what I do when a girl wants it in her butt.
1. stick my finger in my mouth (or hers) so that it's covered in spit.
2. stick my spit covered finger into the hole and cover it with spit.
3. stick my bar in.
Presto!
on the real though, I've never had a problem with this. just wet the inside a dab, and slide them on. it dries within a minute and you can still move them around too to get them where you want.

Pretty much all you need is a product (liquids are preferable) that will create a film between the rubber and the surface of the bar to prevent the rubber from doing its rubbery thing to the bar. you don't need a lot of liquid to do this and preferably use a liquid that will evaporate/dry quickly. For me spit works just fine but all these other suggestions seem to work just as well and may be a lil more hygienic. Good luck.. you can also just use water, no need to spend money on some special product. It's really very simple.

|

1/1/2017 11:18 AM

I've always used wd40. It dries completely in 5-10 minutes, if you do it correctly, and they lock on perfectly. My grips never slip. Wd40 displaces moisture, and your grips will lock right on, and they are just as easy to remove with wd40. Don't use hairspray. You will never get them off, and it's sticky, and messy. Trust me once you try wd40, you won't use anything else. Unless you have an air compressor.

|

1/2/2017 8:05 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I've always used wd40. It dries completely in 5-10 minutes, if you do it correctly, and they lock on perfectly. My grips never ...more

Yeah I agree. Just a tiny squirt of WD-40. Just enough to be able to pull on the grip. Dries within a minute.
|