Trimming Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2013 7:25 PM

My bars are 29 wide. Too wide. I'm thinking about cutting them down, maybe to 27. I know I should use a pipe cutter, but how should I mark out the length I wanna cut? I don't think it will be that accurate if I use a marker. I was thinking maybe painter's tape? Who's trimmed their bars? What did you do?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

9/8/2013 7:39 PM

I used the edge of the pipe cutter...the tape should work fine

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/8/2013 7:56 PM

one of these

Photo

just measured how far I want off each side, marked it with a marker, stuck the end of my bars in the clamp then into a vice & took a hacksaw to the bars but made a small scratch to make sure it was where I wanted it, then cut it.

|

9/8/2013 8:25 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

one of these

Photo

just measured how far I want off each side, marked it with a marker, stuck the end of my bars in the clamp ...more

how much did that cost?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

9/8/2013 8:42 PM

I just use a hack saw and a C clamp to hold it down, that always worked fine for me.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/8/2013 9:49 PM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

how much did that cost?

Not sure, I used the one at the shop haha

|

9/9/2013 2:32 AM

I had a set of bar ends that went over the ends of the bars. I filled it out so it slid down the bar, marked and cut with a hack saw using the barend as a guide

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/9/2013 7:08 AM

i just took my grips off marked roughly with a tape measure and hacksawed away id advice doing it at small cuts as you may go straight for 27 and realise there quite short

|