Trying to help a friend

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2017 6:25 PM

So I convinced a buddy of mine to get a bike with me, he is dead set on a entry level Sunday, is it a big deal if the bike isn't full chromoly, he refuses to spend the same money on a mongoose l100, I already tried, he doesn't want to spend much of 300

|

11/8/2017 6:37 PM

Let him buy what he wants

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/8/2017 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2017 4:34 AM

Yep... Just let him but what he wants. He'll either quit riding & be looking to sell a hi tens bike for a loss or he'll wish he had spent the money on a full Chromoly frame later.

|

11/8/2017 6:57 PM

Honestly if he's a beginner than let hom go for it.. Sunday has an amazing quality control on their products so I'm sure there low end hi-ten bikes will be fine for a beginner rider like you friend...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/8/2017 6:57 PM

Yeah I guess your right, thought maybe if it was partial chromoly then it could be ok

|

11/8/2017 7:13 PM

Are you talking about the Sunday Blueprint? that bike compared to the L100 is a hunk of shit. The L100 comes with parts you don't usually start seeing on bikes until you start spending upwards of $500

If he's dead set on it, then nothing you can do really. Once things start failing on the Sunday sooner than the Mongoose and he's dishing out a fair bit of money that quickly (Assuming he doesn't just quit) he'll wish he'd have listened to you. Stuff on the Mongoose will fail eventually too obviously, but on paper it's a pretty good bike.

|

11/8/2017 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 9:00 PM

Holy shit...lol

Look at the parts list on this thing I will BOLD the things that suprised me.

Frame: 20" or 20.5" TT, Hi-Ten, Integrated 1-1/8" Headtube, AMERICAN BB (WTF)
Fork: 2PC Steerer Tube w/ Welded Pre-Load Bolt
Handlebar: OEM 9" Hi-Ten
Stem: 48mm Freeze Front Load
Headset: TRADITIONAL 1 1/8"
Headset Cap: Top Cap w/ Star Nut
Brake Lever: Odyssey Springfield
Brake: Odyssey Springfield
Brake Cable: Odyssey Quik Slic
Grips: Sunday Cornerstone
Seat: Sunday Cloud Seat and Post Combo
Seat Post: Integrated
Seat Clamp: Integrated
Sprocket: 25T STEEL
Cranks: 170mm tubular 3-piece, Chromoly
BB Parts: 19MM LOOSEBALL AMERICAN
Pedals: WELLGO
Rims: P-7X 20 x 36H
Front Hub: Low-Flange, LOOSEBALL, 36H
Rear Hub: SEMI-SEALED 9t Driver, 36H
Spokes: 14G Steel, Black
Tires: Sunday Current 20 x 2.4" (F & R)
Chain: KMC Z410 BUBU

TELL HIM TO BUY THE MONGOOSE!

|

11/8/2017 9:29 PM

If he's at least interested in riding, I'd say just let him be. Nothing much we can do now. Better to start on a "lesser" bike than not try BMX at all!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/8/2017 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 9:36 PM

readybmxer wrote:

If he's at least interested in riding, I'd say just let him be. Nothing much we can do now. Better to start on a "lesser" bike ...more

You know what some people come to realize when they ride for a while.

Things take money to fix and know how or who to get it fixed...

A cheap bike sometimes can be eye opening when after just one session you need some new cranks cause these cheap ones are bent or i need a new wheel cause i didnt know a stock bike sometimes doesnt come trued and tight. Lol

There will be less regret with the mongoose and is at the very least up to date with standards such as the headset and bottom bracket. Not to mention its cheaper and better quality tubes.

|

11/9/2017 4:36 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

You know what some people come to realize when they ride for a while.

Things take money to fix and know how or who to get it ...more

Yeah he should defiantly get the Mongoose... if I had to take a guess it would be just becasue it says Mongoose on it lol...

|

11/9/2017 7:50 AM

Pretty sure he's not going to be jumping off roofs, trying backfires, handrails, big gaps etc for a little while. It'll be fine, it's his money. He'll just have to live with sending a lot more if something breaks

|

11/9/2017 10:05 AM

I showed him the fit line up and he fell in love with the Dugan, and with the tape promo he can get like 40 bucks or on Albes, that's actually one of the bikes I was going to get before I decided on the whip

|

11/9/2017 10:11 AM

Anyone know a promo code for source by any chance?

|

11/9/2017 2:10 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

I showed him the fit line up and he fell in love with the Dugan, and with the tape promo he can get like 40 bucks or on Albes, ...more

Yeah the Fit Dugan would be way better than the low end Sunday...

|