Tube gue

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2016 10:38 PM

I ride bmx and I blow a tube every day it's terrible with tire gue work with pinch flats... at least I think its pinch flats it happens when I clip a stair when jumping up or just jumping high... how can I solve this with tube gue work or should I do something els

|

5/26/2016 10:52 PM

How much air pressure do you ride in your tires?

If it's low, that's your problem. Pump em up some more, at least to 40PSI and no more than whatever the max PSI rating says on the sidewalls of the tires.

tube "gue" as you put it, most likely won't work. Pinch flats are usually too large for the slime to reseal it. I've only ever seen that work with small things like thorns or glass.

|

5/26/2016 10:56 PM

I put 5 psi below the max

|

5/26/2016 10:58 PM

Where are the holes in the tube at usually?

|

5/26/2016 11:01 PM

I don't know I never check

|

5/26/2016 11:08 PM

Check that, if they're on the sides then it's either a pinch flat or damaged sidewalls

if they're on the outside of the tube, it's something you're running over like glass or thorns, maybe even a hole in the tire somewhere

if they're on the bottom, it's a spoke poking through a nipple, a nipple itself, or a sharp spot on your rim. check and make sure nothing's poking through there and double check if your rim strip is still good and covering everything. If you don't have a rim strip, get one

Also make sure you're installing the tube properly, crooked valve caps will break and cause flats. pinching the tube during installation will cause flats.

|

5/26/2016 11:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2016 11:45 PM

Don't hang up on things

|