Tubes?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2013 9:09 PM

I already know a noob has asked this a million times. But what tubes are worth a damn. Ive been killing tubes left and right. Ive had the dans trails ones and the "beefy" wal mart ones. I am running a 2,25 front that goes basically to a 2.4 and a 2.25 rear that stays close to a 2.25. HMU with any legit tubes or do they not exist.

|

9/30/2013 9:09 PM

btw... im not looking for a industructo-tube just a descent one....btw i weigh 250 :D

|

9/30/2013 9:12 PM

You're running rim tape right? And you've checked inside your rim to make sure you don't have any burrs or anything right?

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

9/30/2013 9:13 PM

I've had good luck with regular tubes but getting those tire liner things that go in between the tube and tire. I've ran straight through glass a couple times and still going strong. I also have them on my mountain bike and haven't got a flat yet. How much psi do you run that could be part of it.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/30/2013 9:15 PM

yeh dude. ive done like everything i could dream of. lol. Checked inside rim,inside tire and ever cut the inside of old tubes and used em as like a sock over new ones...
then bam pssssssssssssssss flat. after like 3-4 days

|

9/30/2013 9:16 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I've had good luck with regular tubes but getting those tire liner things that go in between the tube and tire. I've ran straight through glass a couple times and still going strong. I also have them on my mountain bike and haven't got a flat yet. How much psi do you run that could be part of it.

i run pretty rock hard in front and like enough to pinch in the rear. like mayber 80-85 psi. and i only get flats in the back. lol

|

9/30/2013 9:17 PM

plus ive been riding alot of park so i basically almost die when i have soft tires

|

9/30/2013 9:17 PM

most any tube is the same thing, just a different brand putting their name on it & selling it.

check for spokes popping out through the inside of the rim, sharp edges, anything in the tire that would cause a puncture, make sure there's no holes in the tires too, check and make sure the rim strip is still good.

When you get a flat, what is it usually? pinch? puncture?

|

9/30/2013 9:22 PM

ill get either a little eye lid looking one somewhere underneath or a hub like ..... rip down the side. lol

|

9/30/2013 9:23 PM

i didnt mean hub... lol

|

9/30/2013 9:25 PM

So its on the inside of the tube? where it touches the rim?

|

My Fit

9/30/2013 9:26 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

ill get either a little eye lid looking one somewhere underneath or a hub like ..... rip down the side. lol

yeah sounds like your rim strip isn't covering one of the holes. check that out.

as for the one on the side, that's likely a pinch flat cause by the tube being pinched in between the rim/ground from landing funny, most likely caused by casing something like if you hopped up a stair set & slammed your back wheel into the last step

|

9/30/2013 9:27 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

So its on the inside of the tube? where it touches the rim?

it was there before i but in a new rim strip... then i started seeing them on like the side wall.

|

9/30/2013 9:28 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah sounds like your rim strip isn't covering one of the holes. check that out.

as for the one on the side, that's likely a pinch flat cause by the tube being pinched in between the rim/ground from landing funny, most likely caused by casing something like if you hopped up a stair set & slammed your back wheel into the last step

but i dont know how to cover it more. lol i have a season rim strip that covers form wall to wall. with a rubber 28mm one under it. ahhhh. i hate tubes. lol

|

9/30/2013 9:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2013 9:29 PM

Get cloth velox or whatever its called rim tape.
Edit: mabey run higher psi idk, what kind of rim and tire do you have ?

|

My Fit

9/30/2013 9:30 PM

Well know i am running a odsy aitken k-lyte rear and sunday current front..... both 2.25

|

9/30/2013 9:33 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Well know i am running a odsy aitken k-lyte rear and sunday current front..... both 2.25

What kind of rim is it? How old is your odyssey that is in the back? Its a long shot but it could be like soft and giving too much idk.

|

My Fit

9/30/2013 9:33 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

but i dont know how to cover it more. lol i have a season rim strip that covers form wall to wall. with a rubber 28mm one under it. ahhhh. i hate tubes. lol

check it and make sure when you put the tube in or something, that the rim strip doesn't move & allow one of the holes to be exposed. electric tape works just as well too, wrap it around 2x though then just poke a hole where the valve goes

|

9/30/2013 9:35 PM

So would some handy dandy duct tape be a good idea?

|

9/30/2013 9:36 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

yeah, but would leave that real sticky residue when you need to pull it off.

|

9/30/2013 9:51 PM

I have these ones i got from walmart they are lasting or ever and i love them.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/30/2013 10:10 PM

Kevlar hutchingsons with some green slime in em.

|

9/30/2013 11:12 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Go around the rim once with the duct tape upside down. Make sure it's nice and tight. Then add another layer face down. Now you've got a rim strip with no sticky bullshit.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/1/2013 5:53 AM

Dans heavy duty with liner and double odyssey rim strips! That'll get it done. I run the dans heavy duties alone though. Perfection.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/1/2013 7:13 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BMXism wrote:

Go around the rim once with the duct tape upside down. Make sure it's nice and tight. Then add another layer face down. Now you've got a rim strip with no sticky bullshit.

thats exactly what i thought of doing. lol

|

10/1/2013 7:13 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Dans heavy duty with liner and double odyssey rim strips! That'll get it done. I run the dans heavy duties alone though. Perfection.

wow. surprising. i killed the trailes one.

|