Tubes

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2016 3:53 PM

I have 2.25 tires and don't know what tubes to get as I can only find ones for 2.125 and I don't wanna buy $10 tubes I just want cheap shit

|

5/21/2016 4:12 PM

Those will work.

|

5/21/2016 5:13 PM

Anywhere from 1.75 - 2.3 tubes will fit any BMX tire . I've seen those fuckers get fat as fuck at my local shop !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/22/2016 7:05 AM

All tubes will fit, regardless of their size (by size I mean width). Of course, you cannot put a 26 inch tire in a 20 inch wheel...

The problem with skinnier tubes is that they are going to leak and are more prone to pinch flats if you are a diehard low-pressure dude. Like me.

I hate heavy tires, and I love low pressures. After having so many pinch flats and becoming an ace at installing and removing a tire, I went for an Innova tube: it had a thickened crown...

I just broke my second one-it cracked around the valve head. Sucks-I don't know what's going on, I install the tube correctly. No user error, at all. The tube is thick as fu*k and weighs nearly as much as a tire, but it's weakness is around the valve head... Then I discovered some rubber balls in my tire-and I pretty much guessed what was going wrong.

As the tube is thick, it does take quite a bit of pressure for it to expand. I was running it right on the red line-that is, the inferior red line. There was a sort of micro-void between my tire and tube, nothing which baby powder could have helped (maybe made it worst), which allowed for separate movement of both elements-hence creating those rubber balls and rubber deposit. It sucks as it happened on my kink lyras (on the rear) and I love that tire... Still, it is going good, and I need to find a cheap tube alternative. I am considering moving on to a tubeless setup, as I don't really ride that aggressively and my tire is hard to bead (an unbead) as hell-it should take care of any side loads...

Thing is-do I do this after my summer france trip or before? its going to be damn impossible to repump my tubeless setup without a compressor with air at an instant 120 psi...

Good tubes, anyone?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/22/2016 11:25 AM

I ride 45-50 psi

|

5/22/2016 6:06 PM

I ride a heavy duty tube with a tire liner in both wheels. Haven't had a flat in two years

|

5/22/2016 6:10 PM

Giant (mtb brand) heavy duty tubes and danscomp tire liners are bomb proof it would cost about $25 but you won't need to spend money on tubes for a long time. Think of the money saved over time because you spent 25 on a good tube set up once

|

5/24/2016 2:33 PM

I just get the 20" BELL tubes from Walmart, they work just fine.

|

5/24/2016 3:00 PM

80 PSI and then I run it for like 2 months, then back to 80 PSI.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/24/2016 3:13 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I just get the 20" BELL tubes from Walmart, they work just fine.

THIS

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!