Tubolito Tubes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2019 1:57 PM

Are these tubes as good as people say. Ill prolly never buy these tubes but i just want to know if they are worth the 65$ price tag

|

1/6/2019 2:07 PM

Lol no

|

Hmmm

1/6/2019 2:19 PM

alibaba, got 20 kenda tubes for $30

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

1/6/2019 2:27 PM

I almost bought one for my super light front wheel setup, but went with a kenda 18” instead.

|

1/6/2019 3:40 PM

They make a lot of claims but they don't seem to have any evidence/demonstrations of the improved capabilities. Also, if they're not butyl rubber, are they even patchable?

I'd avoid them; for the price of one of them, you could buy a shitload of good quality butyl tubes.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/6/2019 4:07 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

They make a lot of claims but they don't seem to have any evidence/demonstrations of the improved capabilities. Also, if they're not butyl rubber, are they even patchable?

I'd avoid them; for the price of one of them, you could buy a shitload of good quality butyl tubes.

Well they only weigh 60g, that is pretty light compared to a conventional tube, which are around 200g IIRC. Are they more durable? No idea. They can be patched with a tubolito specific patch kit.

I think they'd make sense if you ride park. Probably too pricey if you ride street and encounter glass on the road.

|

1/7/2019 2:00 AM

Wow, what !? That's crazy expensive I didn't even knew someting like that existed, but it seems pointless, unless of course if you're super rich !
Seriously, I just bought the opposite, actual bmx tubes, thick, heavy and fitted for fat tyres, not just 20" kids bike tube, but I'm pretty sure these cheap tubes from supermarkets are nearly as light as those tubolitos !

|

1/7/2019 5:54 AM

If you've got too much money lying around, I could use a new stem. Or you can just cut me a check. If anyone thinks an inner tube is going to make any difference to their riding, I have a bridge I am selling for a bargain price. I also have some beach property in death valley I'll throw in for the buyer of the bridge.

|

1/7/2019 6:15 AM

I can't see myself ever justifying a 65$ tube

|

1/7/2019 6:57 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

alibaba, got 20 kenda tubes for $30

That's how the terrorists win.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/7/2019 9:51 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

That's how the terrorists win.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

1/7/2019 10:15 AM

They are becoming incredibly popular amongst professional riders & park rats everywhere. I've seen many claims of them being nearly impossible to pop, also a couple claims of some of the tubes being defective and popping immediately.

I don't see it as any different than Titanium Spokes, just another expensive way to cut rotational weight in the wheels.
& I don't want to hear "It's only a couple grams difference though." A couple grams will make a very noticeable difference when it comes to rotational weight (meaning spokes/rim/tires/tube.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/7/2019 10:27 AM

I'd be ok with them other than the fact that I'd want to kill myself if one punctured.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/7/2019 12:22 PM

Are they lifetime warranty? Lol

I spend extra to make sure my setup is solid for safety reasons. I can see these tubes being beneficial for a professional rider but that is a lot for a tube imo.

|

1/7/2019 1:36 PM

Matthew_Garner wrote:

Are these tubes as good as people say. Ill prolly never buy these tubes but i just want to know if they are worth the 65$ price tag

fuck it ball out and buy em #yolo

|

fack off

1/7/2019 6:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They are becoming incredibly popular amongst professional riders & park rats everywhere. I've seen many claims of them being nearly impossible to pop, also a couple claims of some of the tubes being defective and popping immediately.

I don't see it as any different than Titanium Spokes, just another expensive way to cut rotational weight in the wheels.
& I don't want to hear "It's only a couple grams difference though." A couple grams will make a very noticeable difference when it comes to rotational weight (meaning spokes/rim/tires/tube.)

This guy gets it.

|

1/15/2019 2:05 PM

?start=140
|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/15/2019 2:06 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

?start=140

I just got done watching this video?

|

1/15/2019 3:12 PM

Gang Starr.

|

1/15/2019 3:35 PM

Shoot I need triangular tires now.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

1/16/2019 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2019 8:05 AM

spence is subbed to this thread. obv. when he said they ran over 50 i was like shit i was just reading about this, and thought of the goat and terrorist havent won

|

Bunny hop and take your thumbs off
Tuck no footer
Tuck no fingers
Fakie switch bunny hop
Nose manual 1 ruler - krookedude

1/16/2019 8:39 AM

shef wrote:

spence is subbed to this thread. obv. when he said they ran over 50 i was like shit i was just reading about this, and thought of the goat and terrorist havent won

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/16/2019 11:04 AM

I’d check them out the day I find a shop that sells them in Canada , paying customs to ship tubes internional seems far out of the way

|

1/16/2019 2:38 PM

U can get bootleg ones on wish for like 10 bucks

|

Street yes please

1/16/2019 3:29 PM

dead goon wrote:

Gang Starr.

Ft. The Rebel INS

|

1/17/2019 4:21 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you've got too much money lying around, I could use a new stem. Or you can just cut me a check. If anyone thinks an inner tube is going to make any difference to their riding, I have a bridge I am selling for a bargain price. I also have some beach property in death valley I'll throw in for the buyer of the bridge.

Now now, if you take enough weight out of the wheels, it will make a very noticeable difference.

$65 for light tubes is stupid though. You would be better off putting some light rims/spokes/hubs on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/17/2019 7:44 AM

What about this ad I just clicked on for Alienation tubeless tires, that's even lighter I think.

|

1/17/2019 9:30 AM

4130Junkie wrote:

What about this ad I just clicked on for Alienation tubeless tires, that's even lighter I think.

You don't even need tubeless tyres, I have tubeless rims and bsd tyres and it works great just have to put a bit more sealant in every now and then

|

Hmmm

1/18/2019 3:26 PM

Daniel Dhers swears by them and he's a huge light bike nerd...

|

1/18/2019 4:22 PM

The company has been doing MTB and Roadbike tubes for a while. We contacted them about a year ago and agreed to buy a stupid amount of them if they made 20" ones if they sent us some to test. We sent them to Dhers and a few others and everybody swears by them now. We even have a few of the team dudes that mainly ride street on them with no real issues. They do seem like a lot of money but rotating weight savings is greater and cheaper than Ti spokes.

As far as I know we are still the only place in the USA with the 20" ones. We also have the patch kits. If you are a weight weenie they are a must.

https://www.albes.com/tubolito-ultra-light-tube/
www.albes.com

|