Tubolito Tubes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2019 3:48 PM

buttmeate wrote:

my lightest tires have knicks in the tread and booted tears on the sidewalls. normal rubber tubes kinda buldge out of these 'tire-booted' knicks but dont pop during riding.

does anyone know if the tubolitos are okay to rub with booted tires? will the tubolito squeeze out the tire and pop or something?

also once again, what is the deal with them saying not to run a tube in different size tires? are they saying the tire is meant to only stretch once to one tire size?

can i run a tubilito in a 1.95tire and then later stretch it out more to fit inside a 2.25tire?

Hey,
The 20" versions of these tubes can run from a 1.8 to 2.4"

They do expand like normal tubes but are made of a little stiffer material. I'm not sure they will creep out of small tears in your tire but I still won't suggest running a $30 tube in a tire with holes in it.

The only real warning I'd like to give about these tubes is DO NOT INFLATE THEM OUTSIDE OF A TIRE! They are ok to put a little air in them so they take a round shape but if you put too much air in them outside the tire they can get bulges in them and possibly tear. Other than that these tubes have been AMAZING. The weight savings is crazy when it comes to rotating weight and they have held up very well in all types of BMX conditions.

https://www.albes.com/tubolito-ultra-light-tube/

Hope that helps!
www.albes.com

|

12/27/2019 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 1:34 AM

When I was choosing tires for my commuter, the rule of thumb was rotational weight was a 10x savings. In other words, if you save 100g, it's the same as taking a KG off your frame.

That's on 29 inch rims though so the multiplier would be much lower on 20s. Also, I don't think it matters as much for the typical BMX riding style. You're only going to benefit when pedaling which is hardly a concern on a 25/9.

Puncture resistance on the other hand is where these tubes might shine. I saw them described as a tubeless-alternative for road bikes. I think that's the better perspective for these things.

|

12/28/2019 1:35 AM

TIL reducing rotational weight will help you kick tailwhips brakeless:

?t=6m14s
|

12/29/2019 1:45 PM

noobnoob wrote:

TIL reducing rotational weight will help you kick tailwhips brakeless:

?t=6m14s

I miss spencer vids...

|

12/31/2019 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2019 9:04 AM

I had a couple and they were garbage. It was before they offered them with the schrader valve, and I always had slow leaks. When I'd take the cap off to pump it up, the valve core would unthread out of the tube and lose ALL of the pressure

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

1/23/2020 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2020 8:13 PM

hey, on my third ride i got a flat. a small puncture. BUT the puncture is like a few mm from the seam. will the patch hold if it is partly on the seam?

|

wallride a bus everyday

1/24/2020 12:21 AM

tedhuie wrote:

I had a couple and they were garbage. It was before they offered them with the schrader valve, and I always had slow leaks. When I'd take the cap off to pump it up, the valve core would unthread out of the tube and lose ALL of the pressure

I guess it had more to do with the fact that presta valves suck balls, rather than the tubes themselves.

I think I’m gonna get a pair of tubolitos, I got some money to spare and I’d like to see if the difference is really that significant..

|

1/24/2020 5:51 AM

buttmeate wrote:

hey, on my third ride i got a flat. a small puncture. BUT the puncture is like a few mm from the seam. will the patch hold if it is partly on the seam?

On a $30 tube i'd give it a try.

|

1/25/2020 11:57 AM

For those of you that run these, how have they held up with low pressure (40-50psi) and riding street? Id love to try them out but Im having trouble justifying the price since I get flats so often and I will never be sponsored by tubolito. Lol

|

1/26/2020 5:46 AM

I remember watching a YouTube video regarding these tubes, and to my amazement I actually found them in a store here.
Yes they were expensive and I wanted to give them a go.. started out great I was so hyped on these.. however the next day both my tyres were not totally flat but had leaked some air out.. so I pumped them up and all seemed fine until the next day,
I had constantly had trouble with both my tubes leaking air and I was wondering if this was my fault installing them with the valve not so perfect ? Or it was factory issue.. upon closer inspection the valve area was infact leaking air. I told myself I’d love to give them a second chance but never got round to it. So my advice would be it’s your own choice if you want to try them. But from my own experience with these tubes I honestly can’t recommend them to others as of yet.

|

1/29/2020 10:15 AM

i went to patch the puncture that was about 5mm from the seam and the patch would not hold. leaks air like crazy.

and they say not to blow up the tube outside of a tire so i cant really verify that its leaking from the patch

|

wallride a bus everyday

1/29/2020 10:26 AM

buttmeate wrote:

i went to patch the puncture that was about 5mm from the seam and the patch would not hold. leaks air like crazy.

and they say not to blow up the tube outside of a tire so i cant really verify that its leaking from the patch

Did you use a turbolito patch?

|

1/29/2020 6:10 PM

Htown, yes i did, as per the instructions

|

wallride a bus everyday