Turning taps into 3's?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2014 8:08 PM

Hey guys, so I can three tap no problem but I can't get full three's! When I go to three a small set I land on my backtire and spin the rest of the way like wtf? I've tried lifting the Ass end up more but doesn't seen to help any ideas?

|

3/11/2014 8:29 PM

Ask grandma lol

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/11/2014 8:30 PM

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/11/2014 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2014 8:58 PM

Learn to 360 jumps a box jump or dirt double first not on flat then you have no choice but to 360, force yourself to nail it or eat shit, it's hard to progress on a 3 tap on flat because there is no consiquences of failing them so your never forced to nail it, once you get that down work on flat.....I don't get kids that always want to learn tricks on flat......I'd love to see some try to learn x ups on flat

|

3/11/2014 8:54 PM

hump your bars or put most of your weight around your top tube, remember that 360s are more about giving yourself enough time to rotate than spinning, which is usually why people tap instead of 360. So, hop higher than you usually do for 3 taps

|

3/11/2014 9:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Learn to 360 jumps a box jump or dirt double first not on flat then you have no choice but to 360, force yourself to nail it or eat shit, it's hard to progress on a 3 tap on flat because there is no consiquences of failing them so your never forced to nail it, once you get that down work on flat.....I don't get kids that always want to learn tricks on flat......I'd love to see some try to learn x ups on flat

I learned 180 x-ups on flat, before I could even x-up. Not even kidding, an older guy that I ride with, not that old but just turned 30s, was all about x-up & tire grab tricks and whenever he'd play BIKE with us he'd do flat 180 x-ups and he did them so much that I eventually just learned them on flat before ever trying one flyout, or an x-up for that matter haha.

But yeah seriously, try one flyout first, get that down then try them on flat. I was dumb & tried learning them flat first too and would always tire tap. Eventually I did learn them but they were sooo disgusting & barely counted, and then trying them out of flyouts really improved them because it taught me more how to do them. Just go at the jump at a decent speed, go like you're going to 180 but rotate more by spinning a bit faster & look over your shoulder whichever way you spin. KEEP YOUR HEAD TURNED! I see a lot of people when first learning 360s turn their head for the first 180, then the rest of the spin they look back the other way. They don't try it, it's just a bad habit. Keep that head turned and you'll likely get them flyout, then you can move to flat. I'll tell you now, flat 360s are harder than flyout 360s & are arguably one of the hardest tricks you learn, but once you get them you're pretty much set

|

3/11/2014 10:20 PM

They're different tricks

3taps are easy , all you need is pedal pressure really. Hop 3's are comittment and just hauling over your shoulder.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/12/2014 7:24 AM

Tuck your knees.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/12/2014 7:26 AM

Yeah I figured I couldn't land them straight up flat that's why I said I started doing them down sets, that way I would have time for the full spin but then I always ended up taping the set which is just embarrassing! Haha okay so fly out, tuck knees lift ass end and put more weight towards bars, got it ! Thanks

|

3/12/2014 1:48 PM

I would recommend trying them out of banks or flyouts instead of down things..

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

3/12/2014 2:14 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I would recommend trying them out of banks or flyouts instead of down things..

Out of a bank is by far the best way to learn. Any kind of flyout will do really. And once you get it dialed out of those, just translate those techniques to flat and you'll start doing flat 3s.

|