Twisted Spoke Design

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2010 5:18 PM

Does anyone on here know how to do this?
PhotoPhoto

always wanted a wheel with this design.

|

kobe bryant ready

10/30/2010 5:20 PM

It can't be strong ? Would love this if it is

|

10/30/2010 5:20 PM

street mafia knows i think they'll do it for free im not sure

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

10/30/2010 5:21 PM

isnt that gonna decrease the strength?

|

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICKwink , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

10/30/2010 5:21 PM

brenden1207 wrote:

nah it actually makes it stronger

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

10/30/2010 5:28 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

interesting..

|

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICKwink , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

10/30/2010 5:30 PM

Whack your wheel with a hammer till it looks twister? hahahaha jk the people that lace theses must be able to do it in their sleep

|

"Booshy wrote: Oh I forgot about this guy, somehow.. Matt Hoffman! Would love to meet/ ride with him. Or ride him."

bmx_is_rad wrote: Please tap as hard as you like

10/30/2010 5:36 PM

sexual.

|

Kicking
Incredibly
Dope
Shit

TAYLOR GANG OR DIE!

10/30/2010 5:57 PM

brenden1207 wrote:

getskyhigh wrote:

it makes it way weaker because you bend the spokes so much...

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

11/1/2010 8:09 PM

that is by far the coolest looking spoke design ive ever seen, but i dont like the colors

|

11/1/2010 8:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2010 8:20 PM

brenden1207 wrote:

getskyhigh wrote:

Cjmdawg wrote:

it makes it way weaker because you bend the spokes so much...

yeah, but how often do spokes break right at the center? every spoke i've had broke at the head/j-bend.

|

11/1/2010 8:24 PM

thats fucking nuts!!!

|

why the fuck you got a hub guard and aint got no fucking pegs?!

Vital's Oprah.

MOTW 3/15/10 - 3/21/10

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Oprahs-Sunday-Wave-v1,826431

psn-id: daveydeez

11/1/2010 8:40 PM

thats fucking sicccccck

|

11/1/2010 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2010 9:23 PM

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

2/8/2011 6:45 PM

I had wheels like these but for my 20'' pk ripper. I had finishline hubs and then they were twisted but only once and I had less spokes. They worked well and I nevet had any problems with them. I think they look cool and it's confirmed that they are stronger. When they twist the spokes the wheel will stay true longer and there will be less maintinence. However in the case of why they twisted these spokes twice most likely from what iv gatherd is because it's a bigger wheel and there is more geometry to deal with. On a 20 the wheel and spokes are smaller and I think that's why they only needed to twist them once.

Stronger for sure though,but most of the time too i found that high end racers would do this. If your jumping they work well to but not really needed. Most shops have no idea how to do this so if you find someone that does, great! because most likely that person has a great knowlege for bikes.

|

2/8/2011 8:08 PM

looks good, never ride it, haha

|

Sigs are for Pigs

2/8/2011 8:14 PM

jimbro wrote:

I had wheels like these but for my 20'' pk ripper. I had finishline hubs and then they were twisted but only once and I had less spokes. They worked well and I nevet had any problems with them. I think they look cool and it's confirmed that they are stronger. When they twist the spokes the wheel will stay true longer and there will be less maintinence. However in the case of why they twisted these spokes twice most likely from what iv gatherd is because it's a bigger wheel and there is more geometry to deal with. On a 20 the wheel and spokes are smaller and I think that's why they only needed to twist them once.

Stronger for sure though,but most of the time too i found that high end racers would do this. If your jumping they work well to but not really needed. Most shops have no idea how to do this so if you find someone that does, great! because most likely that person has a great knowlege for bikes.

dude, youre so clueless. haha I laugh at YOU!!! hahahhhahahhahaha

|

Sigs are for Pigs

2/8/2011 8:14 PM

you can see the untrue and bends in the pic, hahahahahhahha

|

Sigs are for Pigs

2/8/2011 9:54 PM

piggy7 wrote:

you can see the untrue and bends in the pic, hahahahahhahha

Dude I was just giving some info dude. I'm not clueless at all. I;m still not sure why it's double twisted but once again bigger wheel. On the 20 though or at least the bike I had my wheels were way strong. Really too if you havint ridden a bike that has these types of wheels than how would you or could you even dis these. Yeah in these pics the spokes doo look a little weird but not all of the wheels laced twisted are like these ones.

|

2/8/2011 10:16 PM

Saw a guy at sheep with wheels like that, he claimed they were stronger. Looks too retarded for me though.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

2/9/2011 12:22 AM

I guess at times they look really lame and to much to handle. Iv never really had problems with normal wheels I guess it just depends on what your doing and how much you are a geek about your bike. When you take it to this level Id hope you know what you got yourself into. Regular wheels are fine but these are mostly for show but really they are pretty strong. Do the math and you'll find that the shorter the spoke from hub the less the spoke will bend over time. Most of the time know one sees this because there bike is new and by the time a spoke really goes to shit they have a new bike. Iv restored many bikes and this is where you really see the old wore out stuff. if you get custom wheels with beefy spokes thats the way to go, and they'll be just as strong as twisted but most dont do that. Twisted is cool and strong but it's really the experience of trying them out to really know of how they really feel. Funny too I found that these kinds of wheels are like dudes that where there hats with a straight brim. Is it really a statement to where it straight because it's cool or thats what all the moto guys do,or when you bend it, it actually works better. Just wondering not trying to start anything lame, I guess twisted spokes arnt for everyone.

|

2/9/2011 12:27 AM

if i had a junk wheel i would try it but i dont have a junk wheel.

|

Refs: X_Woody_X, BEASTASSDICK wink, Droogskull

2/9/2011 12:45 AM

tankbob wrote:

Saw a guy at sheep with wheels like that, he claimed they were stronger. Looks too retarded for me though.

I totally agree.. maybe ok for a road bike.. but for anything else, it looks silly..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

2/9/2011 4:28 AM

ew. only for a road bike.

|

2/9/2011 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2011 6:36 AM

Booshy wrote:

It can't be strong ? Would love this if it is

A guy at QBP laced his up like that 5-6 years ago, told me he has yet to true his wheel. Granted it is on his commuter bike, but he rides it EVERYWHERE.

To do it you need to just get longer spokes, and twist em up. I think it was only like 2-5mm longer depending on how many twists you do. It's cool looking, but a pain in the ass. DEFINITELY stronger than a standard 3 cross, as you spread the stress to more contact points, just like how more teeth on your sprocket and driver = less stress per tooth, less likely to snap your chain.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2011 7:15 AM

a guy at my local park rides rims with the single bend very similar to these. he does flairs and massive airs and there solid as hell i wanted my rims like that cuase they look good but no one knows how to do it!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/13/2013 9:53 AM

you need to check out tangledspokes.com

these look amazing, look like 20in and 26in so far!!

|

11/13/2013 10:35 AM

spettit20 wrote:

you need to check out tangledspokes.com

these look amazing, look like 20in and 26in so far!!

Check the date there fella.

SUPER old thread.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2013 11:35 AM

Yeah, I saw that but thought it was worth throwing in! Cool spokes

|