Two hub guards on the same side?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2015 10:16 PM

I have the g sport gland hub guards and they only protect the hub flanges and I was wonder if It's possible to have another hub guard on the same side to have full protection on the hub.

|

3/25/2015 11:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2015 11:34 PM

No. At least not stock. You'd have to modify the hub guard for the Gland to have clearance to spin. Just gotta grind it down some. And thats REAR hub.. I don't see enough room on front hubs for this to work.(front guards are small enough as is)

It is possible. I've though about this myself, but never had any real need for Glands so I never bought any. Skim through a few google images of particular guards and make a decision off that.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/26/2015 1:39 AM

yeah in theory its possible, but again youll 99% need to bore out the centre. I've got a gland thats been bored out a bit to fit a hub, pretty sure itd work over my custom front hub. If you pick up a hand de-burring tool youll be able to do it with that, but it wont be pretty. if you can, do it on a lathe. although I had to use a 4 jaw chuck when i did mine which makes it a ball ache for the sake of a bigger bore

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/26/2015 7:33 AM

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/26/2015 7:42 AM

Just wait for the MK4 gland guard to come out. I saw it on the merged and it's like a fatter version for rear hubs.

I don't like the gland at all. It does its job, but not well. I can't tell you how many times that i broke a zip tie and it fucked up and stopped working. The little strap is even worse. I think that you should look at andrew vargarason's bike or derek nelsons. The dude has big pieces of sheet metal covering over half his wheel tied on with chords and then welded onto the frame guards. DSG and NDSG! I saw it and it was fucking sick too.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/26/2015 9:08 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Just wait for the MK4 gland guard to come out. I saw it on the merged and it's like a fatter version for rear hubs.

I don't ...more

My buddy Ben used some heavy duty fishing cord instead of the shoelace or zip ties. He has the original version front and rear and they are still going just fine.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura