Two sick new frames in the works

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2014 10:10 AM

Ok so recently I've seen on the Merged and Insta two new frames from the awesome people at S&M and FBM. S&M is making a sig frame for Charlie Crumlish and Craig Passero (my two favorite riders actually) and FBM is working on a new tech street frame that looks sweet. Here are the specs:
TT - 20.5, 20.75, 21, 21.25,
HT - 75.5
BB - 11.875
SH - 8.75
ST - 71
CS - 13.2
Made in US

No specs have been released for the S&M, but with those two behind it I'm sure it'll be something. They have said it will be available in 21.5 TT length, considering Charlie's like 6' 3" or 4". Which is good news for tall riders (I'm 6' 2")

Pics:

FBM
Photo

S&M
Photo

Photo

What do you guys think of these US companys (especially FBM) stepping up to the street scene?

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

6/2/2014 1:08 PM

Steve Crandall told me the hard way frame should be out in a few weeks.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/2/2014 4:59 PM

The fbm spec wise looks like a howler frame

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/2/2014 6:05 PM

They probably saw all my posts on here where I bitched about lack of variety for super tech frames...

But there is becoming a market for super-tech, so it is no surprise new companies are hopping on the bandwagon. Cult, Proper, Federal, Volume, and a few other companies now offer super-tech frames aswell. The variety of company is nice, but im still waiting for a variety of features (heat treated, hydroformed, investment cast, wishbones, etc.) Im sure it is all to come now that new companies are testing the waters in super-tech and other companies are showing interest.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/2/2014 8:12 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They probably saw all my posts on here where I bitched about lack of variety for super tech frames...

But there is becoming a ...more

Yeah, these will probably be the most durable of the tech framesout so far, at least until Bone Deth releases one haha

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

6/2/2014 8:35 PM

Some one needs to build this frame as a production model.
Ht 75
Tt 21
Cs 13
St 71
Bb 12
St/o 8.5-9
Wishbone c/s to clear a 30t mds with extra guard
Welded mounts s/s
Top and down tube gussets
Beer can h/t
Intergrated Sunday style tensioners

|

6/2/2014 8:37 PM

To each his own. I personally prefer a factory made frame over a handbuilt one, Dave @ FBM being the only exception to that.

Ive seen some pretty poor quality products come out of S&Ms shop so I dont think ill ever run their products.

I really enjoy my United Dinero. 6mm IC dropouts and a 8.5st which differs it from other super tech frames. I would take it over the S&M any day, and I would still take it over the FBM judging by its current looks, BUT im sure the guys over at FBM will do something special to it for production that will make it the superior choice, in which case I may end up with one in my hands. Probably not though, not digging the mighty high seat tube, I like 8.25-8.5 especially with the higher bottom bracket.

Sunday Broadcaster would no doubt be the strongest super tech frame if it was 41thermal PWHT. Im thinking since theres a ton of uprising competition in the super tech market theres a good chance we'll see a Broadcaster V2 with 41thermal PWHT. I will DEFINITELY be copping one if so.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

6/2/2014 8:46 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

To each his own. I personally prefer a factory made frame over a handbuilt one, Dave @ FBM being the only exception to that.
...more

Spooky Dave hasn't worked at FBM in a while.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/2/2014 8:49 PM

Yeah Dave's been doing pedal drive cycles for twoish years now.

Also has come back with the best price and been really good to talk to about getting a custom. Only thing he can't do for me is the wish bone

|

6/2/2014 8:56 PM

Gump wrote:

Yeah Dave's been doing pedal drive cycles for twoish years now.

Also has come back with the best price and been really good ...more

I knew that one, thought he was still with FBM too. Wellp! Huge turn off. That means zero USA-made frames for this guy!

|

6/3/2014 9:47 AM

woah! I help out with the Merged, and not sure how I could have missed that FBM post. I'll post that up asap, thanks dude!

|

6/3/2014 10:23 AM

I love my BTM in all honesty, I knew it was trendy when I bought it, but when I did there wasn't much of a choice with super techy frames, I mean, right after I bought it sunday came out with the broadcaster which made me a bit mad.

I want sunday to come out with an upgraded broadcaster really badly. With everything the same, but invest cast dropouts, volumes hour glass style headtube, and fully heat treated for the lifetime warranty.

Or I want to get this FBM frame, but for now I will stick to my S&M until I snap it, and even if that happens, I will probably just warranty it and get the newer one with better clearance :D lmfao.

|

6/4/2014 6:04 AM

EffWoodPushers wrote:

I love my BTM in all honesty, I knew it was trendy when I bought it, but when I did there wasn't much of a choice with super ...more

Same, my BTM is sweet, but it will not last through the summer

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/4/2014 6:44 AM

That s&m frame is only Passero's

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/4/2014 11:08 AM

Gump wrote:

The fbm spec wise looks like a howler frame

Not really... I've owned the Howler.
This one's got,
steeper head tube..
taller stand over..
shorter Chain stays.. I would've loved this over my Howler, even my current Wifi; A tiny bit longer rear and an inch taller stand over height.. The Hard Way will be my first 21" frame. I can't wait.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting