Types of stems

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2019 8:42 PM

Hi, i'm new on bmx and i want to know about how doe the form of the stems affects the bike? I have this one and i Photo
don't know if it's good

|

7/5/2019 8:54 PM

That’s a great stem

|

It’s all bmx

7/6/2019 2:10 AM

That’s a front load stem. The difference is the amount of rise they give your bars. You also have different reach, which is the length. Generally, taller bars with a shorter reach is more responsive.

But it’s not quite as simple as that as you need to take the geometry of every component into consideration. Responsive is good, and pretty trendy, but there is such a thing as too responsive. Aim for middle of the road and dial it in from there. You need a balance of responsive and stable

|

7/6/2019 7:37 AM

Frontload Photo

Topload
Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/6/2019 12:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Frontload Photo

Topload
Photo

Good visual to show the differences, Tim.

To the op, keep in mind you can also flip a front load stem upside down to emulate a top load and flip a top load stem upside down to emulate a front load. Although some stems dont look good upside down, they will still function as intended.

|

7/6/2019 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2019 2:18 PM

Upside down top loads look the shit.

But only if they're 22ish rise top load stems.

|

7/6/2019 2:58 PM

jbales wrote:

And upside down frontloads look shit

|

7/6/2019 2:59 PM

jbales wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

This.

|

7/6/2019 6:01 PM

jbales wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

I agree with you guys on the looks. But if someone had to run either one upside down for whatever reason, that's still cool cool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...