Tyre Difference?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2009 10:34 PM

Whats the difference of thin and thick tyres???
what does the thickness of the tyres change?

|

Less judge More fudge!!

7/15/2009 10:35 PM

Thicker tires=better grip
Thin tires=less weight and more for racing

|

Rider4life>=]

7/15/2009 10:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:42 PM

So if i was doing Street & park id want thicker tyres?
Awesome thanx mate!

|

Less judge More fudge!!

7/15/2009 10:45 PM

Rang ju wrote:

So if i was doing Street & park id want thicker tyres?
Awesome thanx mate!

12345 yes u would and no prob

|

Rider4life>=]

7/15/2009 11:07 PM

just remember that the rear will wear out fastest and usually has little tread pattern like a slick or close. Your rear triangle may not clear some of the larger tire sizes. You gotta check your fork too. I like a bigger tire that's a folding model in the front and a slightly smaller rubber(cheaper) tire in the back cuz they get old fast. The front tire is usually going to be bigger or the same size with more tread because though the back end can slide around a little if the front end slides out you are wrecked. Plus the larger tire with less psi is easier on the wrists and the rear most likely to get a pinch flat is a higher psi leaving your legs to absorb the energy on landing.
For street and park I would go with a 2.10 in the front and back and up grade to larger if you can fit them. I try to ride a little dirt when I can so I have a WTP grippin in the front but it was sliding around at the park pretty bad so its not real good for park You should get the Animal ASM in the back and the Animal GLH in the front either both in 2.1 or 2.1 in the back and 2.25 in the front if it'll fit.

|

7/15/2009 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:42 PM

04wildman wrote:

just remember that the rear will wear out fastest and usually has little tread pattern like a slick or close. Your rear triangle may not clear some of the larger tire sizes. You gotta check your fork too. I like a bigger tire that's a folding model in the front and a slightly smaller rubber(cheaper) tire in the back cuz they get old fast. The front tire is usually going to be bigger or the same size with more tread because though the back end can slide around a little if the front end slides out you are wrecked. Plus the larger tire with less psi is easier on the wrists and the rear most likely to get a pinch flat is a higher psi leaving your legs to absorb the energy on landing.
For street and park I would go with a 2.10 in the front and back and up grade to larger if you can fit them. I try to ride a little dirt when I can so I have a WTP grippin in the front but it was sliding around at the park pretty bad so its not real good for park You should get the Animal ASM in the back and the Animal GLH in the front either both in 2.1 or 2.1 in the back and 2.25 in the front if it'll fit.

Dude u work at a bike shop or somethin?That was the most in detail thing ive heard about tires ever props manCool

|

Rider4life>=]

7/16/2009 9:14 AM

04wildman wrote:

dk4life wrote:

Dude u work at a bike shop or somethin?That was the most in detail thing ive heard about tires ever props manCool

i agree you gotta lot of know.... i got a question though. whats tyhe diffrence between a normal tire and a folding tire besides price?

|

7/16/2009 9:25 AM

kikcer2 wrote:

i agree you gotta lot of know.... i got a question though. whats tyhe diffrence between a normal tire and a folding tire besides price?

foldable tyres are lighter, and fold obviously taking less room tongue
thts all i know about em there might be more but im not sure tongue

|

Less judge More fudge!!

7/21/2009 9:52 AM

can u reccomend me a slik tyre or a tyre for skatepark my email- kaelanbeachill@hotmail.co.uk plz email me one thanku much appreachieatedsilly

|

7/21/2009 9:59 AM

ohh yes also can i put a primo comet tyre on the front of my bike?

and forget about emailing me just post a comment on this forum (for both questions)

thankyou cheerssmile

|

7/21/2009 10:53 AM

Lufc96 wrote:

ohh yes also can i put a primo comet tyre on the front of my bike?

and forget about emailing me just post a comment on this forum (for both questions)

thankyou cheerssmile

TIRES, are square in the uk

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

7/21/2009 10:57 AM

folding tires have kevlar beads in them, making them have the ability to fold....Kevlar is lighter than steel beaded tires...i really doubt they made them foldable for storage reasons

|

titties and beer > everything

7/21/2009 11:04 AM

Fit FAF-K 2.25 for the front and GLH-R in the back 1.95 or 2.1

|

"swwyobmx"
so im balls deep in this bitch and she screams hurt me hurt me! so i pulled out and punched her in the fuckin mouth.