Tyre Width Information.. Largest of the Large.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2013 3:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 3:58 PM

Animal GLH-R 2.25" = 2.38"
Animal MTT 2.35" = 2.40"
Animal TWW-R 2.20 = 2.32"
Cult Dehart 2.35" = 2.42"
Demolition Momentum 2.35" = 2.4"
Demolition Machete 2.35" Tyre = 2.4"
Fit FAF-K 2.25" = 2.36" (The 2.25" is wider than the 2.3" oddly)
Fly Bikes Rampera 2.35" = 2.48"
Haro Le Mesa 2.40" = 2.36"
Kink Lyra 2.3" Tyre = 2.36"
Odyssey A.Ross 2.35" Tyre = 2.3"
Odyssey Hawk 2.4" = 2.4"
Odyssey Aitken 2.25" Tyre = 2.32"
Premium CK Tyre 2.4" = 2.36"
Premium Refuse Resist 2.25" Tyre = 2.40"
Primo Lee Dennis 2.3" Tyre = 2.28"
Primo WLT 2.3" Tyre = 2.32"
Shadow Strada 2.3" Tyre = 2.30"
Shadow Undertaker 2.25" Tyre = 2.33"
Subrosa Street Digger 2.25" Tyre = 2.36"
Subrosa Grave Digger 2.25" Tyre = 2.52"
Sunday Current 2.25" Tyre = 2.36"
United Direct 2.30" Tyre = 2.36"
United In-Direct 2.35" Tyre = 2.4"
United Swerve 2.25" Tyre = 2.36"
Wethepeople Feelin 2.25" Tyre = 2.3"
Wethepeople Grippin 2.25" Tyre =2.3"

There we go people! I just thought with all the talk of what Tyres to get & whats the biggest Tyre etc. So here's a list of all the current "popular" Tyres & there listed widths & inflated widths.

|

8/2/2013 3:44 PM

So, how long before someone makes another tire width thread? a week? smile

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/2/2013 3:47 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

a couple hours

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/2/2013 3:54 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

a couple hours

I'm gonna go make one now.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/2/2013 3:57 PM

Wouldn't surprise me Chuck, H.T.F!! I just thought there would be people that would appreciate this information. I mean i got it all of the Dans Comp Website but i am sure the vast majority of people will not even think to google it or check mail order sites!!

|

8/2/2013 5:42 PM

Ok so just to clarify, I just got a 2.35 ross and a 2.25 Aitken. Should I put the Aitken up front?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/2/2013 9:22 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Ok so just to clarify, I just got a 2.35 ross and a 2.25 Aitken. Should I put the Aitken up front?

it would probably help

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/2/2013 9:23 PM

an admin should pin this to the fourm

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/2/2013 9:30 PM

Topsey wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me Chuck, H.T.F!! I just thought there would be people that would appreciate this information. I mean i got it all of the Dans Comp Website but i am sure the vast majority of people will not even think to google it or check mail order sites!!

Well, you know the regulars here appreciate it, haha, but then there's the "other guys".

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/2/2013 10:24 PM

I hate that this info has been on dans for ages and no one ever looks it up just shoots of a new thread

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/2/2013 10:36 PM

Thank you Topsey for putting all this information in one place, that must have took a good while! I dont think anyone else appreciates this... gosh.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/3/2013 2:06 AM

Chuck - I know you guys where just messing with me!

Gump - This is the exact reason why i did it, I mean if it doesn't get stickied it would be a bit of a bummer, but hopefully it will then people SHOULD see it haha & not make 110 threads a week about what huge tyre to get!!

Maximus - It did take a fair bit of time yeah, but i know there will be people that appreciate it on here & hopefully if it does get stickied there will be less "Wot TYRZ iz da biggust" threads!

|

8/3/2013 2:55 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Yes Aitkens are always the best up front.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/3/2013 2:56 AM

Topsey that's some good stuff man.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/3/2013 3:09 AM

Topsey wrote:

Chuck - I know you guys where just messing with me!

Gump - This is the exact reason why i did it, I mean if it doesn't get stickied it would be a bit of a bummer, but hopefully it will then people SHOULD see it haha & not make 110 threads a week about what huge tyre to get!!

Maximus - It did take a fair bit of time yeah, but i know there will be people that appreciate it on here & hopefully if it does get stickied there will be less "Wot TYRZ iz da biggust" threads!

I think people will always make tires threads, not everything on Dans is accurate and the only way to know for sure is to asks others who actually have the product in hand for a more precise description.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/3/2013 3:29 AM

Subrosa gravedigger for the win...2.52

They actually look really nice too, check it out..

Photo

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/3/2013 3:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2013 3:30 AM

Mr. Contact, I know Dans isn't always spot on but the majority of the time they are pretty damned close! I remember last year when the BSD WZA V2 Frame was released. a few Sites listed the back end as 13.3" & Dans at 12.8" A few people I know thought Dans had cocked up & were like What the actual Fuck is going on here! After some clarification with Grant who owns BSD the WZA V2 DID have 12.8" Chain Stays SLAMMED the other sites were listing the centered measurement. Which is why BSD shows the slammed length on their site now, not just the Centered or "prefered" running length! I know the majority of the SUPER big tyres are correct because Neil Wood at Cult actually got all the SUPER big Tyres in his hands & measured them against the Dehart Tyre & posted his findings on Twitter or Instagram or one of those Trendy blog site things.

|

8/3/2013 4:42 AM

Topsey wrote:

Mr. Contact, I know Dans isn't always spot on but the majority of the time they are pretty damned close! I remember last year when the BSD WZA V2 Frame was released. a few Sites listed the back end as 13.3" & Dans at 12.8" A few people I know thought Dans had cocked up & were like What the actual Fuck is going on here! After some clarification with Grant who owns BSD the WZA V2 DID have 12.8" Chain Stays SLAMMED the other sites were listing the centered measurement. Which is why BSD shows the slammed length on their site now, not just the Centered or "prefered" running length! I know the majority of the SUPER big tyres are correct because Neil Wood at Cult actually got all the SUPER big Tyres in his hands & measured them against the Dehart Tyre & posted his findings on Twitter or Instagram or one of those Trendy blog site things.

I remember when that was being posted, his info was taken off Dans site.. Dont know if he redid one separately but I saw it posted on themerge..

Im thinking about picking up a dehart whitewall 2.35 to run with a tww in rear...hoping its really as big as its stated...Id be happy. The stolen joint tire is said to be big as well however I prefer the dehart tread more.

I know the Premium tire is bigger then whats measured, 2.35 tanwall Rampera tires are comparable to Chase Hawk 2.4 Plytes.. I messaged Fly sometime back asking if the tire sizes were different between the tanwall and black but have yet to hear from them.

Heres what Neil posted if anyone is interested. If there was something else please let me know. http://instagram.com/p/XvBEYqo0pp/

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/3/2013 4:59 AM

khe mac 2 dirts measure up pretty big as well, only listed as a 2.2 but mine measures 2.3

|

8/3/2013 5:08 AM

We should take the list thats made and then add our experiences to it. So if a tire is bigger or smaller then whats advertised, we can have notes beside it from people who have experience with each one.

|

REFS-

8/3/2013 5:13 AM

Good info man !!!

|

8/3/2013 6:49 AM

Gump wrote:

I hate that this info has been on dans for ages and no one ever looks it up just shoots of a new thread

This

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/3/2013 6:51 AM

I'm surprised you didn't list diameter too. That makes a difference as well. I wouldn't want a 2.35 momentum in the rear being 21" diameter

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/3/2013 11:38 AM

Cult is making a 2.4 Dehart, just saying.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]