UC Davis or Stony Brook??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2015 5:19 AM

I am form Taiwan and planning on spending a year in the U.S as an exchange student next year. The schools I can choose are UC Davis and Stony Brook University.

Since I don't have a car in the US, I want to choose a place where the campus itself is great for riding. It would be even better if there is a skatepark which isn't distant. It would be great if i can ride with some local riders in the US.

Please give me some advise, thanks!!

|

11/29/2015 5:35 AM

Don't base your choice of college off of how rideable the campus is

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/29/2015 5:45 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

Don't base your choice of college off of how rideable the campus is

I'm spending only 1 year there anyway, and both of their academic seem okey for me. So i still want to choose a place which is more rideable.

|

11/29/2015 9:12 AM

uc davis has a famous gap. v fun i'd say davis plus its bay area

|

13 years old

11/29/2015 9:48 AM

davis

|

11/29/2015 10:08 AM

Krooked wrote:

uc davis has a famous gap. v fun i'd say davis plus its bay area

Ehh it's not really Bay Area. You'd have to drive a little bit. It's closer to Sacramento though. I haven't really ridden out that way at all...Stony Brook might be cool since its NY and I'm sure there's HELLA street stuff in that area. But, then again Davis probably had a bunch of street stuff especially Sacramento. You can always take an Amtrack train to Sac or SF or something as well and it's not really expensive. That will open up your riding scene by a lot!

|

11/29/2015 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2015 11:31 AM

riding by the SF pier is super fun and also theres chinatown.
Tickets for Caltrans are only $6 there and back.

|

11/29/2015 12:17 PM

it is 32 degrees right now in NY. i suggest just go to uc davis. i dont think you would be able to handle new york weather its cold wet.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/29/2015 7:46 PM

Thanks, guys! You really helped a lot!

|

11/29/2015 8:30 PM

California is going to fall into the ocean ,
Beware

|

11/30/2015 9:23 PM

I'm from Cali so I'd say Cali. Davis is a very isolated town. far from much else if you don't have a car. buuuut its really just a college town that has a super ingrained bicycle culture for many years so go do bunnyhops in front some hot chicks or something and get some or a thing. also I'm very sure there will be other bmxers at Davis that you could ride with, big riding scene I'm the Davis/Sacramento area

|

wallride a bus everyday

12/1/2015 7:48 AM

I would suggest somewhere with a mild winter for sure. You can ALWAYS find a spot to ride wherever you go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/1/2015 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2015 10:45 AM

I work at Stony Brook. This is the view from my office. A street-riders dream this campus is. But it's pretty cold today. Too cold for me anyway. There are many factors that students consider when choosing a college. How ride-able the campus is? That's a first! Photo

|