Underrated riders

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2021 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 1:09 PM

Who do you feel never got their shine or could have got more .
Josh betley
Garrett hoogerhyde
Danny hickerson
Rory ellis
Davey watson
Josh heino

|

6/7/2021 2:10 PM

None of those riders you listed where undertrated

|

6/7/2021 2:16 PM

eskimojay wrote:

None of those riders you listed where undertrated

None of the riders he listed where undertarted.

I agree. Though I only heard of Hickerson, Heino and Betley.

|

6/7/2021 3:10 PM

Not sure if he’s underrated, but I just don’t ever hear anyone mention his name unless their talking about his sig frame: Craig Passero, love watching him ride.

|

6/7/2021 3:11 PM

I don't know the rest but Heino and Hickerson both had signature frames, so it's hard to label them as "Underrated." Btw did Hickerson stop riding? I know he had an accident years back, but didn't hear much after that besides t1 ect raising funds for him. I know Heino moved on.

|

REF: HELLOMYNAMEISRAD, CKY99, skribblez32

6/7/2021 3:19 PM

Did the Challenger Mag Insta help you think of this post?...Rory was mentioned, hickerson. And Davey was too. Crazy if it wasn't, whats the chances.

Rory and Heino are New England Legends. My hometown friend made the list as well. Its crazy how many badass riders came from Mass. Nick who runs Challenger is another Mass native. He kills it too.

As far as Heino goes, he was not underrated but he did leave the Industry with a bad taste in his mouth. He put out 2 groundbreaking parts but was somewhat overshadowed by Van Homan's parts. He had to stop riding because he couldn't just have chill sessions which is unfortunate, but understandable. His brother was also a great rider.

I rode with Josh when he rode for GT in the mid 90s, and also towards the end of his career when he rode a Credence and would go to Rye, NH. I even rode an Omen in 2000s bc he was such an Iconic New Englander shredder.

|

6/7/2021 3:25 PM

If you think hickerson is underrated than you are stuck in 2005 , that dude hasn’t rode hard in years

|

6/7/2021 3:26 PM

I wish Eddie Cleveland would bust a steezy foot jam tail whip once in a while on Instagram.

|

My mom thinks I’m special

6/7/2021 3:38 PM

I hope everyone is aware that underrated does not mean they aren't recognized in anyway, just that they are better than what most ppl view them as

Even legends can be underrated if you feel like they should be held in higher regards amongst legends...for example if someone thinks Jay miron was just as good or better than Dave mirra and Matt Hoffman when riding vert...in their eyes he is underrated

|

6/7/2021 3:57 PM

younggotti wrote:

I hope everyone is aware that underrated does not mean they aren't recognized in anyway, just that they are better than what ...more

Exactly what I meant. There’s guys who came and went and did a lot for progression then went on different paths. Riders from any year not just modern

|

6/7/2021 4:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you think hickerson is underrated than you are stuck in 2005 , that dude hasn’t rode hard in years

Any rider from any era. Obviously he hasn’t rode in years..

|

6/7/2021 4:18 PM

Chris Wilson
Drew York
Sean Gardner
Craig Kleckner
Greg Sumida
Adam Rager
Ryan Wert

Lots and lots of mid 2000's names but if you know, then you know.

|

6/7/2021 4:39 PM

Miron was underrated. He never got the credit he deserved IMO and many would agree. He def walked away feeling that way. Which is a shame because in similar regards Mirra always felt like an outcast with core bmx dudes.

There were a lot of politics in the 90s and 00s, Hoffman ran many of the contests. Including the early 90s BS contests where Jay killed it on Vert, Street and Flat. McCoy was the only other guy riding at that level competing in all 3 as well.

Miron was Hoffman's biggest competitor in the early 90s, until Dave started catching up in 94/95. All 3 were teammates until something soured a year or 2 later.

McCoy also ran contests, and there were politics involved but maybe not like Hoffman. McCoy remained friends with Mirra and Hoffman but I dont believe Hoffman, Miron and Mirra stayed friends

|

6/8/2021 12:21 AM

Begin is overrated by kids and underrated by older riders and most of vital

|

smile

6/8/2021 4:33 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

I think he is overrated.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/8/2021 5:07 AM

Garret Reynolds. Cant believe no one named him yet.

|

Husky Nation Member

6/8/2021 5:09 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

Who’s that, Ryan Reynolds’ brother?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

6/8/2021 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 11:52 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I think he is overrated.

Same here. I must be "old"?

|

6/8/2021 6:38 AM

Daniel Sandoval doesn't get the shine as much as others in the park circuit, but he is so extremely talented on a bike and has a unique style.

|

6/8/2021 6:49 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Daniel Sandoval doesn't get the shine as much as others in the park circuit, but he is so extremely talented on a bike and has ...more

I agree.

Also watch for Jacob Theim. He is up and coming but he is going to around a while in the park scene.

|

Husky Nation Member

6/8/2021 6:50 AM

This may sound funny. Ryan Nyquist I think is underrated.
If there is anyone that can do what he is doing at his age i would be surprised. The guy can still throw down.

|

Husky Nation Member

6/8/2021 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 9:10 AM

Niki Croft , Eli platt . Wish there was more from those dudes . Didn’t niki have a bad crash at some point. Might have been in a coma

|

6/8/2021 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 1:45 PM

jibsercise wrote:

Niki Croft , Eli platt . Wish there was more from those dudes . Didn’t niki have a bad crash at some point. Might have been in ...more

100% agree with Niki Croft. His section on the first Brighton aint ready was immense!

|

6/8/2021 2:15 PM

Billy ashby (early-mid 2000s)
Joe mcintyre R.I.P. (early-mid 2000s)
Joe cox (early-mids 2000s)
Lord Leopold (current)

Those are just a few dudes that I can think of that could have used a little more recognition if they weren't getting it already.

|

6/8/2021 2:16 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Daniel Sandoval doesn't get the shine as much as others in the park circuit, but he is so extremely talented on a bike and has ...more

His nose dive super man seat grab 360 is a fucken thing of beauty

|

6/8/2021 2:35 PM

baglagrupie wrote:

How is Garrett underrated tf

|

smile

6/8/2021 2:39 PM

It’s cool seeing Billy Ashby’s name mentioned. I feel like a lot of the shitluck team were underrated. I can’t even find a photo of Marcus Grubbs on the internet so I might have his name wrong. Was on We The People for a while, I grew up seeing him kill it at the Louisville skatepark.

|

My mom thinks I’m special

6/8/2021 3:06 PM

IndianaTom wrote:

It’s cool seeing Billy Ashby’s name mentioned. I feel like a lot of the shitluck team were underrated. I can’t even find a ...more

Marcus Grubbs! The dude filmed some awesome stuff .

|

6/8/2021 5:45 PM

Me! haha

|

6/8/2021 6:06 PM

Joey McIntyre (RIP)...yes!

One of my favorites to watch is Mark Gralla. I love watching his Animal video parts....so good and smooth. His wall rides are just cool the way he gets back to the flat ground....such style.

|