United KL40 Expert

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 5:27 PM

I ride street and I know this bike is ment for dirt ridding but, do you guys think it would be good for street. The things that sketch me out are the hubs and the frame specs. The back ends pree long and the head tubes not to steep and the female axles from what I hear are weak and not to good for grinds ecstatically because their stock females. The reson I ask this is because im bikeless right now and I know a guy from my lbs and he said he'd order me in a United KL40 and it'll only cost 450 after taxes and stuff and since I'm in Canada that's an awesome deal. He also said he'd give me some free tune ups.

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/4/2013 5:51 PM

1. It will be ok for street, BUT keep in mind you will adapt to just about anything over time.
2. Female axles are typically stronger against bending, stripping out is most commonly the issue.
3. Longer rear means stability at higher speeds, less twitchy, slower spins.
4. Shallow headtube means it is less responsive.

It will probably be fine, but see if he can get a more street bike for you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2013 11:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

1. It will be ok for street, BUT keep in mind you will adapt to just about anything over time.
2. Female axles are typically stronger against bending, stripping out is most commonly the issue.
3. Longer rear means stability at higher speeds, less twitchy, slower spins.
4. Shallow headtube means it is less responsive.

It will probably be fine, but see if he can get a more street bike for you.

Thanks

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/4/2013 11:07 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about rear end length or head tube angle, they vary very little nowadays and even both ends of the spectrum are quite ridable for any terrain

|