United Su2?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2013 7:12 PM

I'm selling my bike for 650 and Ill have enough for this and Im getting a new sprocket for it but I wanted to know about the stem it's one of those alloy stock stems and 3 of my friends have had them 2 of them had free agent ones and my other one had a united rn2 and they slipped a shit ton so I just wanted to know if it was just them not tightening them or if it was the stem. If it is the stem then ill just get a animal remix stem for it and a United metro sprocket. has anyone rode that sprocket is it good?

|

6/11/2013 7:40 PM

I recommend not getting it.... Like I said before you already have a custom nearly, if you want a new frame just buy a new/used frame. You're going to be spending a lot more to buy a stock bike then upgrade everything. And stock bikes aren't that great.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/11/2013 7:48 PM

Four wrote:

I recommend not getting it.... Like I said before you already have a custom nearly, if you want a new frame just buy a new/used frame. You're going to be spending a lot more to buy a stock bike then upgrade everything. And stock bikes aren't that great.

I hate my bike now idk why the only part I like is my stem and my tires and I also hate cult and my bars and forks are cult and I hate odyssey hubs for some reason I just feel like not dealing with buying new parts I hate my bike so much that I havn't rode in 2 week I just can't I can't air for shit but I hop on someone elses bike and I air a good hight.

|

6/11/2013 7:50 PM

Four wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

I hate my bike now idk why the only part I like is my stem and my tires and I also hate cult and my bars and forks are cult and I hate odyssey hubs for some reason I just feel like not dealing with buying new parts I hate my bike so much that I havn't rode in 2 week I just can't I can't air for shit but I hop on someone elses bike and I air a good hight.

Like I said, then sell your parts and buy used parts or a used bike or trade people. Stock bikes are not worth it unless you're just getting into riding and then you're spending even more to make it custom when you could just build a new bike once instead of buying two bikes.

|

6/11/2013 8:02 PM

Four wrote:

Like I said, then sell your parts and buy used parts or a used bike or trade people. Stock bikes are not worth it unless you're just getting into riding and then you're spending even more to make it custom when you could just build a new bike once instead of buying two bikes.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1315217/ ?

|

6/11/2013 8:10 PM

Fuck yeah! That bikes pretty rad. I'm a tad biased towards fly but it's got nice parts too.

|

6/11/2013 8:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2013 8:17 PM

Four wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1315217/ ?

Four wrote:

Fuck yeah! That bikes pretty rad. I'm a tad biased towards fly but it's got nice parts too.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9679413/ it's these 2 or the united and if I get any of the 2 id get new bars and stem and put touch up paint on the back rim of the sunday

|

6/11/2013 8:25 PM

How much/what is the specs of the sunday? What do you ride mostly? I'd get either one over the united.

|

6/11/2013 8:30 PM

Four wrote:

How much/what is the specs of the sunday? What do you ride mostly? I'd get either one over the united.

20.5 ian schwartz frame
sunday morning 2.1 forks
animal jumpoff (getting jumpoff remix if I buy it)
odyssey lumberjacks uncut ( Getting animal action bars if I buy it or other bars that are 8.25)
animal cush seat
3pc profile clones
28t animal sprocket
macneil face pedals
primo wheels
fit faf-k 2.25 tires
macneil fashionably light pegs

|

6/11/2013 8:40 PM

Yeah both sound good, I'd go with the fly but it's up to you, I've rode both fly and the ian and both are nice if you want a longer tt get the fly.

|

6/11/2013 8:48 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah both sound good, I'd go with the fly but it's up to you, I've rode both fly and the ian and both are nice if you want a longer tt get the fly.

Well Ill go to the park tommarow and ride a 21 and 20.5 and see what I like better

|

6/11/2013 8:55 PM

Four wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

Well Ill go to the park tommarow and ride a 21 and 20.5 and see what I like better

Sounds good to me. I've rode both 20.5 and 21. I like the 21 better (my frame now) I'm 5'8 but really it's all personal preference.

|

6/11/2013 9:31 PM

If it aint broke, then dont fix it. haha man, just trade out a few parts. lil stuff here and there and a bike will feel amazing.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.