United Supreme Rear Wheel

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2017 5:25 AM

I've searched the forum for previous posts, but I can't dig up anything.

I'm looking at fairly budget rear wheels and Source BMX have a United Supreme Cassette rear wheel for dirt cheap.

Has anyone had any experience with these? It says it's a 4 pawl cassette. Should I expect good engagement etc?

The other option is a Colony rear wheel with the cassette hub.

Cheers

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/17/2017 5:29 AM

I dont know man.... wheels are one of those things you really don't want to cheap out on... if your looking for a wheel just save a little more and build a nice custom wheel.... or even just look in the for sale section here on Vital....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/17/2017 6:17 AM

Yeah that's true I did look at a custom build as then I can get it exactly how I want etc. But it does mean spending an extra £100 at least, which isn't ideal.

I really want a profile hub, but I don't know much about the whole female axle thing. Most guys I see with Profile hubs don't run pegs. But I run two pegs and do a lot of grinds/stalls only park stuff.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/17/2017 12:02 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Yeah that's true I did look at a custom build as then I can get it exactly how I want etc. But it does mean spending an extra ...more

Female axles are actually stronger than a male axle... as long as you get the 14mm female axle for the profile hub you should be fine...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/17/2017 2:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2017 2:32 PM

If youre looking for cheap and strong, go with a mission Convoy.

Good price and super solid, plus they will back it up if you experience any problems.

|

11/18/2017 9:31 PM

contrary to the first reply, a wheel is a great place to save cash, considering they're made of hubs, rims, spokes, wheelbuild costs,etc. if you get it all in a prebuilt package wheel deal, your saving money and if you get that on discount your saving even more money.

but yeah, I know nothing about that wheel.i run an on sale antigram to sale spokes to fullprixce birdcage, litwate!

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/18/2017 11:37 PM

Find some sales groups on Facebook, there's always kids selling practically brand new wheels cheap on there.

But, I'm sure the United wheel will do its job for a while

|

11/19/2017 12:29 AM

Cheers for the input everyone.

I have been keeping an eye on Facebook marketplace etc, but nothing that fits what I want has come up yet.

I’ll be giving the Source Black Friday sale a go.

|