United supreme build kit

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 4:11 PM

Ive been looking around and I was thinking that I should just get the build kit from United, however I have some questions about it. How are the hubs for leading grinds? Any parts that I should just replace on it right away? And which frame should I get my choices are S&M ATF 20.5 or the Sunday Soundwave V2 20.5?

Build kit > https://www.danscomp.com/search/Build%20kit.html

Frames > https://www.danscomp.com/products/211578/S&M_ATF_Frame.html

https://www.danscomp.com/products/211773/Sunday_Soundwave_V2_Frame.html

|

5/30/2016 4:40 PM

Get the s&m frame and the United supreme kit looks solid the only thing I'd replace would be that dinky little 25 tooth sprocket with a 30 tooth for a better gear ratio

|

5/30/2016 5:35 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get the s&m frame and the United supreme kit looks solid the only thing I'd replace would be that dinky little 25 tooth ...more

That's what I was planning on getting, I'm gonna change the cranks and sprocket to thunderbolts and la guardia sprocket. Thanks

|

5/30/2016 6:34 PM

My friend has the 2014 United Supreme build kid, he got it in December 2013 or January 2014. I forget. But the parts are basically the same as the 2016 build kit, so they're pretty much the same.

So far he's snapped the handle bars, bent the forks (dropouts AND legs), somehow broke the seat post since it's one of those weird ones with a sleeve, snapped a piece off the sprocket, snapped the chain, and dinged up the back rim.

Everything else is holding up just fine, minus the parts like grips, tires, barends, etc, that will no doubt need replaced every now & then. The hubs hold up just fine, although the driver bearings like to move around but tapping them back in fixes that.

So if I were you, I'd just ride it till stuff breaks but save up for when stuff does end up breaking.

Also, get the Sunday Soundwave. Last frame you'll ever need (literally) cause they are super strong, and if you do end up breaking it, it has a lifetime warranty unlike S&M which only offers a year warranty, then after that you only get crash replacement discount (Which is fine if you like spending money, apparently getting free frames and saving money is frowned upon these parts though)

|

5/30/2016 9:06 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

My friend has the 2014 United Supreme build kid, he got it in December 2013 or January 2014. I forget. But the parts are ...more

I didn't know that about the soundwave, that compels changed my mind! Thanks

|

6/5/2016 8:01 PM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

That's what I was planning on getting, I'm gonna change the cranks and sprocket to thunderbolts and la guardia sprocket. ...more

I'll buy those cranks and sprocket from you, if you're interested in selling them.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/6/2016 3:13 AM

I've got nothing against Sunday as a brand in any way whatsoever. But get the s&m. Mainly because that wave tubing looks fucking disgusting. And even though they have live time warranty, you could still break it. 20.5 is short, and I'm guessing you've still got room to grow so you'll probably want a longer tt in a couple of years anyway. Plus you get that feeling of pride from owning an s&m that only a couple of brands can compete with

|

6/6/2016 8:33 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Ive been looking around and I was thinking that I should just get the build kit from United, however I have some questions ...more

I agree that the Sunday soundwave is the way to go! You get used to the look of the wave tubing and after a couple days you will love it. It helps a ton to keep your tt and dt from denting all to crap on crank slides and bad bails. Odyssey and Sunday warranty is amazing and even if something happens that is not under warranty (Like worn out cranks after 6 years) they still hook you up with new ones to keep you riding. I have had two Sunday frames and neither of them are broken. My original complete Sunday frame is still in near perfect shape after 4 years of heavy grinding abuse, and now I have a soundwave. The only reason I got a new frame was that I got tired of the silver the stock frame was and I wanted geometry that was a little more responsive. Definitely the soundwave is the best frame you will ever ride and as soon as you start doing tricks on it you will be kicking yourself for not buying one sooner. Love the solid feel of all Sunday bikes.

|

6/6/2016 1:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got nothing against Sunday as a brand in any way whatsoever. But get the s&m. Mainly because that wave tubing looks ...more

Looks

|

6/7/2016 11:38 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Ive been looking around and I was thinking that I should just get the build kit from United, however I have some questions ...more

Photo

This doesn't really answer your questions but this is my ATF built up with a United build kit. I swapped out the grips, tires, bars and chain. This is an older build kit - the one that used to come with Cinema 777 rims. I've had some issues with the rear hub making a popping noise sometimes. Actually not sure if it's the hub or cranks.

|