United vs. Premium.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2014 7:59 AM

Which is the better product out of the Premium Duo and United KL40 Expert. I'm getting a good deal on both but I've never used either one of the products. Which is stronger?

|

1/9/2014 8:05 AM

Well considering the fact that premium is shit, United.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/9/2014 8:26 AM

Go for the United.

|

1/9/2014 8:35 AM

Federal

|

1/9/2014 8:47 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Federal

I'm guessing you're saying that because United is to Federal as what Cult is to Fit?

|

1/9/2014 2:57 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Federal

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm guessing you're saying that because United is to Federal as what Cult is to Fit?

I'm not sure I am following this analogy as fit and cult have nothing to do with one another they aren't even close to bring sibling companies

|

1/9/2014 3:10 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

I'm not sure I am following this analogy as fit and cult have nothing to do with one another they aren't even close to bring sibling companies

because Robbie Morales left fit and started cult and took some of fits riders with him

|

1/9/2014 3:15 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Federal

BMX_Forever wrote:

SecretBMX wrote:

They have everything to do with each other. Cult wouldn't exist if Robbie hadn't left Fit, and United wouldn't exist if (insert guys name who I cannot fucking remember) hadn't left Federal.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/9/2014 3:27 PM

united, i and a lot of my friends got united completes, they hold up pretty well
frame is still going strong after 2.5 years

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/9/2014 3:35 PM

Fit in my opinion isn't as strong of a company as Cult, but when i say they have nothing to do with each other i mean strictly in a business sense, Riders aside Cult is very much its own company if anything it shares more of its features with Verde then anything else (Considering they are manufactured and distributed by same company) United if i recall now falls under the same umbrella as Fit, in accordance with who actually manufactures their products and distributes them S+M also falls into that umbrella as does ODI and RI. Feel free to check facts.

|

1/9/2014 3:38 PM

As for the topic at hand i would go with United, they use good materials and the bikes hold up really well, Premium is like buying a high end car your paying for a name for a product that is just ok

|

1/9/2014 3:50 PM

Both bikes are probably made at the same factory, just get whichever one looks Cooler

|

fack off

1/9/2014 3:50 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

SecretBMX wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

They have everything to do with each other. Cult wouldn't exist if Robbie hadn't left Fit, and United wouldn't exist if (insert guys name who I cannot fucking remember) hadn't left Federal.

I think he guy your thinking of is Ian Morris

|

1/9/2014 4:40 PM

Is this a joke or for real.

Fucking United is the best company out there , it was my first BMX bike and that lil thing lasted YEARS. The staff is amazing , they generally care for you. I've facebook and emailed United and the response I get back it the most respectful , understanding , and helpful you could get.

Parts and team wise , they kill it. Nathan Williams , Corey Martinez who are mainstream and destroy everything they get put infront of , then you have style shredders like Alex Valentino and Kye/Leo Forte. Parts they make are great and reliable. Really cool too.

These threads shouldn't exist. I really dislike Premium but instead of downgrading them like normally , I gave you my honest opinion about one of the best bike companies to date. DEFINATELY look into United and support them , they are legit.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/10/2014 1:21 PM

I really like the way that the 2014 KL 40 Expert rides. It is very well balanced and seems quite a bit nicer than the 2013 model. Keep it mind that United designed the KL 40 series for smoother riding styles, which generally means no pegs. Also, it is has a 21" top tube so if you're under 5' 8" or so it might feel a bit long.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/10/2014 5:10 PM

transition_chris wrote:

I really like the way that the 2014 KL 40 Expert rides. It is very well balanced and seems quite a bit nicer than the 2013 model. Keep it mind that United designed the KL 40 series for smoother riding styles, which generally means no pegs. Also, it is has a 21" top tube so if you're under 5' 8" or so it might feel a bit long.

Yea I'm 5'7 but I like longer frames. I'm not really looking to get pegs but if I wanted to in the future I'm sure I could right? Also would the United Supreme build kit work with a 2013 MirraCo Velle frame that I have laying around? Or should I just get the complete and upgrade later on.

|

1/10/2014 5:41 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Fit in my opinion isn't as strong of a company as Cult, but when i say they have nothing to do with each other i mean strictly in a business sense, Riders aside Cult is very much its own company if anything it shares more of its features with Verde then anything else (Considering they are manufactured and distributed by same company) United if i recall now falls under the same umbrella as Fit, in accordance with who actually manufactures their products and distributes them S+M also falls into that umbrella as does ODI and RI. Feel free to check facts.

For some one starting a shop, I feel like you may want to do some more research. Cult may be manufactured by the same company as Verde, but are distributed by Tip Plus, while Verde is distributed by Greenhouse. And Fit is manufactured by S&M, who, brace yourselves, also manufactures S&M parts (shocker, I know) United is not made by S&M and is only affiliated due to distro by the same company. ODI is distributed by 10 different people, I swear. And also, If you had read my earlier comment, you would know that business wise, the owner of Cult used to be involved in the management of Fit (although you hear different stories from him and Moeller on whether or not he owned any part of it)

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/11/2014 2:06 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Txgoon wrote:

Yea I'm 5'7 but I like longer frames. I'm not really looking to get pegs but if I wanted to in the future I'm sure I could right? Also would the United Supreme build kit work with a 2013 MirraCo Velle frame that I have laying around? Or should I just get the complete and upgrade later on.

Ya you could definitely put pegs on it, but it's not really built for someone who is more grind focused.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/11/2014 11:02 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Ya you could definitely put pegs on it, but it's not really built for someone who is more grind focused.

I'm most likely going for the United but I'm also looking at the '13 Sunday Seeley Broadcaster which is a 20.75. Which is better for street/park/dirt because I'm most likely doing a lot of each? I'm not really into grinding either.

|