Universal Sony VX Substitute!!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2014 3:20 PM

Hello everyone,
My name is Casey and I am the inventor of The Stingray Handle. The Stingray is an action camera stabilizer that allows you to mount almost any camera or phone you own and get shots like the Sony VX cameras! We are working on getting these produced and are patent pending but just need the money to start manufacturing. Please go fund us on indiegogo at http://igg.me/at/TheStingray so you will be able to film awesome videos without spending thousands by early next year! Thanks for any help and tell me what you think.Photo

|

11/10/2014 3:43 PM

Wow, not like this was done like 5 years ago or anything. Not like you can get a tripod mount for GoPros and phones to put on cheap $20 X-Grips or whatever. And the fact that you call it a "Sony VX replacement" is fucking stupid in every single way.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/10/2014 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:45 PM

nothing will replace the vx
i know its stupid, but i love standard def footage
, dslr's arent made for fliming or video and it looks a lot worse
hd camcorders are different, they are designed for it and work, red cameras look great as well
but that is a piece of trash, there are a thousand exactly like it all over ebay
plus the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL is 60$ to get one of those, i could get 3 of those off ebay for the same price
that is all

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/10/2014 4:52 PM

You come on here, talk down on the vx, and tghen ask us to fund your patent when all you have is a picture of some generic handle? You aint getting my money after talking down on the vx.; Vx is legend and will never be forgotten

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/10/2014 5:13 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/10/2014 7:33 PM

It's a neat concept & all, but does it even have a bolt that would mount into cameras that use that? Seems like they would easily fall out.

Another issue is the price, how much is it going to be? Because you can rig together one using metal brackets & stuff from Lowes, for cheap. Or if you have an old pair of handle bars laying around, a hack saw, and a drill, you can do it free like I did for a friend of mine

Photo

I had ideas to make a rig that would screw into the hole & hold like an iPhone or something, but never actually got around to doing that.




Also a camera handle is not going to replace an actual camera. That would be silly.

|

11/10/2014 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:45 PM

it looks like its held in with a vice!
absolutely horrible mounting idea

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/10/2014 7:57 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

it looks like its held in with a vice!
absolutely horrible mounting idea

This was my first thought as well, I would not trust a several hundred-several thousand dollar camera in that thing at all. The idea is cool since it adjusts, but I'd rather not risk having a super expensive camera fall out if moved the wrong way. Much rather have it bolted in, as is the norm

|

11/10/2014 8:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:45 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

it looks like its held in with a vice!
absolutely horrible mounting idea

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This was my first thought as well, I would not trust a several hundred-several thousand dollar camera in that thing at all. The idea is cool since it adjusts, but I'd rather not risk having a super expensive camera fall out if moved the wrong way. Much rather have it bolted in, as is the norm

i think its designed for phones and gopros, but its still stupid as hell

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/10/2014 8:15 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i think its designed for phones and gopros, but its still stupid as hell

I thought GoPros came with a mount for them? So really the only advantage to this handle would be holding a phone, and even then I still wouldn't trust it cause it can work itself loose and fly out.

|

11/10/2014 11:01 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

nothing will replace the vx
i know its stupid, but i love standard def footage
, dslr's arent made for fliming or video and it looks a lot worse
hd camcorders are different, they are designed for it and work, red cameras look great as well
but that is a piece of trash, there are a thousand exactly like it all over ebay
plus the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL is 60$ to get one of those, i could get 3 of those off ebay for the same price
that is all

I just want to be clear that if I had the money I would by a vx just to have one. That being said I don't have $2000 to go buy one so I innovated a way off of the vx's filming style to allow someone to take the best camera that they had and style get shots as if the had a vx. And you have to realize that crowd funding is not a store I choose to give certain perks to better help funding, I am actually losing (Percentage wise) more on that option than any of the others but I'm trying to get people to start helping and getting it out there. Plus mine is the only one I have found that will allow for a gopro, contour, point and shoot, DSLR, and various smart phones to all fit on the same piece of equipment without buying adapters.

|

11/11/2014 1:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2014 1:32 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

nothing will replace the vx
i know its stupid, but i love standard def footage
, dslr's arent made for fliming or video and it looks a lot worse
hd camcorders are different, they are designed for it and work, red cameras look great as well
but that is a piece of trash, there are a thousand exactly like it all over ebay
plus the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL is 60$ to get one of those, i could get 3 of those off ebay for the same price
that is all

TheStingray wrote:

I just want to be clear that if I had the money I would by a vx just to have one. That being said I don't have $2000 to go buy one so I innovated a way off of the vx's filming style to allow someone to take the best camera that they had and style get shots as if the had a vx. And you have to realize that crowd funding is not a store I choose to give certain perks to better help funding, I am actually losing (Percentage wise) more on that option than any of the others but I'm trying to get people to start helping and getting it out there. Plus mine is the only one I have found that will allow for a gopro, contour, point and shoot, DSLR, and various smart phones to all fit on the same piece of equipment without buying adapters.

Vx2000 go for 4-600 all day on eBay, not 2k
Also, it doesn't appear to have enough clearance for a full size dslr and your fist to grip it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/11/2014 1:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:46 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

nothing will replace the vx
i know its stupid, but i love standard def footage
, dslr's arent made for fliming or video and it looks a lot worse
hd camcorders are different, they are designed for it and work, red cameras look great as well
but that is a piece of trash, there are a thousand exactly like it all over ebay
plus the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL is 60$ to get one of those, i could get 3 of those off ebay for the same price
that is all

TheStingray wrote:

I just want to be clear that if I had the money I would by a vx just to have one. That being said I don't have $2000 to go buy one so I innovated a way off of the vx's filming style to allow someone to take the best camera that they had and style get shots as if the had a vx. And you have to realize that crowd funding is not a store I choose to give certain perks to better help funding, I am actually losing (Percentage wise) more on that option than any of the others but I'm trying to get people to start helping and getting it out there. Plus mine is the only one I have found that will allow for a gopro, contour, point and shoot, DSLR, and various smart phones to all fit on the same piece of equipment without buying adapters.

You also didn't invent anything. These camera handles have been around for years

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/11/2014 1:39 AM

And finally "Flexible Funding: This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal."
So what happens when you don't reach your high goal of 55k in 27 days, but say 10 people payed for the stingray option? How do you fulfill your promise to deliver this product if you don't get enough to buy the mold?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/11/2014 3:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2014 3:31 AM

55k goal you're dreaming

PS your logo is terrible

|

11/11/2014 3:36 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

And finally "Flexible Funding: This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal."
So what happens when you don't reach your high goal of 55k in 27 days, but say 10 people payed for the stingray option? How do you fulfill your promise to deliver this product if you don't get enough to buy the mold?

I am actually trying to see if indiegogo will change it for me because anything but the full amount is really useless, but if I can't I am looking at ways to get angel investors to get me to the 55k mark.

|

11/11/2014 3:42 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

It's a neat concept & all, but does it even have a bolt that would mount into cameras that use that? Seems like they would easily fall out.

Another issue is the price, how much is it going to be? Because you can rig together one using metal brackets & stuff from Lowes, for cheap. Or if you have an old pair of handle bars laying around, a hack saw, and a drill, you can do it free like I did for a friend of mine

Photo

I had ideas to make a rig that would screw into the hole & hold like an iPhone or something, but never actually got around to doing that.




Also a camera handle is not going to replace an actual camera. That would be silly.

In the end it would have a thumb screw on each clamp to keep them secure and we will do a lot of testing to make sure they most likely should not fall out but no 100% promise bit I wouldn't want my camera falling out either so we will work to keep them safe. I also believe in a fair price for everyone so $20-$25, $30 would be the max. And the goal is to replace or better substitute a regular camera and a handle in the place of the vx that has both

|