Unknown frames worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2018 2:44 PM

Still on the hunt for decent frames and parts on eBay- any thoughts on these? The seller isn’t sure of the brand or much else about them but some of the parts look decent- I can’t tell what kind of crankset is in the blue one it looks like it could possibly have a spindle in w/ sealed bearings but I’m probably wrong. And the cranks on the black one appear to be good quality, hoping sealed. Any info or advice or guesses are appreciated thanks again guys

|

12/3/2018 2:47 PM

Top is a Kink

|

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

12/3/2018 2:48 PM

How much you trying to spend?

|

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

12/3/2018 3:04 PM

Dude stop trying to buy second hand rusted garbage. None of the bikes you've posted look like they're safe to ride. Just get a Mongoose Legion L100. If you can't afford that, then keep saving up. Christmas is right around the corner.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/3/2018 3:37 PM

No those all look like crap honestly

|

12/3/2018 3:51 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Dude stop trying to buy second hand rusted garbage. None of the bikes you've posted look like they're safe to ride. Just get a Mongoose Legion L100. If you can't afford that, then keep saving up. Christmas is right around the corner.

This af^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/3/2018 4:11 PM

I tried buying used stuff to fix up on a budget. It's not worth it.

|

12/3/2018 5:35 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This af^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah I wish I could afford a new bike I would totally go with the L100 but unfortunately that’s not my situation. I’m 20 and I barely make it by paycheck to paycheck rn with rent, phone, insurance, food and everything else. My companies doing bonuses this year, I’ve been here for awhile so I’m gonna be getting $150 and was hoping to be able to get a majority of the components that I need with that I see that’s not really a reality

|

12/3/2018 5:38 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This af^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DELMAR wrote:

Yeah I wish I could afford a new bike I would totally go with the L100 but unfortunately that’s not my situation. I’m 20 and I barely make it by paycheck to paycheck rn with rent, phone, insurance, food and everything else. My companies doing bonuses this year, I’ve been here for awhile so I’m gonna be getting $150 and was hoping to be able to get a majority of the components that I need with that I see that’s not really a reality

Save up for the L100. You can probably find a 2017/18 model on sale somewhere

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/3/2018 11:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 11:42 PM

do you make your own meals instead of eating out?

buy dried beans and rice and pasta , etc. learn to cook. make great food. save money. etc

sell drugs?
suck the D?
rob the liquor store...?
give blood?

lots of ways to save ...

another way to get more money, even though it sucks, is get another job. maybe weekends or whatever. know you'll only be there until you get enough money for your needs.

it''s worth it to save and wait to buy something decent. otherwise you'll spend money twice.

|

12/4/2018 12:26 AM

Join bmx buy sell groups on fb, you'll get a good recent frame cheap. There's loads out there, and ebay is usually a sellers last resort.

|

12/4/2018 4:19 AM

I found a fully rideable, very decent DK bike on letgo. Asking price was $90, I got him to agree to $50. Problem is, my wife said I can't get another bike until I come up with a storage plan... Deals are out there! You just need to keep looking. You can set alerts on facebook marketplace, letgo, craigslist for "BMX" that way, as soon as someone posts something, you'll get that alert. I'm sure you can find something for $150, hell...I see nice ass bikes for $150-$200 all the time on those online marketplaces.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

12/4/2018 4:30 AM

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

12/4/2018 4:32 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This af^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DELMAR wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Save up for the L100. You can probably find a 2017/18 model on sale somewhere

Check with Amazon on the Legion L100 around now. You might find a killer deal in the coming weeks (ideally, you should have started looking around Black Friday). I believe Bulletpup (the L100 king around these parts) was able to get an open box deal from Amazon for like $180 shipped (I believe he's a Prime member). But, yeah, you just don't know what you are getting into with the used stuff you have listed. I mean, you have no place to begin your research when they say "I don't know what it is...." & it looks like a ratted out POS. Hell, the one blue frame has an American BB. Steer clear of that. Of the ones listed (& I'm NOT advocating buying any of these) I'd look at the black one with the wishbone stays and the "box" seat stay brace. You might be able to figure out what that is. Most cheap completes don't go into that much detail for a cheap bike. That is not to say it isn't an old, beat bike, however. & If you can't figure out what it is, it's hardly worth anything.

|

12/4/2018 4:43 AM

Found this in your area. It's overpriced for a hi-tens/crmo bike but you might be able to talk him down. It would get you riding. But, like Tim said, Christmas is right around the corner. PT jobs are usually available, if even just short temp to make enough for a decent bike (in this case, if the guy wouldn't budge, you'd be $50 less that full price on an L100). Don't forget to look around on this site as well. Sometimes there are great deals to be had. Unfortunately, "a great deal" doesn't necessarily mean a full custom bike for $50. It usually means a custom frame for $100 delivered... or something like that. Which IS a great deal. But it doesn't help you if you are dirt poor. & once you have the frame, you'd have to build it & that wouldn't be cheap either.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/d/we-the-people-arcade-bmx/6762764788.html

|

12/4/2018 6:18 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This af^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DELMAR wrote:

for 200 i'll send you a fit complete, just don't have the brakes for it. adambmx1990@yahoo.com, email me and I'll send you pics if you're interested

|

fack off

12/4/2018 6:26 AM

Sell plasma, it's like $70-80/week for a few hours of your time. That's how I got my disposable income while I was in school

|

12/4/2018 6:40 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

Sell plasma, it's like $70-80/week for a few hours of your time. That's how I got my disposable income while I was in school

you can sell a testicle for like 10-15 grand if you pass the requirements

|

fack off

12/4/2018 6:53 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

Same here

|

12/4/2018 6:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2018 10:36 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

More info? Sounds pretty badass to make some $$$ lol

|

12/4/2018 10:33 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

www.biolife.com

This is where I go (locally of course).

They take a little blood out, spin the plasma out, and put the blood back with a little saline. Takes around an hour at a time.

Hit me up if you want a referral that will possible hook you up with extra $.

Looks like you would have to go to one of the Houston locations for Biolife.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2018 10:37 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Go to a plasma center. They do a few tests to make sure you do not have any STD’s. They then take a small blood sample from your finger, and get your height/weight. If you meet the criteria you can then donate. Depending on your body weight they determined how much they take. The then stick a needle in your arm, it draw a bunch of blood out, which is run through a machine to separate the plasma. Takes about an hour. Then your blood is put back. They then deposit money onto a debit card.

It was a pretty good gig when I was in college. $35 for the first time, and $50 for the second...so you could make $85/week for about two hours time.

|

12/4/2018 11:53 AM

bobPA wrote:

Go to a plasma center. They do a few tests to make sure you do not have any STD’s. They then take a small blood sample from your finger, and get your height/weight. If you meet the criteria you can then donate. Depending on your body weight they determined how much they take. The then stick a needle in your arm, it draw a bunch of blood out, which is run through a machine to separate the plasma. Takes about an hour. Then your blood is put back. They then deposit money onto a debit card.

It was a pretty good gig when I was in college. $35 for the first time, and $50 for the second...so you could make $85/week for about two hours time.

In 7 weeks I can get that custom FBM frame I've been wanting...

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

12/4/2018 12:14 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

bobPA wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

In 7 weeks I can get that custom FBM frame I've been wanting...

I like your style.

|

12/4/2018 12:18 PM

Swaggy P wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

bobPA wrote:

Lol, like Jake's got any std's XD

Do you get a cup of tea and a biscuit? You do over here. Not sure if my blood is good enough to donate. It's too pegless and salty.

|

12/4/2018 12:41 PM

Nevemind if that shit's got me removing lots of blood and shit fuuuuuuuck that. I fuckin haaaaate needles. I'll keep working for my dads construction buisness

And I don't have STDs lol. I actually got shots to become immune to them so I ain't catchin STDs anytime soon

|

12/4/2018 1:17 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Nevemind if that shit's got me removing lots of blood and shit fuuuuuuuck that. I fuckin haaaaate needles. I'll keep working for my dads construction buisness

And I don't have STDs lol. I actually got shots to become immune to them so I ain't catchin STDs anytime soon

That's exactly what someone with an STD would say to hide the real reason they can't donate plasma

|

12/4/2018 2:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Do you get a cup of tea and a biscuit? You do over here. Not sure if my blood is good enough to donate. It's too pegless and salty.

Over here, we get a pint of Guinness when we give blood

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/4/2018 2:46 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

bobPA wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I think they offered a cookie after, it has been a long time since I donated haha. The place I donated in college was nice, very clean and professional. Our local one looks like you’ll get herpes just walking into the front door.

|

12/4/2018 2:49 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Sure there's not another reason you're not catching std's? XD

|