Update for anyone that cares

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2018 10:08 AM

Some of you might now i have been injured since may. Bassically due to breaking my left collarbone twice in the past, it healed in a bad position kind of like it had sunken into my body. I had a tiny fall in may (trying to make a right turn, slipped in a puddle) that did it in and the collarbone started putting pressure on a main nerve group that runs behind the collarbone, causing me to lose some muscle function. It doctors months to figure this out as they had originally said “ your fine just take it easy for a couple weeks.” Finally, i am getting surgery to hopefully fix all this for good. They are going to reconstruct my collarbone by cutting it into three pieces, taking the middle piece out, and pulling the other two together at the front of my body and screwing it back together with more titanium. I’m a little nervous about this as i have broken both titanium plates i’ve had in my shoulder in the past. Also the doctor made it very clear that this was going to be a much more complicated surgery than what i have had before and there are a lot more things that could go wrong. I go in first thing in the morning. I have to stay in the hospital at least one night afterward, maybe two but they said my insurance probably wouldn’t approve two nights. Anyway, the recovery time should only be 6-8 weeks but after that i have to rebuild a lot of lost muscle on my left side. I’m just really hoping nothing goes wrong with my surgery tomorrow and that it actually fixes the issue with my nerves.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/13/2018 10:17 AM

Surgery is always a bit scary. Good luck, hopefully you heal quickly.

|

9/13/2018 10:21 AM

sick Modern technology is pretty damn good. Think you'll be fine. Good luck, man!
|

9/13/2018 10:23 AM

I broke my collarbone about 10 years ago in a motorcycle incident. It was broke in two places & I was given the option to let it heal naturally or I could have surgery to fix it with a titanium plate. I asked what the difference would be & they said, long-term, I'd be better off with mobility & range of motion if I had the surgery (not to mention I don't have a weird bone sticking up through my shirt). You'll do great! Get it fixed & you'll be back up in no time! Keep us posted! Good luck!

|

9/13/2018 10:28 AM

I guess this hurricane is supposed to hit while i’m in the hospital too. Yey.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/13/2018 10:37 AM

You'll be fine mate, just remember to pull up smile

But seriously, I'm sure everything will go as it should, and you'll be getting stoked again in no time. Pma!

|

9/13/2018 10:44 AM

Badass Curtis!!! Best of luck my guy!!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/13/2018 11:15 AM

Bummer dude , injuries are a bad time good luck with the surgery hopefully it goes flawless

|

9/13/2018 11:18 AM

Good luck, I'm going in next week to have my shoulder looked at. More than likely surgery too.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/13/2018 11:20 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I broke my collarbone about 10 years ago in a motorcycle incident. It was broke in two places & I was given the option to ...more

Yeah i broke my collarbone in an MX crash.... it healed up good and everything but it does stick out some :/

|

9/13/2018 11:53 AM

Good luck to you sir. I hope that not only does surgery go well but you heal and recover at a supernatural rate!

|

9/13/2018 12:32 PM

Good luck!

|

9/13/2018 12:42 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I broke my collarbone about 10 years ago in a motorcycle incident. It was broke in two places & I was given the option to ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah i broke my collarbone in an MX crash.... it healed up good and everything but it does stick out some :/

Same...and its like an inch shorter than my other side...lol

|

9/13/2018 12:50 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Same...and its like an inch shorter than my other side...lol

Yeah i broke my left collar bone and i think my left shoulder is taller than my right lol

|

9/14/2018 1:06 AM

I hope it goes well!
Keep us updated.

|

Hmmm

9/14/2018 2:37 AM

Hope ya heal up fast and get back on the bike. Planning a trip that way next spring.

|

9/14/2018 3:19 AM

Good luck & get well soon!

|

9/14/2018 4:12 AM

Good luck man. Make sure after the surgery you take the time to heal properly before doing anything with it and also take your diet very seriously. It's amazing how much consuming the right stuff can help you heal quicker. I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time.

|

9/14/2018 11:04 AM

My girlfriend made me take probiotics, bone broth crap in smoothies, turmeric and green tea daily after my slicing was performed. She's a nurse so I listened. You got this man, 6-8 weeks is nothing.

|

9/14/2018 11:06 AM

4130Junkie wrote:

My girlfriend made me take probiotics, bone broth crap in smoothies, turmeric and green tea daily after my slicing was ...more

I did the same because of my wife. Lol

|

9/14/2018 11:41 AM

4130Junkie wrote:

My girlfriend made me take probiotics, bone broth crap in smoothies, turmeric and green tea daily after my slicing was ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

I did the same because of my wife. Lol

I really suggest getting into juicing or eating health shit. Get stuff like Pine Pollen. anything anti-inflammatory helps with pain and injury recovery, Blue-Green Algae is great. PlantsBasically is fucking great and I highly recommend all the formulas, I've yet to try Rawrfoods but seems legit. Highly recommend CBD it's 100% legal and is nothing but good for you. Speed up recovery at any cost if you ask me!

|

9/14/2018 12:37 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

I really suggest getting into juicing or eating health shit. Get stuff like Pine Pollen. anything anti-inflammatory helps with ...more

You sound like vegan my guylaughing

In Texas you cant find vegan shit. Meat for dayz here lmaolaughing

|

9/14/2018 9:30 PM

Thanks everybody! Surgery went as good as possible. They found a bone spur on my collarbone that was likely causing my nerve damage and my collarbone was still partially broken. I’m glad a switched surgeons because my last guy was trying to tell me my collarbone when strong when i could litterally feel it bend when i moved my arm wrong. They didn’t even make me stay in the hospital! I’m on a strict regiment of percocet and gamecube haha (i doubt i will take the drugs for very long.)

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/14/2018 10:31 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Thanks everybody! Surgery went as good as possible. They found a bone spur on my collarbone that was likely causing my nerve ...more

Belter! Stoked for you mate

|

9/14/2018 11:05 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Thanks everybody! Surgery went as good as possible. They found a bone spur on my collarbone that was likely causing my nerve ...more

Congrats, nice to hear everything went well! And it's good they actually found something to fix. Just don't get too angry at the gamecubetongue

|