Update on Bike Travel

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2011 12:42 PM

So i have returned from my Vegas trip from Canada and i must say that the changes since the new year with there security on planes is actually beneficial for us bikers.

I always traveled with a carry on bag that was as big as i could have a carry on bag, in that bag i had everything for living ( clothing, shaver, toiletries etc...) and then i would put my bike in a hockey bag and they would charge me for a special transport cost of the weight in the hockey bag.

This is how it works now as of the recent changes put in place.

1 carry on bag is free of charge
1 store on bag is free of charge as long as it is under 50lbs (23kg)

My bike and tools as well as any further contents are under 45 lbs, so i was able to travel with my bike for free, there is no longer any additional cost on a bike as long as you stay in that restriction. This is very beneficial as it used to cost me $60.00 - $120.00 extra just to travel with my bike, but now its free.

I thought maybe they made a mistake when i took the first flight, but i did 5 flights over my trip and not once was i charged nor did they have any problem with my bike being in the bag.

traveled with West Jet and Air Canada from Manitoba -Calgary - Vegas - Vancouver - Victoria - Manitoba

had no issues with taking any of my stuff across the boarder or bringing it back.

Hope this helps anyone out...

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

3/16/2011 12:44 PM

sweet

|

THE GOD OF ALL BIKES-ODYSSEUS!!! CHECK IT!!!
Refs~
VITAL~Robamullen, Jrage, Zackridesatierra, Udbmx, ajp62696, Brenden1207, Lee_Rager, Loco_for_riding, Element4all