Update on "The Bunker"

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2012 1:05 PM

Creation of "The Bunker" has officially begun to take place!! We've had nothing but frigid temps and lots of snow here on the front range in Colorado , so it has been slowing the progress down and making riding very difficult in most areas. The weather's not the only thing slowing progress on "The Bunker", it is just my 6 year old son "London" and I working on it. We recently just discovered "The Bunker" on 12/09/2011 and have already taken an aggressive approach at building this place up!!

So far we have managed to "stealthily" bring a good amount of materials down to "The Bunker", post holing through multiple feet of snow and doing it all at night un-detected!! I managed to find tons of FREE stuff, and we LOVE FREE stuff!! We have placed foundation blocks for the 4ft quarter and are currently cutting the side forms in our garage this week. We carried our old ramps down there to "quikcrete" over them and to have fun on while we build the big stuff! Here's some photo's below! More to come later! ENJOY!!

Cheers!!

Photo Album Link:
http://www.vitalbmx.com/profile_manager/photo_albums/42471/photos

FREE MATERIAL:

(40) concrete blocks
(44) bricks
(1) 150ft roll of stucco chicken wire
(1) wheel barrel
(3) 4x8 sheets of plywood
(6) 2x4's
(1) mini wooden quarter ramp
(1) mini plastic wedge ramp
(1) large box of nails
(2) 5 gallon buckets
(1) short concrete mixing shovel
(1) garden hoe "rake"

PAID MATERIAL at GOODWILL:

(1) 16" float = $1.50
(1) brick edge trowel = $1.50
(1) brick seem trowel = $1.50
(1) 14" finishing trowel = $2.50
(1) 8" finishing trowel = $2.50
(1) 8" finishing trowel = $2.50
(1) 6" finishing trowel = $2.50
(1) large concrete mixing bucket = $2.00

Total Cost = $17.00

******************************************************************************************

Photo Album Link:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/profile_manager/photo_albums/42471/photos

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/4/2012 1:19 PM

sickkkk dude. dont get cuaght cool

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/4/2012 1:24 PM

I'm stoked on this project. Place is a lot bigger then it looked from previous pictures.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

1/4/2012 1:46 PM

you need to steal a push broom

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

1/4/2012 1:46 PM

Can't wait to see it finished.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/4/2012 2:03 PM

My wife told me the same thing.....SWEEP that place if my kids are gonna be stunt'n down there!! HA HAAAA!!!! I'm gonna sweep it this week. THANKS!!!

|

1/4/2012 2:09 PM

i wish we had big storm drains like that up here

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

1/4/2012 2:34 PM

is there a concrete floor to it?

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

1/4/2012 3:09 PM

Thats lush! Once you get a good half goin you'll be set!

|

1/4/2012 3:35 PM

pretty sick places like those around here are harder to get into and eat

|

1/5/2012 6:15 AM

brentrides wrote:

is there a concrete floor to it?

Yes, it has a concrete floor, hopefully I’ll get in there today to do a little sweeping

|

1/5/2012 6:28 AM

Use the broom to break up the dirt. Then blow it out with a leaf blower

|

1/5/2012 6:51 AM

this looks great man! can't wait to see the outcome!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/5/2012 9:31 AM

That shit's going to suck if you get a super hard rain, make sure everything is secured really well! Looks sick man! Keep it up!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/5/2012 9:48 AM

THANKS!! Yeah, it would suck. The good thing is Colorado is a “high desert”, and we get very little rain which sucks for our trails!! The main drainage feed comes out below this tunnel, so this place doesn’t see rain often if at all anymore. I plan on concreting everything down properly. I am using concrete blocks and large stones all concreted in, so hopefully it would stay in place in case of flood. You never know what mother nature will throw at you!! Ha Haaaa!! My boy and I are really stoked on this project!! We’ll keep you all updated as we make progress!! Cheers!!

|