Used WTP Envy or New Colony Premise

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2015 9:52 AM

As above. Looking for a new BMX and have narrowed it down to a 2013 WTP Envy from ebay or a new 2014 Colony Premise.

Which would you guys recommend?

|

6/3/2015 12:54 PM

Envy if its in good condition

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

6/4/2015 1:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 1:38 AM

Never buy a complete bike that's been used unless the dude seems like he knows what he's talking about and not just naming specs. Personally I'm a good seller and all my friends / people are happy with the condition and quality but I know shady fuckers who bullshit and trash their bikes and then sell saying it's mint but the frame is like dented or shit . It's just like , I'd rather have a new Civic then a used Prelude . And I hate Civics .

Colony makes good parts and their completes always impress me , I think you'd be happier with a complete that you know and can trust than an "awesome" used bike that may end up shitting out in you . Remember , no warranty , no shop benefits , no help really . Support your local shops !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/4/2015 1:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 1:55 AM

The craftsmanship on colony frames is really impressive. They have some of the nicest tig welds I've seen on a frame. And they're gusset cut outs are shaped differently than alot of other companies which makes them unique. I have a 2014 colony frame and i really like it. The only complaint I would have is that the tubing was scratched and they painted over it. I have translucent gold so it shows thru and it's really noticable and doesnt look appealing. I got mine off ebay as well. But other than that everything else checked out great. Both companies are really good, just like the guy above said, just look it over real well and make a wise decision

|

6/4/2015 4:39 AM

Plus, you always seem to take care of new stuff with more attention to detail.
And if something F***s up, you won't be pissed thinking some dude ripped you off. It'd be boiled down to either manufacturing fault or user fault. Lol which you can't really be angry about
Colony ftw

|

Muthafuckas betta know

6/4/2015 12:56 PM

Thanks guys. A used one is now off the list. I do have another candidate though now...

Came about mainly because of the 'support your local shop' thing. The colony premise is a 2014 model bought straight off the internet, whereas I've spotted a 2015 Flybikes Proton in my LBS.

The colony is €80 cheaper as an old model. Is it a much better bike? Both are full crmo etc. The Proton has a 21" TT as opposed to the 20.75 of the colony. Coming from MTB would it be wise to go with the bigger one?

|

6/4/2015 1:02 PM

Forgot to say that the bike will mainly be used for street

|

6/4/2015 1:13 PM

I like Colony but the bigger TT might be a bit better on the Fly and Colony has really park oriented designs . Didn't took at specs though .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short