Used hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2012 10:10 AM

I need new hubs as mine are at the end of their life. I dont want to spend alot of money on new ones so would i be safe to buy used ones or is it better to just get new ones?

|

7/16/2012 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2012 12:00 PM

It depends on where your buying them from. Ive bought almost all used parts before and as long as you know what to look for in used stuff you should be fine. Spin the hub and see if ti has any wobble or weird noises. check the driver and see how worn the internals are.

|

7/16/2012 5:09 PM

vein bmx sells graeat grips fer ur hubs man ull love there barends too

|

7/16/2012 10:29 PM

depends what hubs they are. as said above, make sure it spins well, doesn't wobble, nothing's damaged like bent flanges or cracks or small things like that, check for bent axles and in cassettes be sure to check and make sure the sping(s) & pawls work well

|

7/16/2012 10:33 PM

There is a difference between used and abused hubs

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/16/2012 10:41 PM

i have profile mini to 7ka to sell? like brand new

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]">

]Refs- Dirt Nasty, RideBmxWithSWAG, FOUR, Ron44ald, TCbmx(x2), Manny5569, JMIES419, aw1234512(x2), the balt, Spikez5(x2), ecuadevil(x2), Showtime402, RiverSideRider

7/17/2012 4:36 AM

JakeSalbert wrote:

i have profile mini to 7ka to sell? like brand new

Live in uk sorry

|

7/17/2012 5:12 AM

Hey kyle I have a profile mini set I could sell you for about 110pounds they are red RHD will include hubguard 9t, will ship from france or from cambridge (if my brother can do that)
email me for pics. mmiloou@yahoo dot com
Otherwise , if your hubs are from a good brand you should try to overhaul them, the driver and the shell is what is expensive but they usually dont break;;;

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

7/17/2012 6:06 AM

milou wrote:

Hey kyle I have a profile mini set I could sell you for about 110pounds they are red RHD will include hubguard 9t, will ship from france or from cambridge (if my brother can do that)
email me for pics. mmiloou@yahoo dot com
Otherwise , if your hubs are from a good brand you should try to overhaul them, the driver and the shell is what is expensive but they usually dont break;;;

sorry need lhd drive

|

7/17/2012 7:00 AM

left hand drive drive? lol

im selling a mix but its RHD

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/17/2012 7:58 AM

Verde. wrote:

I grind right side and already snapped one sprocket

|

7/17/2012 8:46 AM

Verde. wrote:

kyle.cunningham.758 wrote:

I grind right side and already snapped one sprocket

Don't land on your sprocket?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/17/2012 10:05 AM

kyle.cunningham.758 wrote:

sorry need lhd drive

Do you want a front profile mini
I have a red one or a raw one, both 36 both have profile metal guards. I have extra bolts and never used bearings. Give me your email. i'll send you pics.
what hubs do you currently have?

And to anwser your questions, yes riding used hubs is not a big deal, extreme case scenario, you buy a hub with a bent axle or the driver skips on you (axles can be replaced, and drivers can be worked on)

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest