Vandero 2 specs?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2013 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2013 7:47 AM

Cant find these anywhere. What bearings/center axle do they use?
Any crmo guards that work well on them?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/22/2013 8:04 AM

I don't recommend that hub

Pros
Lasts long
Female axles

Cons
Spins like crap
over time internal axles rubs shell
Not compatible with daily grind guards

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/22/2013 8:12 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Pros
Lasts long
Female axles

Cons
Spins like crap

Well its either I pay $25 for this hub brand new in the LE mint or I pay $60 to have my current hub powdercoated lol

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/22/2013 8:32 AM

Pros
Lasts long
Female axles

Cons
Spins like crap

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Well its either I pay $25 for this hub brand new in the LE mint or I pay $60 to have my current hub powdercoated lol

Can't beat that deal, but in any other case i wouldn't worry about color so much more so on durability getting hubs painted is waste of money

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 8:33 AM

from what i can gather from reviews:
PROs
good bearings
rolls well
damn good price, especially 25 bucks
og vital member 'carjakester' (11000 posts) says it spins great after 2 years
roqfan (as of 2012) said it holds up great with his 2 peg on front use
droogskull says he likes his
generally, the bad revews i saw come from the people who say 'this kid i know' about the hub

hub guards that fit:
jersey barrier, knight hub guard, daily grind front,

Cons:
people reccomend the marmoset over it, but for the price, it doesnt make sense
heard like 2 people say they snapped the axle bolts, but you can just replace off the bat if that is a huge concern

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/22/2013 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2013 8:36 AM

the daily grind would be your best option for chromo hub guards
oneye i heard the daily grind guards fit it?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/22/2013 8:36 AM

Thanks guys! And have you gotten your phone back steve?

|

12/22/2013 8:40 AM

im on my laptop, then im supposed to go to a party at 9-30, and then i should either get it when i get there or when i get back at like 12

|

12/22/2013 8:45 AM

Daily grind guard does not fit i have both hubs and tested it

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 8:46 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

im on my laptop, then im supposed to go to a party at 9-30, and then i should either get it when i get there or when i get back at like 12

Sounds legit. Whenever I decide to get off my ass and get dressed Ill go take pics and ill text them to you. Just reply back and tell me what you think when you get your phone lol

|

12/22/2013 8:52 AM

You sure? The DG comes with a different sized spacers, doesn't it? To make it universal to most hubs. Or does the Vandero2 not use a 15mm axle?

|

12/22/2013 9:44 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You sure? The DG comes with a different sized spacers, doesn't it? To make it universal to most hubs. Or does the Vandero2 not use a 15mm axle?

dans description

albes description

empires discretion
|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 9:49 AM

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 11:41 AM

I have it, it holds find for me, but i barely grind..

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/22/2013 12:42 PM

just stick with alumunim guards, or plastic aluminum combos, or i could always CAD a vandero 2 specific guard and then you could take the design to a machine shop and cnc a few copies out of chromo
id prolly do it for free, as it takes me like 30 minutes max and its easy as fuck
email me if intersted steven.m.olive@gmail.com

|

12/22/2013 12:51 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

just stick with alumunim guards, or plastic aluminum combos, or i could always CAD a vandero 2 specific guard and then you could take the design to a machine shop and cnc a few copies out of chromo
id prolly do it for free, as it takes me like 30 minutes max and its easy as fuck

Ill either do that or get a DG and bore it to 17mm haha..

|

12/22/2013 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2013 12:55 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

And I just texted you pics btw. Reply when you gotcha phone.
edit: or I can email them to you

|

12/22/2013 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2013 12:55 PM

actually boring the axle diameter of the guard would be your best option
id recommend using a metal lathe and a boring bar, or a drill attachement to a lathe, a metal mill, or a nice drill press
DO NOT CHEAP OUT AND USE A NORMAL DRILL!
you are unlikely to drill it straight, or centered for that matter
woot 700 posts

|