Vans sk8 hi

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2017 7:29 PM

I rode these Vans sk8 hi canvas for just over 1 month, weak dude. I think I hit my axle bolt doing a double peg and it just shredded. Also the black soles couldn't take it.

Photo

Photo

|

7/9/2017 10:19 PM

How long does a pair of shoes usually last you? Just curious.

That's a bummer.

|

7/9/2017 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 10:24 PM

Funny because I had the exact same shoe , and it lasted me a whole year even through summer when I usually beat the piss out of my shoes . The sole wore down over time but otherwise it was solid . I liked them so much I ended up getting the same model but in the Dakota Roche colourway . I've had that shoe for about 2 months now and it has maybe 5% wear on the sole at most and almost nothing wrong with the upper .

That rip in your shoe is because you snagged your axle . I get paid to sell shoes at my job and I've seen hundreds of defective shoes and I can assure you there is no chance of that being defective , you just got unlucky and it ripped . Uppers on any shoes should not tear like that .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/10/2017 5:32 AM

Just duct tape it up and keep going.

|

7/10/2017 5:46 AM

I usually get at least a year out of a pair of shoes, had some Etnies and Lotek's each last me 2 years. Got a good deal on these so I got a suede pair with gum soles at the same time, hopefully they last longer. I showed the place I bought them from and they asked if I wanted to return them, told them it was my bad and that would be stupid, I should just let other BMXers know my experience so here you go.

|

7/10/2017 7:33 AM

Vans are wack just fuck with nikes my dude

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/10/2017 9:33 AM

Just out of curiosity where did you buy them? could be non genuine shoes as there's one or 2 things that look different from genuine Vans, but it could also just be down to the fact that they wore down badly, post up a few more pics, cos those soles look like you have had them on your feet at least 6 months.

|

7/10/2017 3:15 PM

Got em off shoes.com for like $50ish, I'm sure they're made by some little kid in China or whatever. My point is the canvas style don't hold up to me riding BMX, the reason I bought them and the only time I wore them. If they work for other people, cool, just want my experience known. I probably rode them 15-20 times. Plus I got a wicked bruise on my foot for a while.

|

7/10/2017 3:34 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

Got em off shoes.com for like $50ish, I'm sure they're made by some little kid in China or whatever. My point is the canvas style don't hold up to me riding BMX, the reason I bought them and the only time I wore them. If they work for other people, cool, just want my experience known. I probably rode them 15-20 times. Plus I got a wicked bruise on my foot for a while.

If you had said ebay i would have said you probably ended up with fakes, are you a brakeless rider?, just looking at your rim pic its scuffed up like there's been a brake used on it, i just find it hard to do that amount of sole wear riding them 15-20 times, especially if you have brakes and use them, i have a pair of vans and have ridden in them that much and used them for walking around in and their still like new, if my shoes looked like that after 2 weeks of riding i'd be sending an email to Vans with pics in tow complaining about durability.

I've always been pretty heavy on wearing out my shoes/trainers, their usually pretty dead by about the 4-6 month mark, the only reason i've had the vans a few years is cos i bought them and they didnt feel padded or comfy enough for everyday walking around in compared to normal trainers or sneakers as you guys would call them

|

7/10/2017 3:40 PM

You should get the Sk8 Hi Pros... those are what I have and they have a plastic lineing between the fabrics so if the canvas or suade rip, there is a plastic liner making the shoe still usable if it tears....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/10/2017 6:19 PM

That sounds like more protection on the Pros, wish I saw that. Yeah, brakes all the way for me and Nice plastic pedals too. Maybe I'll send this thread to Vans? Too bad these didn't work out for me, all black shoes are badass, even Beavis and Butthead would wear em.

|

7/10/2017 8:02 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

That sounds like more protection on the Pros, wish I saw that. Yeah, brakes all the way for me and Nice plastic pedals too. Maybe I'll send this thread to Vans? Too bad these didn't work out for me, all black shoes are badass, even Beavis and Butthead would wear em.

Heres a link...
https://www.vans.com/shop/ski8hi-pro-vhgpro

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/11/2017 9:56 AM

I tore the shit out of my vans sk8 hi pros... they were nice for a couple months, then they just kinda died

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/11/2017 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2017 9:57 AM

The tread is still in super good shape, but the suede, rubber, and canvas is ruined

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/11/2017 2:15 PM

I've never had sk8 hi shoes last more than a few months.. I've had like 4 pairs

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

7/11/2017 3:02 PM

I've been riding the style 112's now for 6 months and they've held up amazingly. I run brakeless so my right shoe is getting wore out but that's it. And I ride heavy and also run metal pedals

|