Vans , you're the best .

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2017 8:30 PM

Vital ,

I just want to put this out there for anyone who's into BMX and shoes .

I needed a new pair of shoes after my previous Sk8 - HI's wore through , so I went to my local Vans store and knew I planned on picking these up ( I've watched the promo video which I'll probably link here , and Dakota being one of my favourite riders , I knew these were a must ) .

I went in and asked for my size , where I was helped by someone with not 1 , but 2 Vans tattoos , one being the off the wall logo and the other being a shoe itself.

Anyways , I wanted to point out that myself being into BMX and pretty big into clothing and streetwear as well , makes me appreciate what Vans does for BMX . For example , all the stuff they do like contests , the Vans skateparks , collaborating with Cult and other companies , giving riders a chance to design a product and supporting Scotty Cranmer as well too definitely makes me see them as a very reputable and amazing company .

With this particular shoe , not only am I getting my favourite model which is sick , but it's supporting Dak as well which is sweet . What's cool is that you actually get some exclusive pins with it , inspired by Dak which is super cool and a nice little touch . The packaging is dope .

What's even better is that included my with purchase ( I believe it's an event / promo , doesn't come with the shoes ) , I even got the Vans Illustrated DVD / Book which is awesome as I haven't seen it actually , and the pictures / packing is something that means a lot to me and makes me feel good that something I'm passionate about is being supported by Vans .

For some reason I can insert photos where I want through mobile so it'll be down below , but riding Vans for such a long time now I don't think I could go to any other shoe , I tried an older pair of Nike Janoskis and they weren't the best . The waffle pattern is just a classic . But ya , anyways I'm hyped for shoes and I think this is probably one of my favourite purchase experience in a long time for anything , I highly suggest buying some Vans you haven't as you get a great product but overall they care about what we do and that is something that should be recognized !

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/18/2017 9:30 PM

That's sooooo sick, man! I love Vans, I'll likely never ride with any other shoe ever. Those looks sweet, loving the green! It's rad you got those goodies along with your purchase as well.

#WafflesForLife smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/19/2017 1:42 AM

readybmxer wrote:

That's sooooo sick, man! I love Vans, I'll likely never ride with any other shoe ever. Those looks sweet, loving the green! ...more

Details fam
Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/19/2017 4:26 AM

Vans slip on for life

|

It’s all bmx

4/19/2017 10:00 AM

You may like your vans but I don't like mine.

Photo

Photo

|

4/19/2017 10:01 AM

All of my friends love their vans and manage to keep them in perfect shape, but I just ruin mine super quickly and I don't really know why.

|

4/19/2017 10:38 AM

The quality of their shoes has gone down hill in the last bunch of years.

I use Shoe Goo to put the soles back on.

|

4/19/2017 10:42 AM

That's awesome! I've actually never owned a pair of vans. I've always stuck with etnies because they fit my feet well. Although I bought some marana's a few weeks ago and they come up a little small

|

4/19/2017 11:14 AM

My current ones are not lasting that long.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/19/2017 3:40 PM

They do a lot for Bmx no denying that but their skateparks in Orange and Huntington beach only allow bikes in on select days which stinks. Their indoor park is nice but they only allow Bmx for only a couple of nights a week, and even still Bmx is not allowed inside the combi pool. At the Huntington beach park Bmx is only allowed on Wednesday. And until recently bikes weren't allowed in either bowls and when they allowed bikes in only one if the pools you had to take your pegs off otherwise no bowl for you. Vans is good but I think they could do better with their SoCal skate parks

|

4/19/2017 4:58 PM

seems like every one wears vans nowadays. ive been wearing vans for 20+ years. the quality is definitely not what it used to be, which is sad considering they are selling 10 times more shoes than they were when I started wearing them. they seem over priced for what they are. I still wear them, but I'm considering something else next time.

|

4/19/2017 7:23 PM

I dig the way they look and the collabs with cult are pretty sick but the quality of them is the issue. They are cheaper than Janoskis which are my dailies and once they are no more (Probably 6 months?) and get me a pair of vans

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

4/19/2017 8:28 PM

readybmxer wrote:

That's sooooo sick, man! I love Vans, I'll likely never ride with any other shoe ever. Those looks sweet, loving the green! ...more

I tried a few other shoes over the years. But within 2 days I was back in Vans. And that's 30+ years riding

|

4/20/2017 2:39 AM

I stockpile on heavy discounted/outlet ones. Keep in mind that I payed at most half (or less) of the original price.

Photo

The ones in the white plastic bag are halfcabs. Box was so damaged that I brought it for 30% of the original price.

Oh and the BMX chapter from the Vans 50th Aniversary coffee table book.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

6/15/2017 8:32 AM

I only rides with vans shoes win I ride Bmx they are so comfortable

|