Vapor Blue or Black? (Death to VAPOR BLUE)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2013 1:53 PM

Vapor Blue or Black cranks? I guess I'm fucked cause I already did it. I'm not to sure about it. What do you think?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/30/2013 1:59 PM

looks good, get black or chrome hoops for your wheels and it would look better.

|

8/30/2013 2:04 PM

greenbastard wrote:

looks good, get black or chrome hoops for your wheels and it would look better.

Yea rims are next up.

|

8/30/2013 2:20 PM

I'd go with the black cranks.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/30/2013 2:30 PM

looks good with the blue personally id go black but it looks good chrome rims will just set it off

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/30/2013 2:43 PM

Go with black rims or do a polishing on the rims or something, do your frame in black and the post in silver and you are set man! haha Looks good alreadyand will look amazing if you do what i said!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/30/2013 2:55 PM

you planning on selling the vapor blue cranks?

|

8/30/2013 2:59 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Go with black rims or do a polishing on the rims or something, do your frame in black and the post in silver and you are set man! haha Looks good alreadyand will look amazing if you do what i said!

I'm NOT painting the frame. I like vapor blue. I think Sunday goes to far with the colors. This bike had Red parts and I gave those parts away. I think the Blue compliments the white walls. I just need Chrome or Polished rims and I think I'm finished with this build. I only got the bike a month ago and ripped it apart before I even rode it. Pictures really don't do this bike justice.

After this build I'm starting on my Sunday Soundwave/Profile build. I already have the parts lined out. That bike will be a black frame.

I have a thing for Sunday's

|

8/30/2013 3:00 PM

skubasteve wrote:

I painted the cranks

|

8/30/2013 3:06 PM

skubasteve wrote:

Laxin wrote:

I painted the cranks

ok, I just getting ready to buy some for my vapor blue Wave C, I thought I'd ask.

|

8/30/2013 3:19 PM

chrome

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/30/2013 3:22 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

chrome

I hear ya. I might just get some chrome profile cranks. That would be the best look. For now... the blue was looking haggard and black was a good option.

|

8/30/2013 3:28 PM

skubasteve wrote:

Laxin wrote:

I painted the cranks

skubasteve wrote:

ok, I just getting ready to buy some for my vapor blue Wave C, I thought I'd ask.

On Dans comp there only $120 in Vapor Blue. Go figure, The black Thunderbolt's are $170. It does not make sense.

|

8/30/2013 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 3:38 PM

Black Cranks - You need to change that Sprocket too, I think it just looks really cheap! Buy Yourself something perdyfull.

Get yourself some Polished Eclat Polar Rims, Aero on the Front (You aren't going to run a Front Brake right?) & a Straight on the back. I am not 100% sure about the Braking capabilities on the Polished Rim, but you wont get the problems that come with Chrome. Do you plan on replacing the Hubs also? You could go full out Eclat?

Polar Aero Front Hoop Polished
Dynamic Front Hub with Guards Polished
D.T Swiss Champion Spokes & Pro Lock Nipples Black

Polar Straigt Rear Hoop Polished
Dynamic Rear Hub with Guards (You can get a DSG) Polished

I am actually getting something quite similar to that for my Flatland Bike haha.

|

8/30/2013 3:46 PM

Laxin wrote:

I painted the cranks

skubasteve wrote:

Laxin wrote:

On Dans comp there only $120 in Vapor Blue. Go figure, The black Thunderbolt's are $170. It does not make sense.

There not in Vapor blue, there pictured but not available. I went with black instead.

|

8/30/2013 3:59 PM

What are those pedals called
Are they grippy
How much were they

Bike looks sexy too

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/30/2013 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 4:11 PM

Topsey wrote:

Black Cranks - You need to change that Sprocket too, I think it just looks really cheap! Buy Yourself something perdyfull.

Get yourself some Polished Eclat Polar Rims, Aero on the Front (You aren't going to run a Front Brake right?) & a Straight on the back. I am not 100% sure about the Braking capabilities on the Polished Rim, but you wont get the problems that come with Chrome. Do you plan on replacing the Hubs also? You could go full out Eclat?

Polar Aero Front Hoop Polished
Dynamic Front Hub with Guards Polished

Polar Straigt Rear Hoop Polished
Dynamic Rear Hub with Guards (You can get a DSG) Polished

I am actually getting something quite similar to that for my Flatland Bike haha.

I just bought that Polished Sunday Sabretooth sprocket like a week ago lol. I'm going to keep that sprocket. I've looked at so many sprockets and that was the one I always liked for some strange reason. I will admit that the black cranks makes it look out of place. The vapor blue cranks blended in cause of the frame. I guess after I put on the half link chain, then I will see. I was going to put a silver chain on but maybe I will see how a black half link looks and maybe it will even everything out. Thanks for pointing that out.

As for the rims and hubs... I'm open to options. I know for a fact that I want Chrome or polished rims for sure. I've been looking at G-Sport/Odyssey/Eclat rims. The hubs I have on the bike right now are in great shape and it would seem pointless to take them off. I have Odyssey Vandero in the front and Odyssey Quartet in the back. There pretty good hubs for me. I really want a Profile Elite hub but I'm going to put that on my Soundwave build. I have a buddy who works at a bike shop so for a 6 pack he will lace the rims up. I don't care about the price but I want something sick and slick. I'm going to be using a back brake and the only worry I have is dis coloration on the rims from the heat of the pads.

|

8/30/2013 4:05 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

What are those pedals called
Are they grippy
How much were they

Bike looks sexy too

The pedals are Eclat Surge Alloy (Polished). They go for $110 on Danscomp. These pedals are very grippy. If you look in the picture, I took the inner and outter screws out cause my shoes were sticking like glue. I don't like grippy pedals to much. Also, the weight is unreal. One of my old pedals still weighed more then both of these.

|

8/30/2013 4:08 PM

skubasteve wrote:

Laxin wrote:

skubasteve wrote:

There not in Vapor blue, there pictured but not available. I went with black instead.

They're great cranks. I made the mistake of buying a sprocket and it did not fit. Only 15/16's fit.

|

8/30/2013 4:54 PM

I've had twombolts and these thunderbolts and I've never had a sprocket that fits without modifying it

|

8/30/2013 5:26 PM

skubasteve wrote:

I've had twombolts and these thunderbolts and I've never had a sprocket that fits without modifying it

For the perfect fit, you need to buy a 15/16 sprocket. Problem is... not many company's make them in this size.I think it's 22mm or 24mm. I forget. I don't know why they put that lip there. I bought a brand new sprocket and could not return it and lost money selling it to someone. I guess you could customize it. Shave that lip down to the spindle. Make the hole on the sprocket bigger. For me it was just easier to buy one that fits. I hate messing around with shit.

Photo

Photo

|

8/30/2013 5:56 PM

I just used a uni-bit and slightly drilled it out

|

8/30/2013 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 6:01 PM

Here's some other picture's of the bike and black cranks. I'm thinking with a black half link chain, it might match up pretty good.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/30/2013 6:06 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Laxin wrote:

I'm NOT painting the frame. I like vapor blue. I think Sunday goes to far with the colors. This bike had Red parts and I gave those parts away. I think the Blue compliments the white walls. I just need Chrome or Polished rims and I think I'm finished with this build. I only got the bike a month ago and ripped it apart before I even rode it. Pictures really don't do this bike justice.

After this build I'm starting on my Sunday Soundwave/Profile build. I already have the parts lined out. That bike will be a black frame.

bro dont do a bullet proof frame with flashy dumb overpriced profiles.

|

8/30/2013 6:09 PM

Vapor hubs with chrome spokes and rims. Forget a half link. They look cool but they're shit
I would do a black and chrome KMC 710

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/30/2013 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 6:15 PM

I know its a bit Ghetto but before i knew what i was doing with bike parts, i got a US Made Tree OG Sprocket (I will probably get Lynched for this haha) & i got a Sprocket Adaptor from a Friends MDS Sprocket... "FFS it doesn't fit, i haven't got another one this will have to do!!!" So i filed it out. It is literally 1.8mm from 22mm. 15/16th is 23.8mm to be EXACT, but the majority of places list it at 24mm, because what is .2 of a mm ?? It would be almost impossible to see it with the naked eye!

Edit: I think a Black Chain would suit your Bike super well.. Black Chain-Polished Sprocket-Black Cranks-Polished Pedals.. I think that would look BAD ASS. However don't bother with Half Link Chains, they're garbage! You only need one Half Link for proper Rear Wheel adjustment anyways! My suggestion is to keep what you have for now & wait for the Odyssey Key Chain & get the Hollow Pin one, it looks fucking bad ass! The whole idea behind the Key Chain is incredible too, you really wouldn't think that much thought could go into a Chain!

|

8/30/2013 6:23 PM

Blue and Black both look great , I think it's up to you about what you want. No clue how to help with your sprocket , sorry sad

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/30/2013 6:28 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Laxin wrote:

greenbastard wrote:

bro dont do a bullet proof frame with flashy dumb overpriced profiles.

It's all about the flash lol. Last year, I finally got on a bike after 17 years. When I put my feet on the pedals I was hooked again. I'm in my 30's and I want to spend some money damn it.

|

8/30/2013 6:28 PM

how are those tires by the way?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/30/2013 6:29 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Blue and Black both look great , I think it's up to you about what you want. No clue how to help with your sprocket , sorry sad

I don't need help with the sprocket... I just bought the same one it came with but polished.

|