Verde Luxe delayed....again...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2017 6:34 PM

...but this time it is due to me having a heart attack over the weekend! One of the very first things I told the docs was that I HAD to be able to ride BMX again. Finny how this activity gets "inside" of us. Many of the people there mentioned that I was talking about biking when I was "under." I am home now recovering. The prognosis is actually good. In fact, they said the NUMBER ONE thing that will allow me to bounce back is that I never drank, smoked, or did drugs. Thank you Straight Edge!! The docs have all said that I have put myself in the BEST possible situation for the best recovery due to those choices.

So to all you young'ns. BELIEVE IT when they say watch how you eat!! Sodium is the Great Black Death of our cultures! Cherish your health and follow docs orders if you can.

all you older guys, get shit checked, and don't discount even the slightest symptoms of any ailment. I am living in my world of worst fears now: that of being feeble; having to give myself insulin shots 4 times a day; and the knowledge that I WILL have another attack now in the future

I am getting strength from the build up to riding again, because I have been told that if I do everything right food and medication wise, that I will be back out there. Ride hard while you can!! Appreciate the people and places around you while you can!!

Now go ride fools!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/3/2017 7:01 PM

Holy crap dude glad you are ok!

Recover well man!

I have learned to listen to doctors. I still don't go as often as I should though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/3/2017 7:17 PM

Holy shit dude , Glad you are ok. Get your butt into shape and get out there quick man! The biggest and hardest thing going into my late 30s was having to forget about 80% of the shitty food I ate.

|

5/3/2017 8:09 PM

I've heard of a lot of people having heart problems lately. Our magnetosphere is changing, we are getting blasted by solar flares, internet, and power outages everywhere. Nothing they'll will tell you on the news. Our poles are shifting too.

Glad to hear you are ok though. That's some crazy shit. Take care of yourself, and get back out there man. Listen to your doctor though.

|

5/3/2017 11:05 PM

A glass of red wine a day has been shown to help prevent heart attacks. wink

Seriously though, hope you get better and glad you're not dead.

YES, the food we eat directly effects our health.

So, you can't buy the new bike cause.....?

|

5/4/2017 1:07 AM

Damn! I'm glad you're OK though.

You're definitely right about making the most of things while we can.

Buy the bike asap so it's ready to shred once you're back on your feet! Don't hesitate, buy it on finance or something if you have to, just get it done!

|

5/4/2017 9:36 AM

pnj wrote:

A glass of red wine a day has been shown to help prevent heart attacks. wink

Seriously though, hope you get better and glad ...more

mostly b/c of medical and prescription bills. I am going to assume the worst, so that when I get the bill, I don't have another heart attack. I am hoping that my health care does the right thing and covers it right, but we will see.

I also didn't think about how getting and having the bike could be massively therapeutic. Weeks before this happened I got air for the first time out of this 6 foot half pipe that had been my nemesis at one park. That is one of the things that I constantly thought about on the table...I HAVE to start mastering that thing. I find out tomorrow what my rehab regimine will be so that will help.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/4/2017 11:40 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

mostly b/c of medical and prescription bills. I am going to assume the worst, so that when I get the bill, I don't have ...more

It's things like this that make me glad i don't live in the states anymore, sure the NHS here isn't perfect, but i don't have to worry about medical bills, or having "the right type of coverage", especialy for pre-existing conditions etc

Not that i ever go near a doctor....

|

5/4/2017 12:31 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

It's things like this that make me glad i don't live in the states anymore, sure the NHS here isn't perfect, but i don't have ...more

yeah, it is a pretty messed up system here. All set up for the profit if the company for sure. Part of the reason I am here is b/c for a short time I lost coverage, and couldn't afford my daily Diabetes meds. I was off for 2 years. Not good, but what could I do? When the meds alone cost me as much as two weeks pay, there was nothing I could do. Anyone here in the States who thinks Socialized Medicine is bad is just ignorant and scared. I say bring it on!! Always have. I would much rather my tax dollars go to that then stupid military spending and other wasteful things here....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/4/2017 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2017 1:38 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

yeah, it is a pretty messed up system here. All set up for the profit if the company for sure. Part of the reason I am here is ...more

Agreed, AND NO I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO A POLITICAL DISCUSSION.

America is 100% for PROFIT. Without killing the system, we won't change it. That will also kill a LOT of companies.

Sad that people think they need 250K PER DAY to run a company *coughpharmaceuticalscough* but that is the world we live in sadly.

I do hope that someday we can get to a better spot where healthcare is not nearly impossible to afford...example is my son's birth cost MORE THAN MY HOUSE AND CAR COMBINE. That is INSANE. Yea, he was in the NICU for 11 days, that sucked. But it should NOT be over 120 GRAND being that most of it he was only checked every few hours because he was relatively low risk compared to others AND MY WIFE AND I WERE THERE DOING EVERYTHING FOR 14-16 hours PER DAY.

Back to the subject at hand, take it easy and get back on the bike according to doctor orders.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/4/2017 2:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

America is 100% for PROFIT. Without killing the system, we ...more

Just looked at my payslip...my National insurance contribution is £84.16 for a month, that's like what $100? and i don't even notice it as its already off my wage before i get it along with the other tax, so its not like i get it then have to give it back/pay it to someone else.

|

5/4/2017 4:50 PM

Holy shit man youre a diabetic? Hope you take care of yourself man. I learned a lot about the disease because my dad had it. Gotta be careful of everything.

Hope that you recover well man! Get back to 100% and back on the bike.

|

5/4/2017 6:54 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Holy shit man youre a diabetic? Hope you take care of yourself man. I learned a lot about the disease because my dad had it. ...more

yeah. It does make you have to be 100% aware of what goes in your body....which is sort of legit. I mean, we should all really be doing that from the start, but we just get trained not to in our cultures. Eating will never be just another careless thing I do during the day. It is sort of funny that we (BMXers) will spend tons of time and money dialing our bikes, but we don't do the same with our bodies...again, a new look on life for me. I really really hate to have to become a food Nazi, but I have to to live now. IT is no joke.

The cool thing is that I have met a TON of people my age who ride like mofo's with Diabetes and heart disease. It is just a matter of being aware. Also, the riding works to counteract the negative sides of both diseases, so it is a bonus in the end!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/4/2017 7:04 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

yeah, it is a pretty messed up system here. All set up for the profit if the company for sure. Part of the reason I am here is ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

America is 100% for PROFIT. Without killing the system, we ...more

weegaz22 wrote:

Just looked at my payslip...my National insurance contribution is 84.16 for a month, that's like what $100? and i don't even ...more

yeah, i am not gonna wax politcal either b/c it will probably set my heart off again, but it is a shame that my 3 day stay and procedure will be in the $200-300 thousand dollar range, and I am anticipating having to pay at least 10% of that out of pocket. Most likely on some kind of payment plan, so it is like i just bought a new car....

and they still take right around $300 per month out of my check - like weegaz22 mentioned - so
i have worked there for 20 years roughly, and lets say that for 240 months they have been taking an average of $200 a month out. That equals roughly $48,000 I have payed into the system. I have only used my health care to pay for routine Doctors visits, so this is my first big event. I guess after seeing those numbers, i can't complain too much...if i did the math right.

We will see what the bill is like though. I hope the ysay I can ride a bit tomorrow at the follow up appt.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/4/2017 9:45 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Holy shit man youre a diabetic? Hope you take care of yourself man. I learned a lot about the disease because my dad had it. ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

yeah. It does make you have to be 100% aware of what goes in your body....which is sort of legit. I mean, we should all really ...more

Yeah man taking care of your body is the number one priority.

Man I remember being a kid and understanding way too much about diabetes. Watching my dad take his insulin shots, carrying a snickers bar one and my mom just in case his blood sugar got too low. Looking back Im surprised that I was that responsible at that young of an age.

Hope the best for you man!! Please keep us updated!!

|

5/5/2017 3:10 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

yeah, i am not gonna wax politcal either b/c it will probably set my heart off again, but it is a shame that my 3 day stay and ...more

Thats insane, i have an Ex of mines that's had pretty poor health from day one and i bet if she was in the states she would have easily racked up the equivelent of a couple of billion dollars going by the prices you are listing, now considering that the entire UK budget for the national health service is £120 billion a year(which covers 65 million people) i'd say she's getting pretty good value for money.

|

5/5/2017 4:23 PM

Holy shit! I'm glad you're OK.

|

5/6/2017 8:11 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

thanks man! I actually feel great, and am excited to get this new lease on life. Like, I feel like I am going to be stronger in many ways because of having to re-think how I take care of my self. I can't remember the last time I felt this "clean". I didn't realize how poor my breathing was; or how much my muscles actually hurt. My body was not running very efficient...I wasn't "dialed" I totally feel younger again now.

I feel like I got a ton of new "Odyssey parts". I can't wait to get back out. I have been told at least a month...A MONTH!! That in itself is torture, but I have been told that my heart can't take it right away. I have to work it up.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

5/6/2017 7:05 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

thanks man! I actually feel great, and am excited to get this new lease on life. Like, I feel like I am going to be stronger ...more

It's awesome you feel healthier, you seem to have a great outlook on the situation. If you feel dialed now think about how you'll feel in a month. Hopefully your insurance covers everything and your new feeling body can get on a nice new Luxe.

|