Verde Neyer Pro Vs Fly Proton

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2016 9:55 AM

Hello,

I've looked at a lot of complete bikes at around the £350 range, the Fly Proton and Neyer pro seem like best bang for buck at that pricepoint.

I'm looking for full cromo.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

|

4/21/2016 12:13 PM

What specs are you looking at? On completes, different year biked have different specs...and you didn't mention any year on those bikes. Either give some specs or the years of the bikes. :-)

|

4/21/2016 12:51 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was looking at the 2016 models.

Cheers

|

4/21/2016 8:42 PM

Out of those 2, I'd get the Verde. It has a few better parts like the sprocket & stem are Primo, and not Trebol (Fly's budget/off brand)

Plus the main deciding factor is the rims on the Fly don't seem that good. They're the Trebol rims which look to be a single wall rim, with only the sides being double walled. Just seems weak but idk. The Verde has a single wall rim in the front, but a double wall in the rear at least where it counts.

|

4/21/2016 9:03 PM

Do not get the fly. The parts are really bad. My friend had one and snapped the cranks right off it on a bunnyhop after having it for like 6 months and not riding hard.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/21/2016 9:29 PM

No don't listen to this guy I'm a pro rider for volume, volume is coming out with my Sig parts and frames in the summer my frame is going to be called the night storm and it also coming in a compete full cromo that if you can wait.

|

4/21/2016 9:41 PM

No don't listen to that guy he's a pro homosexual for Brazzers, Brazzers is coming out with his Sig dildo and ball gag in the summer his dildo is going to be called the daddy's disappointment and it also coming in a compete double headed that if you can wait.

|

4/21/2016 11:33 PM

Watch him be Bill Perry and him announcing his unannounced signature line lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/23/2016 6:13 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Out of those 2, I'd get the Verde. It has a few better parts like the sprocket & stem are Primo, and not Trebol (Fly's budget/off brand)

Plus the main deciding factor is the rims on the Fly don't seem that good. They're the Trebol rims which look to be a single wall rim, with only the sides being double walled. Just seems weak but idk. The Verde has a single wall rim in the front, but a double wall in the rear at least where it counts.

The rims on the proton are garbage man, I just bought the 2015 model proton that comes decked out with trebol parts and I rode the bike for a few weeks with no pegs to get used to it, I love it immediately. So today I got some free time to ride and put my pegs on it and took off. Went to an old spot of mine threw down a few feebles on a ledge and everything seemed fine, moved on to a rail and the first double peg I threw down chipped a big chunk right out of the wheel, I was livid that those wheels are that shitty, tried a few more to see if the wheel would stay true, and after a few more grinds I notice two more spots on the rim that didn't quite take a chunk out but it smashed those spots pretty good. Rim stayed somewhat true. Sunday is right the fly with the cheap trebol parts isn't that great, I like the bike don't get me wrong but I'm gonna have dump some more money in it to beef it up. I personally have never chipped a wheel doing a grind like that. Especially not on a round rail lol. My cheap ass plain black rims on my kink have held up tremendously compared to these trebol rims. Pretty crappy tho. Id Go with the Verde man.

|

4/24/2016 3:07 AM

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Frankenstein, doesn't look good at all! Thanks for sharing the info though, appreciate it.

Yeh, I've been leaning towards the Verde for a while now and can't seem to find anything better. However, I did see this Haro Plaza 2015 with decent specs also:

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/75484/Haro_Plaza_2015_BMX_Bike

What are you guys thoughts on Haro build quality/reputation overall? I've heard that they are underrated but couldn't find anything more solid than that.

Do you guys use any kind of solid review sites?

cheers

|

4/24/2016 4:27 AM

The Verde is £380 at Source, really good for the money.

http://www.sourcebmx.com/en/gb/Verde-Neyer-Pro-2016/m-29870.aspx

Only one left though.

|

4/25/2016 3:17 AM

I'd lean Verde, unless you got a spare wheel and sprocket sitting around. Love my proton. Haven't put any real riding on it yet, but a few 180s and tail whips, and the wheel ain't that true anymore. Sprocket broke one drive position and bent another, in 5 weeks ownership, mostly using it to commute around our base here in Oki. Also, there's a loud creaking noise when I have the left crank foward and try to pedal.

|

4/25/2016 3:18 AM

|

4/25/2016 3:19 AM

|

4/25/2016 3:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2016 3:23 AM

New back wheel will be finished this weekend(mutant owl MK3 with oddyssey 7KA, 250 for the full build including spokes and lacing), and going to find a sprocket, but may order one.

|

4/25/2016 7:22 AM

OK, so I went for the Verde in matt black. Should be getting it sometime this week.

Thanks for all the help, I'll let you know how it rides!

Cheers

K

|

4/28/2016 9:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2016 10:25 PM

Damn near taco'd a trebol (Damn autocorrect)cassette today, shaped like a Pringles now

|