Vert walls

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2011 9:39 PM

lately i've been hitting a lot of vert walls. seriously one of my favorite things to ride besides a good wallride or trails.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

1/15/2011 9:41 PM

they are a beautiful thing

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/15/2011 9:45 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

you need to come to denver. at the moment we now have 4 vert walls, and we are making more!!

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

1/15/2011 10:17 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

you need to come to denver. at the moment we now have 4 vert walls, and we are making more!!

O.o
i'm in denver

|

1/15/2011 10:42 PM

that first one is facebook profile picture aprooved. legit. ive never had one to try but they look fun. ive never even ridding a legit skatepark. closest thing ive gotten to ramps is ghetto ramps at the trails and friends backyard, and my local ''concrete park''

|

1/15/2011 10:43 PM

Love vert walls. So fun, so simple.

|

1/15/2011 10:45 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

O.o
i'm in denver

Denver NC, sorry dude.

|

Bike check?

1/16/2011 1:24 AM

one at my local indoor is about 12 feet high and 15 wide, ud love it, aaaand. theres a platform on top with couches and a microwave

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

1/16/2011 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2011 1:31 AM

I love vert walls. There is this skate park in London called bay 66, it has a pretty big one- and in the middle of it it has a quarter that sticks out, if you got skizzles you can carve round it. I don't have the skizzles unfortunately but it looks fun hahaha

|

1/16/2011 1:32 AM

unfortunately there is a skater in it and its not a great picture, but this is what it looks like
Photo

|

1/16/2011 6:46 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

I am trying to make it happen asap! tues and sat right?

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/16/2011 7:17 AM

Last time I hit a vert wall, I got tangled up and my top tube hit the coping of the near by quarter. A week after getting my Loosefer... dizzy

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/16/2011 8:53 AM

we got a 12 foot vert wall at our park, and if im feeling cocky, i flow that son of a bitch like crazy. ive about aired out of it. ive gotten coping height atleast. there so fun

|

when im on my bike, none of life's bullshit phazes me. my mind is free
sub to me on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/devonisadirtygirl?feature=mhum
follow me on twitter and ill follow back! @thedevonrussell

1/16/2011 9:47 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

Denver NC, sorry dude.

i'm sad now lol

|

1/16/2011 9:53 AM

Booshy wrote:

unfortunately there is a skater in it and its not a great picture, but this is what it looks like
Photo

carve over that sonbitch

|

1/16/2011 10:10 AM

Woodward west has a vert wall like 20 feet high and a total of maybe 40 feet long with a quarter in it. Carvin over the 6 foot quarter is pretty sick too. Idk why haha

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/16/2011 10:10 AM

I am a bigger fan of just big ass quarters.Vert walls (a smaller quarter with vert on it) scare the fuck out of me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2011 10:11 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I am a bigger fan of just big ass quarters.Vert walls (a smaller quarter with vert on it) scare the fuck out of me.

They kinda throw you wierd I think. Ha

|

MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10

1/16/2011 10:21 AM

mate doin the 8 foot bowl with a 6 foot vert extension i ride in leeds... i love it

[LINK TO IMAGE]

and theres another at a park near me but its tight as fuck like 4 feet wide and scary as shitt!

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

1/16/2011 10:53 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

abreezy111 wrote:

I am trying to make it happen asap! tues and sat right?

yeah, tuesday 5-8 saturday 11-3

i need to get a picture of the 16 footer.

|

Bike check?

1/16/2011 12:54 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

senorita jim wrote:

Nahh, they actually taught me the motions of airing. Just haul ass at it, level yourself out in the air, and dive back down.

|

1/16/2011 1:17 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

senorita jim wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Nahh, they actually taught me the motions of airing. Just haul ass at it, level yourself out in the air, and dive back down.

I can air pretty decent like a couple feet but maybe It was just that the vert wall at Woodward is a good 20 feet tall. Hahah idk

|

MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10

1/16/2011 5:25 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This. My local park just built one and it's so weird. I don't know whether to pull up, turn on it, or just lift my front wheel.

|

Refs: Fundyssey23, njbmxerdude, tinybikerider33, CRAZY MAAZY,lil_buddy010, Hunthubbs2

1/16/2011 6:15 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Street Rat 420 wrote:

This. My local park just built one and it's so weird. I don't know whether to pull up, turn on it, or just lift my front wheel.

you just try to stay as close to the wall as possible. like i think of it as trying to hit my bar end on the wall.

|

Bike check?

1/16/2011 6:25 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

you just try to stay as close to the wall as possible. like i think of it as trying to hit my bar end on the wall.

thats why i love vert walls you basically dont even hop at all offof it and you almost just pivot back down. its fun

and i almost died carving the vert wall over the quarter at woodward, on they way back down my front end started to rise up and i almost manualed out of the end of it

|

1/16/2011 7:04 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Street Rat 420 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Ah, so basically just a tight turn?

|

Refs: Fundyssey23, njbmxerdude, tinybikerider33, CRAZY MAAZY,lil_buddy010, Hunthubbs2

1/16/2011 7:16 PM

you can also right as you get to the peak let the bike float up and into you and parallel the bike to the wall and then float back into the wall when you go down. I really enjoy doing very walls that way...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/16/2011 7:19 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

you can also right as you get to the peak let the bike float up and into you and parallel the bike to the wall and then float back into the wall when you go down. I really enjoy doing very walls that way...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

haha same wall!! is that danny siden(sp?)

@streetrat- see what i mean by "hitting the barend on the ramp"?

|

Bike check?

1/16/2011 7:22 PM

nope thats J-EZ

|

1/16/2011 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2011 7:25 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

nope thats J-EZ

the fuzzy hair fooled me.

edit: sweet, im like a foot and a half higher than him!!

|

Bike check?