Vhs camera

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2017 12:58 AM

Is there any cheaper but still great vhs camcorders similar to sony vxes around there? What would you recommend? And any tips for a newb whk would like to start recording stuff?

|

12/25/2017 11:14 AM

Panasonic dvx100

And tip: When watching videos, pay less attention to tricks, but pay attention to how its filmed. And dont slowmo (or at least don't overdo it)

|

12/25/2017 5:28 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Panasonic dvx100

And tip: When watching videos, pay less attention to tricks, but pay attention to how its filmed. And dont ...more

This. Slowmo is the worst thing to happen to BMX edits.

|

12/25/2017 5:55 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

This. Slowmo is the worst thing to happen to BMX edits.

If used appropriately and not all the damn time, it can be good though... for instance if someone does a double truck it can sometimes be hard to tell what happened/that the bars were spun twice. same with some other tricks, and sometimes it just looks good on certain tricks or setup.

but I definitely agree it's super overused. a lot of "edits" I see on Instagram are heavily slow-mo'd... I know a kid who will do a really good line, but slow-mo and zoom in on EVERY part of it... like if he did a line where he does bump/wallie to smith, to feeble, to 360 out, he'll play the video then when it goes to the bump/wallie he'll zoom in and slow-mo the bump, then go back and play it normally up to the smith this time, then slow-mo zoom in on the smith to feeble this time, then go back and play the video AGAIN up to the 360 out and slow-mo zoom the little tuck in the 3, then might play the whole video normally at the end too... It's really fucking annoying and as good as he is I RARELY watch anything he posts anymore cause it's so damn stupid

|

12/25/2017 9:27 PM

A vx is pretty cheap and great to learn on. But if you need cheaper, a canon gl2 is almost the same thing.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/26/2017 3:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 3:24 AM

Thanks guys! Does any of you know if the canon xm2 is any good? Also the same question about fisheye is there a cheaper but still good option? I didnt want to put mad moneys in it at first
Also any other good sites then ebay, gumtree and amazon to hunt em?

|

12/26/2017 4:15 AM

coldmajki wrote:

Thanks guys! Does any of you know if the canon xm2 is any good? Also the same question about fisheye is there a cheaper but ...more

The samyang fisheye is cheaper than most. There's a site called tobydeals.com that has loads of cheap stuff. It seems a bit moody but all the reviews are positive

|

12/26/2017 9:23 AM

coldmajki wrote:

Thanks guys! Does any of you know if the canon xm2 is any good? Also the same question about fisheye is there a cheaper but ...more

That camcorder has smaller sensors than a vx or dvx so it would have slightly worse quality but it seems alright to learn on. I would recomend getting an opteka titanium fisheye for it. They are around $130 and pretty decent. I use one on my vx2100.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop