Video Bike Check Thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2013 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2013 7:20 PM

What are you guys thoughts on video bike checks? I think they get boring and it's really annoying to see the camera shaking and zooming in on a part as they mention it. So I got an idea. I 'm pretty sure it's already been done. But it was a different way to do a video bike check. Talk about a bit of the bike then riding clips then more bike and so on. For example, frame2 ,riding clips, front end,2 riding clips, seating & wheels, 2 riding clips, drivetrain, then end with 4 or 5 riding clips. And go into detail too, such as bars are whatever, higher bars are easier on my back, and I cut them to xx inches cause it's how i've always rode etc etc...

What do you guys think of that?

And would anyone be willing to edit it for me if i send them the clips?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 5:28 PM

I see video bike checks are ideal if you want to throw in riding clips and don't want to get into too much detail about stuff like BB headset, etc.
My friends bike check ended up on the Subrosa site, he's good friends with Simone.
Here.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 5:29 PM

I have seen pros do that.. I think aaron ross did one

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/5/2013 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2013 5:36 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

I have seen pros do that.. I think aaron ross did one

i think mike mastroni did one too. im gonna get some clips tomorrow and try to throw one together and see how it turns out

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 5:39 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

I have seen pros do that.. I think aaron ross did one

tomdon wrote:

i think mike mastroni did one too. im gonna get some clips tomorrow and try to throw one together and see how it turns out

Do it, I'm pretty interested in it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 6:02 PM

weather permitting, ill have it done tomorrow night

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 6:04 PM

tomdon wrote:

weather permitting, ill have it done tomorrow night

Try to put in some effects without overdoing it and try to use some good quality camera, no one likes stuff filmed with a potato.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 6:16 PM

its a samsung action sports cam. its not the best but it works. quality isnt amazing but it aint shit either. i got it for a warranty receipt. i linked to the camera

http://www.ecoustics.com/products/samsung-hmx-w200-waterproof-pocket-hd/

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 6:21 PM

I don't mind them if they are actually done well, edited well, and have some riding clips.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/5/2013 7:07 PM

Product Feature - Clint Millar Bike Check from Colony BMX on Vimeo.

|

5/5/2013 7:11 PM

This looks damn good. ^^

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 7:22 PM

anyone want to edit it for me if i send the clips? preferably someone who is really good at editing

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 8:45 PM

andyferly wrote:

Try to put in some effects without overdoing it and try to use some good quality camera, no one likes stuff filmed with a potato.

hey dont judge my crap camera

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/5/2013 8:46 PM

tomdon wrote:

weather permitting, ill have it done tomorrow night

andyferly wrote:

Try to put in some effects without overdoing it and try to use some good quality camera, no one likes stuff filmed with a potato.

WallmartBMX wrote:

hey dont judge my crap camera

It's true though, a nicely filmed edit appeals more to the viewer.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/6/2013 4:35 AM

Pros who are talking about custom mods interesting

People on forums doing them are gay. Only thing worse is un packing videos

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/6/2013 4:45 AM

I prefer checks where you see the person build the bike. Also i quite like it when the person who has built the bike does a little run down on the parts they ride & why they ride them & actually know what they are talking about! I wouldnt mind trying a video bike check when the Benny is all sorted out.

|

5/6/2013 5:17 AM

Sean Burns has the best video bike checks.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/6/2013 2:54 PM

Gump wrote:

Pros who are talking about custom mods interesting

People on forums doing them are gay. Only thing worse is un packing videos

Who even watches people unboxing shit?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/6/2013 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2013 3:10 PM

Bike checks when pros do them are cool, it gets the public pumped to buy the parts they're running. It's more advertising the parts when pros are involved. Riders in general like to see what their favorite rider is rolling on. When average joe's like you and i do them it's less likely to get some kid watching to be pumped to buy so and so frame, part, whatever...

Is what is though. I don't mind watching a bike check no matter who's it is. As long as you give good reviews and feedback on the parts you're riding it'll be a good, informative bike check. There are viewers that are curious to know other rider's opinion on a certain part and that itself will make any check worth making. Go for it bro.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/6/2013 3:52 PM

|

5/6/2013 4:06 PM

BMXism wrote:

Bike checks when pros do them are cool, it gets the public pumped to buy the parts they're running. It's more advertising the parts when pros are involved. Riders in general like to see what their favorite rider is rolling on. When average joe's like you and i do them it's less likely to get some kid watching to be pumped to buy so and so frame, part, whatever...

Is what is though. I don't mind watching a bike check no matter who's it is. As long as you give good reviews and feedback on the parts you're riding it'll be a good, informative bike check. There are viewers that are curious to know other rider's opinion on a certain part and that itself will make any check worth making. Go for it bro.

i tried it today and it didnt work out well. my self filming skills are shit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/7/2013 9:52 AM

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]


follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/7/2013 9:58 AM

Damn man that's one hell of a well filmed bike check, nice!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/7/2013 10:05 AM

king_swag wrote: this is mine, people here seemed to really like it

andyferly wrote:

Damn man that's one hell of a well filmed bike check, nice!

thanks dude!

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]


follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media