Vital BMX Database Upgrade

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2019 8:36 AM

Early this morning, we upgraded the database on the site. Everything seemed to go smoothly and it should lead to a better / faster overall experience.

With any upgrade, there may be some hiccups. If you experience any problems with the site, please let us know in this thread!

Thank you!

-Kyle Carlson

|

4/24/2019 8:38 AM

Will do, thank you all for the maintenance!

|

4/26/2019 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2019 9:25 AM

There's something strange happening in the bike checks section. The top 4 posts(3 of which have no titles?) haven't been active since 2014/15 but they're further up the page than a post from 2 hours ago.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/26/2019 11:44 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

There's something strange happening in the bike checks section. The top 4 posts(3 of which have no titles?) haven't been active since 2014/15 but they're further up the page than a post from 2 hours ago.

Was just about to post this lol. I also tried on mobile, different browsers, everywhere seems to have this issue.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

4/26/2019 2:03 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out. Our developers will get it fixed ASAP.

|

4/26/2019 4:17 PM

VitalBrad wrote:

Thanks, Brad.

One other thing I just found: The most recent post in the "Bike Checks" section was by Jibby(5 hours ago) but on the forums list page, it's showing .pegless.(9 hours ago) as the most recent poster.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/26/2019 4:54 PM

VitalBrad wrote:

This has also happened in the "Music" section and the "How-To" section.

Another thing: the infinite scroll appears to break after scrolling down enough. I just get a revolving loading image but it never actually loads.

Another thing but not an actual problem: In the "Bike Checks" section, the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons appear at the top of the post rather than the bottom and are not styled the same as the "Edit" and "Delete" in the other sections. Just found it a little strange

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/1/2019 8:36 AM

Fixes have been applied, please reply below if you are still experiencing any issues mentioned above (screenshot if possible). Thanks!

|

5/1/2019 8:39 AM

aaronvitalbmx wrote:

Fixes have been applied, please reply below if you are still experiencing any issues mentioned above (screenshot if possible). Thanks!

Thanks, Aaron!

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/14/2019 4:35 AM

2 small things I've noticed, since this update:
1. The order of post upvotes is reversed. Now the most recent upvote appears at the top of the list. It's not a problem, just a little strange, after getting used to the old way.
2. When going into a topic, the link will bring you to the last post you read in that topic, instead of the one below it that you haven't read.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/14/2019 8:53 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

1. The order of post upvotes is reversed. Now the most recent upvote appears at the top of the list. It's not a problem, just a little strange, after getting used to the old way.
2. When going into a topic, the link will bring you to the last post you read in that topic, instead of the one below it that you haven't read.

Thanks for the heads up, looking into, and welcome too for the previous!

|

5/14/2019 10:46 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

First item fixed ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

|

5/14/2019 1:29 PM

aaronvitalbmx wrote:

Sick, thanks!

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/15/2019 11:16 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

aaronvitalbmx wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Sick, thanks!

Welcome! Other item has been fixed too, please let me know if you see it again.

|